Official NFL Draft Rumors and News Thread

20 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Is it so unreasonable, seeing that TE is a position that is notoriously difficult to project from NCAA to NFL, combined with the knowledge that señor Bowers is undersized in both height and weight, that we might want as much information from as humanly possible before drafting this guy ten overall?

Who is this “we” you’re talking about… you?

I hate to break this to you, but Joe Douglas (and the other NFL GMs) could give two sh*ts about what you might want to see.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Bubble officially burst.

This whole time I thought JD, when not busy crushing pretzels, was diligently reading my posts and adjusting his draft spreadsheet accordingly

Whoa dude… you’re the guy who just said “we need more information before being on board with drafting him”.

I mean, come on. The NFL has over 40 game tapes of him against SEC teams, not to mention playoff games, but a couple guys like you on a message board NEED to see him run two 40’s in underwear and do a cone drill to be on board with drafting him? 
I know you boys love to watch highlights and act like you’re draft gurus, but there comes a time when you’ve got to realize you don’t actually know what’s what.

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Whoa dude… you’re the guy who just said “we need more information before being on board with drafting him”.

I mean, come on. The NFL has over 40 game tapes of him against SEC teams, not to mention playoff games, but a couple guys like you on a message board NEED to see him run two 40’s in underwear and do a cone drill to be on board with drafting him? 
I know you guys love to watch highlights and act like gurus, but there comes a time when you’ve got to realize you don’t actually know what’s what.

I'm just a simple fella that thinks an undersized, positionless "chess piece" with no athletic testing to cross-check is a ridiculous gamble.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm just a simple fella that thinks an undersized, positionless "chess piece" with no athletic testing to cross-check is a ridiculous gamble.

Red, forget about the cute “chess piece” label you want to try to put on the guy because you thought it was cool when you heard someone coin it regarding his versatility.

We root for a team that in the past 5 drafts took Sam Darnold at #3, Zach Wilson #2, Mekhi Becton #11(?) Denzel Mims and Elijah Moore in the 2nd. Let’s not even mention a few drafts prior to those.
If he ends up a bust, Bowers at #10 wouldn’t even make the top 10 list of ridiculously bad draft picks we’ve made in the last 7-8 years.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I know you boys love to watch highlights and act like you’re draft gurus, but there comes a time when you’ve got to realize you don’t actually know what’s what.

Weird post

Red, forget about the cute “chess piece” label you want to try to put on a guy because you thought it was cool when you heard someone coin it regarding his versatility.

We root for a team that in the past 5 drafts took Sam Darnold at #3, Zach Wilson #2, Mekhi Becton #11(?) Denzel Mims and Elijah Moore in the 2nd. Let’s not even mention a few drafts prior to those.
If he ends up a bust, Bowers at #10 wouldn’t even make the top 10 list of ridiculously bad draft picks we’ve made in the last 7-8 years.

"This team has busted before, in spectacular fashion, so we might as well just say 'f*** it', this here TE has an alliterative name and I like that play where he catches a three-yard pass in the flat, jukes the first defender that's gonna work @ Walmart this time next year and then runs over a second defender that'll be in a real estate licensing course this summer all for a 15 yard gain. That's the kinda sh*t that translates to Sundays."

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

How so?

Lots of guys dominate in college and bust in the NFL. Especially at a position as unpredictable as tight end, where historically, only elite athletes translate at the next level. Bowers not testing is a red flag. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

"This team has busted before, in spectacular fashion, so we might as well just say 'f*** it', this here TE has an alliterative name and I like that play where he catches a three-yard pass in the flat, jukes the first defender that's gonna work @ Walmart this time next year and then runs over a second defender that'll be in a real estate licensing course this summer all for a 15 yard gain. That's the kinda sh*t that translates to Sundays."

You’re trying way too hard. You don’t like him, and that’s fine, but don’t act like he played D-II ball at Mankota St.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

You’re trying way too hard. You don’t like him, and that’s fine, but don’t act like he played D-II ball at Mankota St.

Not only is there no quantifiable athleticism we can cite, the whole Bowers hype is constantly being hedged by gurus and people on this board that "he's gotta go to the right team, with the right scheme, be used correctly and he's not a traditional TE".

None of that was heard about Breece, Garrett, Quinnen or Sauce.

• Upvote 1

That’s why you pay them right? 😜

:War room, Team X on the clock, Bowers is the top available player on the board:

GM: So, we’re all good? Bowers? 

Coaches: Bowers. Yep.

Scouts: Bowers. You betcha. 

Owner’s son: Daaaad, he runs a 4.55! That’s like a 68 Speed on Madden, dad!

Owner: Whoa whoa whoa fellas let’s think about this now. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Lots of guys dominate in college and bust in the NFL. Especially at a position as unpredictable as tight end, where historically, only elite athletes translate at the next level. Bowers not testing is a red flag. 

Why is a guy who had a leg injury which wasn’t healed before the combine not testing a red flag?

Other guys were training months specifically for that day. He was clearly the best at his position for 3 years. If you were him would you (or your agents) want you to go there when you weren’t 100%? 
It’s funny how the message boarders seem more upset about it than actual NFL teams do.

