Big Jets Presence at Oregon Pro Day

Big NFL contingent from 30 NFL teams in Eugene today for Oregon pro-day with @ChicagoBears (8) and @nyjets (5) having most club reps.

Here's π™˜π™€π™–π™˜π™π™šπ™¨ π™žπ™£ π™–π™©π™©π™šπ™£π™™π™–π™£π™˜π™š for position workouts:

QB Bo Nix- Bears (HC, OC), Raiders, Jets, Patriots, Seahawks (OC)

OL Jackson Powers-Johnson- Steelers, Jags, Bears

WR Troy Franklin- Colts, Jets, Bears

RB Bucky Irving- Cowboys

DL Brandon Dorlus- Vikings, Jets, Broncos

DB Khyree Jackson & Evan Williams- Jets

some people think nix may fall a good deal, if he does that would be an interesting look for the jets.Β  He has the physical ability they like.

Β 

Love Khyree Jackson for this teamΒ  6'3 and coming from a similar coverage system.Β  It would be a great get to help eventually replace ReedΒ 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

some people think nix may fall a good deal, if he does that would be an interesting look for the jets.Β  He has the physical ability they like.

Β 

Love Khyree Jackson for this teamΒ  6'3 and coming from a similar coverage system.Β  It would be a great get to help eventually replace ReedΒ 

I’m kind of eh on the Oregon offensive guys - not my bag stylistically - but the defensive players are interesting.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, derp said:

I’m kind of eh on the Oregon offensive guys - not my bag stylistically - but the defensive players are interesting.

Everyone is Meh on Nix but I think in my opinion i can see where the jets would have interest if he fell into the later rounds (ie round 4).

-Well built, 6'2 215 good arm, good mobility, good leadership intangibles.Β  The kid is not scared of competing (played in his bowl game even though he didnt have to, went to senior bowl and threw at the combine)Β  Tons of experience in college.Β  They probably feel they could groom him under rodgers for 2-3 years and maybe have something.Β  I dont think he falls that far though, he had a good enough combine showing to push him into rd 2-3 i think.Β  Teams will be desperate.Β 

Khyree Jackson is a perfect fit for this defense and what they like.Β  Lanning has similar defensive structures to the jets coverage wise and his length on the other side of sauce would give the jets some interesting matchups.Β Β 

I've mocked KJ to the jets in every PFN mock ive done this year.Β 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Everyone is Meh on Nix but I think in my opinion i can see where the jets would have interest if he fell into the later rounds (ie round 4).

-Well built, 6'2 215 good arm, good mobility, good leadership intangibles.Β  The kid is not scared of competing (played in his bowl game even though he didnt have to, went to senior bowl and threw at the combine)Β  Tons of experience in college.Β  They probably feel they could groom him under rodgers for 2-3 years and maybe have something.Β  I dont think he falls that far though, he had a good enough combine showing to push him into rd 2-3 i think.Β  Teams will be desperate.Β 

Khyree Jackson is a perfect fit for this defense and what they like.Β  Lanning has similar defensive structures to the jets coverage wise and his length on the other side of sauce would give the jets some interesting matchups.Β Β 

I've mocked KJ to the jets in every PFN mock ive done this year.Β 

Yeah, I would like to like Nix more than I do. The concern mostly lies with him being pretty experienced but not doing as well when he doesn’t have a quick answer and then playing in a really well run offense. Always reluctant with guys coming from good situations.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, derp said:

Yeah, I would like to like Nix more than I do. The concern mostly lies with him being pretty experienced but not doing as well when he doesn’t have a quick answer and then playing in a really well run offense. Always reluctant with guys coming from good situations.

yeah I mean there are definitely concerns with his game.Β  I think most of these guys have really worrisome traits.Β  Hell JJ is gonna go top 7 prob and no one knows if he can even carry an offense lolΒ 

Need drives everything at the QB position.Β 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

yeah I mean there are definitely concerns with his game.Β  I think most of these guys have really worrisome traits.Β  Hell JJ is gonna go top 7 prob and no one knows if he can even carry an offense lolΒ 

Need drives everything at the QB position.Β 

Agree, but without an imminent need I think they can afford to be kind of choosy.

Nix seems like the type who will succeed in the right situation where he's protected and has weapons around him.Β  I think he'd also benefit a lot from learning behind Rodgers.Β  That said I don't see him lasting anywhere near the 3rd round, and we're obviously not going to take him in the 1st.Β  I think our most likely options are Rattler and Pratt.

Β 

As far as the rest, Dorlus is intriguing.Β  He has a similar build to JFM from what I can see.Β  I wonder if they'd like him as a potential replacement if he's around in the 3rd.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 2:15 PM, derp said:

Especially when you saw them in a bad situation earlier in their career and they stunk.

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2024 at 3:45 PM, Augustiniak said:

Nix is going round 2 so if the jets are considering him they’re also considering a trade back

I think you study him in case he drops.Β  It also helps inform your process in a year or two when you are buying again.Β  Knowing how to pick a QB is probably the single biggest talent in football.Β  Every time one of these guys fail we see why it was obvious.Β  The time to learn is now, when you are not under the gun.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think you study him in case hr drops.Β  It also helps inform your process in a year or two when you are buying again.Β  Knowing how to pick a QB is probably the single biggest talent in football.Β  Every time one of these guys fail we see why it was obvious.Β  The time to learn is now, when you are not u Der the gun.

I get it but the jets don’t even have a 2nd rounder. Β So maybe it’s wishful thinking but i want to believe that jd has scenarios where he trades out of 10 and gets another day 2 pick. Β Even so i can’t see a qb in round 1 this year. But maybe a trade up from somewhereΒ