Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

It’s not ego.

Half of the general public wouldn’t be able to pick RFK Jr. out on a California sidewalk during a lazy Sunday stroll.

Now you have his name trending everywhere for the last 24 hours.

Again: it’s the Jets, so I’m expecting the worst, but it’s more likely that this is a media campaign to bring eyes on RFK Jr.’s campaign/platform and another political name will be named his actual running-mate.

I agree,

I think you're closest to the target as Rodgers now has everyone talking and all eyes on him as you point out.  He also will get to be a like minded mouth piece for RFK when he is eventually questioned by the media who are all clamoring to cover this. 

Unlike RFK Jr who is largely being ignored by the media and IMHO is unjustly being labeled by people who fail to do their homework.

1 minute ago, Jetkwondo said:

I agree,

I think you're closest to the target as Rodgers now has everyone talking and all eyes on him as you point out.  He also will get to be a like minded mouth piece for RFK when he is eventually questioned by the media who are all clamoring to cover this. 

Unlike RFK Jr who is largely being ignored by the media and IMHO is unjustly being labeled by people who fail to do their homework.

I always wondered what a potential RFK Jr. voter was like. Thank you 👍

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I always wondered what a potential RFK Jr. voter was like. Thank you 👍

Didn't say I'd vote for him just that people tend to go off talking points rather then facts.

I took the time to listen to him which surprised me.

I Found out :

Kennedy first made a name for himself by litigating big business polluters for a small, centuries old, fishing community to clean up the Hudson river. He won and cleaned up the Hudson for the average Joe, so to speak.

After that success he was approached by mother's of sick children to take on a giant growing industry that harmed their children, which he first declined, but then reading their horror stories was moved to go on to win countless compensation judgments for the victims. 

He said he makes sure that everything he states is backed by peer reviewed studies which is why nobody has been able to sue him, nor do they want to debate him.

So based on that  I happen to respect him, that's all

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

You don’t think this is embarrassing to the Jets right now?
Rodgers, by his silence is making them the butt of jokes not only in the sports world, but to the entire country other than the 3% who might actually bet on this quinella.

That’s not “messing with the media” that’s him going against everything he said this organization needs to do to change it’s culture. “Eliminate the noise” my a**… The guy is a delusional attention whore, plain and simple.

I don’t see the embarrassment angle ghost

the jets have done their share of embarrassing things over the years but rodgers being mentioned as a vp candidate and him and the org staying quiet is not embarrassing to me

it us simply a story

some of you remember another jet qb who was a embarrassment full of himself, associated with the mob etc

i think we won a Super Bowl with him

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I don’t see the embarrassment angle ghost

the jets have done their share of embarrassing things over the years but rodgers being mentioned as a vp candidate and him and the org staying quiet is not embarrassing to me

it us simply a story

some of you remember another jet qb who was a embarrassment full of himself, associated with the mob etc

i think we won a Super Bowl with him

Good points, Trot. I’m going to respectfully disagree though. 
btw Go Orange tonight! 😉

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Potentially having a negative impact on ticket sales prolly isn't important to ownership.  I have it on good authority that Woody hates money.

Woody loves money but what impact?

i am guessing based on attendance that the jets are 70% sold in season tickets

mist likely last year they saw a 10% or greater increases 

do we think this story is going to affect maybe the additional 1 or 2 % they might sell?

Ok let’s say rodgers leaves then maybe the 30% avail for a specific home game could be affected but that is not reality until it happens

thus is a story nothing more until something factual occurs

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I, too, wish to expedite the process by allowing a GM and coach to select a young QB for the next regime.

Sounds like a plan for success.

Just ask Todd Bowles.

Let them build the OL or WR's in the draft for next year, but don't bring in over priced FA's this year and they won't be carrying Rodgers money for next year when they get the rookie.  

Would be great to have an OL and WR's when the new QB comes in.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Let them build the OL or WR's in the draft for next year, but don't bring in over priced FA's this year and they won't be carrying Rodgers money for next year when they get the rookie.  

Would be great to have an OL and WR's when the new QB comes in.

If you think for one second that a lame duck regime will build a team for the next group of guys, you’re off your rocker.

Aaron goes and the pick will almost definitely be a QB.

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Really hoping a lot of these comments are supposed to be funny and they just aren’t because anyone getting actually upset by this 

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Yeah, I don't think anyone's taking this seriously like it's going to happen...The fact that this is a thing - and that Rodgers hasn't come out and said - "No, that's ridiculous" is so JETSY...

