Spectacular Bust potential- Caleb Williams

Kirwin and Miller said that Williams behavior at the Combine is the best thing that could happen to Maye, Daniels and the other QB’s. Also, football is the ultimate team game, the QB has to be the unquestioned leader of the team and Williams is acting like it’s an individual sport. 

• Upvote 2

It feels like it’s becoming trendy to label Williams a bust. 

He certainly may be, IDK

But he’s been considered the best prospect for a long time. I’m not sure about his maturity/mental makeup, but I’m generally not sure about that stuff for any draftee. 

The biggest thing that would scare me would be that he’s going to the Bears, who are very Jetlike with their inability to draft and/or develop a good QB

• Sympathy 1

He will do okay imo.   He is going to an org on the upswing with some young talent and draft assets and soon to me more with a Fields trade.

Guys that bust often go to hopeless teams with no talent and no assets because they have traded them to get the QB. (Bryce Young, Sam Darnold)

What if Caleb Williams falls to #10? Will the Jets take him or not? Remember the team has no future QB after Rodgers retires. Also owner Woody Johnson will have a say in who the Jets should draft. What Woody says goes because he wants to sell seats and make money.  

4 hours ago, Wit said:

Its almost comical how clearly Caleb Will be a bust. Teams should be running in the opposite direction. He is right that the combine and contacts in the NFL are horrible and changes should be made. That being said, some punk who was good in college is NOT that answer. Hes going to be an epic bust. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops like a rock. 

So your saying he might be nearly as bad as Zach Wilson?

2 minutes ago, AL047 said:

What if Caleb Williams falls to #10? Will the Jets take him or not? Remember the team has no future QB after Rodgers retires. Also owner Woody Johnson will have a say in who the Jets should draft. What Woody says goes because he wants to sell seats and make money.  

You take him if he falls that far.  No brainer

5 hours ago, Wit said:

It’s almost comical how clearly Caleb Will be a bust. Teams should be running in the opposite direction. He is right that the combine and contacts in the NFL are horrible and changes should be made. That being said, some punk who was good in college is NOT that answer. Hes going to be an epic bust. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops like a rock. 

I agree whole heartedly.  Hope he ends up with the Pats.

All the message board gurus have decided Caleb is going to be a bust, huh? Draft this beast!

Seriously though, this is a new era and you better get used to attitudes like his now that NIL is a thing. The kid has made between $10 and 20 million while playing for USC. He’s not going to kiss anyone’s a** at the combine, nor does he have to.  
He’s going to be a top 2 pick at worst and will be worth &40-50 mil before he takes a snap in Training Camp.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Zero humility. Talk about drama on the horizon for whomever drafts him. If I was a HC I’d be pleading to my GM; Can we just draft MHJ instead?

MHJ is gonna light it up at the combine, right? Oh wait… he told them to piss off also, didn’t he?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

All the message board gurus have decided Caleb is going to be a bust, huh? Draft this beast!

Seriously though, this is a new era and you better get used to attitudes like his now that NIL is a thing. The kid has made between $10 and 20 million while playing for USC. He’s not going to kiss anyone’s a** at the combine, nor does he have to.  
He’s going to be a top 2 pick at worst and will be worth &40-50 mil before he takes a snap in Training Camp.

Take the rest of the crap out of the equation (where he's still an outlier), and we're still left with a tiny guy from the Pac-10 who's game is "run around until someone breaks free",  with an entitled, sh*tty me-first attitude and is highly emotional.

Nope.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The cockamamie theories the lot of you usually come up with aside, declining medicals actually is a legit non-starter.   

Yea, because having a ah*t attitude and personality has never sank a QB 🙄

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Take the rest of the crap out of the equation (where he's still an outlier), and we're still left with a tiny guy from the Pac-10 who's game is "run around until someone breaks free",  with an entitled, sh*tty me-first attitude and is highly emotional.

Nope.

I hear you, and I think he’s an arrogant SOB… but like I said, the kid doesn’t need to play the “combine game”.
He’s already gotten a bag from NIL and he’s going to get another one from the NFL. He’s gonna be worth $50 mil come the end of April. You think he gives a sh*t about what the league or people on a message board think?

If he ends up in a good situation and puts up above average level QB for his team, he’s looking at another $300 mil plus in his career. Caleb Williams is living his best life.

4 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Caleb Williams is like the opposite of Jim McMahon

One guy showed up to practice with a beer and tried to run over ppl

The other will show up to practice with nail polish and a dress... 

and ... what's wrong with that?  ;-)

cam-newton_4jpg.jpg

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It feels like it’s becoming trendy to label Williams a bust. 

He certainly may be, IDK

But he’s been considered the best prospect for a long time. I’m not sure about his maturity/mental makeup, but I’m generally not sure about that stuff for any draftee. 

The biggest thing that would scare me would be that he’s going to the Bears, who are very Jetlike with their inability to draft and/or develop a good QB

I said it first! 

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea, because having a ah*t attitude and personality has never sank a QB 🙄

Becoming the middle aged man opining on the attitude of “kids today” wasn’t how you thought your life would turn out, was it?

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1