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If you think for one second that a lame duck regime will build a team for the next group of guys, you’re off your rocker.

Aaron goes and the pick will almost definitely be a QB.

I think if Rodgers really does this (which he won't) Woody will play a major role it what happens.  He's not going to let those lame ducks dictate.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re leaking unsourced oppo on Rodgers. This guy is absolutely going to be the VP choice. 🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆💦💦💦💦

Why do you have so many....di....I mean eggplants? Is that how Goro look's without clothes on?

image.thumb.png.bd5c93cbe9b28866573aa849426ac4e9.png

• Haha 2

Rodgers should come out and deny the rumors. The powers that be will have no shame destroying him, and they will. And once those wheels are in motion, damage to the Jets organization is going to happen. It's one thing for Woody Johnson to be some half bit background guy in Republican Land. It's another thing to be an ayahuasca chugging third party candidate running for President while playing for the Jets.  I like RFK -- but this is some hare-brained sh*t from Rodgers. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I wish you the best 

I wont bet them so I don’t mush you

You couldn’t hurt me any more than I’ve been doing on my own with hoops. Let’s just say i can’t wait for baseball to start.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think if Rodgers really does this (which he won't) Woody will play a major role it what happens.  He's not going to let those lame ducks dictate.

I’d take that bet.

They’d sooner resign.

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, Vader said:

Rodgers should come out and deny the rumors. The powers that be will have no shame destroying him, and they will. And once those wheels are in motion, damage to the Jets organization is going to happen. It's one thing for Woody Johnson to be some half bit background guy in Republican Land. It's another thing to be an ayahuasca chugging third party candidate running for President while playing for the Jets.  I like RFK -- but this is some hare-brained sh*t from Rodgers. 

a$$hole move by Rodgers for sure. But the organization deserves it for not trying nor caring for so long 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The sandy hook stuff is trash reporting. Real low.

but Rodgers can put an end to this by tweeting or whatever that he’s not running for office 

Probably floated by Kennedy’s team so they can open with the time-honored “the media is against us, CNN is sliming us, the establishment is afraid” etc at the presser in a couple weeks. Gonna be so epic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d take that bet.

They’d sooner resign.

Which also solves the problem. 

Not paying multiple coaches and GM's and you get to start over.  I'm sure Woody would welcome them quiting.

• Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Didn't say I'd vote for him just that people tend to go off talking points rather then facts.

I took the time to listen to him which surprised me.

I Found out :

Kennedy first made a name for himself by litigating big business polluters for a small, centuries old, fishing community to clean up the Hudson river. He won and cleaned up the Hudson for the average Joe, so to speak.

After that success he was approached by mother's of sick children to take on a giant growing industry that harmed their children, which he first declined, but then reading their horror stories was moved to go on to win countless compensation judgments for the victims. 

He said he makes sure that everything he states is backed by peer reviewed studies which is why nobody has been able to sue him, nor do they want to debate him.

So based on that  I happen to respect him, that's all

RFKj did his community service prison sentence in lieu of prison time for heroin possession (a very forgiving sentence thanks to his name and privilege)  at riverkeepers He also claims to have co-founded Riverkeepers with Robert Boyle which is an absolute lie. He pushed out Boyle after they disagreed on hiring an exotic bird smuggler after he served his prison sentence. 
Maybe you shouldn’t be so selective in what you choose to read 

ETA The Defender’s website 

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/authors/robert-f-kennedy-jr/

goes into great length on Kennedy’s bio about his environmental victories, not one word about victim compensation. The only thing that comes up in a search is him suing others for defamation and censorship most of which are immediately dropped 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Which also solves the problem. 

Not paying multiple coaches and GM's and you get to start over.  I'm sure Woody would welcome them quiting.

And you know what they’ll tell Woody on the way out?

”Our HoF QB retired to go play election, you gave us an unofficial playoff mandate, refused to let us make a big trade, refused to allow us to draft a young franchise QB, all because you’re going to fire us for not making the playoffs, and want a situation where replacements can come in and be successful right away.  The entire league is going to hear how this went down.”

Tell me who you think is going to take this job and replace them?

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Tell me who you think is going to take this job and replace them?

Gonna be so bleak. If Rodgers bails, they’re gonna have to trade up to 8 and take McCarthy just to make things appear less tragic

• Upvote 1