Here’s the funny part about all this… Bowers wouldn’t be the guy I’d want if there is an OL or a WR there at #10. I just can’t get on board with you and the others here who don’t want him because he didn’t meet your testing standards.

13 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Not only is there no quantifiable athleticism we can cite, the whole Bowers hype is constantly being hedged by gurus and people on this board that "he's gotta go to the right team, with the right scheme, be used correctly and he's not a traditional TE".

None of that was heard about Breece, Garrett, Quinnen or Sauce.

Again… not for you to decide. Actual GMs do that.

6 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Not only is there no quantifiable athleticism we can cite, the whole Bowers hype is constantly being hedged by gurus

I swear I’ve heard every draft bro this cycle perform this same trick: 1. Chide people for downplaying Bowers’ generational skillset and question his college production and then 2. Immediately mock him to the Bengals at 16 because “he doesn’t make sense for every team.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

:War room, Team X on the clock, Bowers is the top available player on the board:

GM: So, we’re all good? Bowers? 

Coaches: Bowers. Yep.

Scouts: Bowers. You betcha. 

Owner’s son: Daaaad, he runs a 4.55! That’s like a 68 Speed on Madden, dad!

Owner: Whoa whoa whoa fellas let’s think about this now. 

So you’re saying Woody’s kid is gonna save the day? This bodes well for our future, no?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I swear I’ve heard every draft bro this cycle perform this same trick: 1. Chide people for downplaying Bowers’ generational skillset and question his college production and then 2. Immediately mock him to the Bengals at 16 because “he doesn’t make sense for every team.”

In all seriousness, I can’t see him going top 15 unless we take him.

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

“We can decide…” 😂

Again… not for you to decide. Actual GMs do that.

Yup. And we know they're damn-near infallible:

33 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Why is a guy who had a leg injury which wasn’t healed before the combine not testing a red flag?

Other guys were training months specifically for that day. He was clearly the best at his position for 3 years. If you were him would you (or your agents) want you to go there when you weren’t 100%? 
It’s funny how the message boarders seem more upset about it than actual NFL teams do.

Here’s the funny part about all this… Bowers wouldn’t be the guy I’d want if there is an OL or a WR there at #10. I just can’t get on board with you and the others here who don’t want him because he didn’t meet your testing standards.

Didn't he do positional drills and run around? 

This dude will do anything but actual, quantifiable athletic testing.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Plus one outstanding tape of him taking screens and jet sweeps to the house vs NCAA powerhouse UT Martin 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Plus one outstanding tape of him taking screens and jet sweeps to the house vs NCAA powerhouse UT Martin 🤣🤣

You know the school he played at is kinda a big deal in the SEC, right?

The kid has lined up against every great team in the sport, won a Natty, played in numerous playoff games, but yeah… that joke about UT Martin a few weeks ago on the board? That’s his career. 🙄
It’s either that or the chess piece thing I guess. 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So pretty safe to say that Bowers was going to put up a 4.55 and his agents decided to keep that sh*t off the books for fear of it tanking him into the twenties.

I think he definitely runs if he’s putting up a 4.55. It’s a good time at his size, better than LaPorta who was great last year at a similar size.

There’s the article talking about his 4.5 and 40” vert from high school that got everyone frothy, but Feldman’s freaks piece then said 36” vertical and runs in the 4.5’s and people don’t usually hit the Feldman numbers.

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

**total mystery if that translates from NCAA to NFL football**

the MF'ers in this here league are bigger, faster and more skilled

Is it so unreasonable, seeing that TE is a position that is notoriously difficult to project from NCAA to NFL, combined with the knowledge that señor Bowers is undersized in both height and weight, that we might want as much information as humanly possible before drafting this guy ten overall?

MHJ isn't undersized and his dad's name is Marvin Harrison. He might be the exception to the rule. 

Bruh.  The teams know. You don’t.  Big difference. 

Brock Bowers registered the second-fastest max speed (21.9 MPH) for any FBS ball carrier in Week 2 : r/georgiabulldogs.

Breece Hall reached a top speed of 20.54 mph on this 83-yard run, his third-fastest speed of his career. Hall has reached 20+ mph on four ...

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

if the jets took bowers with the 10th pick and he busted, it would be up there with zach, darnold and maybe beckton as the worst picks of the last decade.

missing on the #10 pick (especially when taking a lower-valued position like TE) is significantly worse than missing on a 2nd round WR.  heck, it's probably worse than missing on becton since OT is a premium tackle.  and it would be worse than taking macdonald at 15 (assuming macdonald becomes a bust - too early to call on that one) since it is a higher pick and a less valuable position.

• WTF? 1

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

If the 40 was such an irrelevant non-issue, why would he not just run one?  Since it's meaningless and all.

You can't have it both ways.  The 40 can't be both entirely irrelevant to NFL GM's while also being such a risk to run that players refuse to do it out of fear of dropping in the draft.

Lets be honest here, MHJ isn't running one, because he knows his time won't be elite, and his agents think it'll hurt his draft stock vs. other top tier WR prospects who may run faster 40's, and he, MHJ, is already the top guy because of his play and his family name already, so why risk it.  That doesn't mean his strait line speed is meaningless or irrelevant, or that NFL GM's wouldn't want to see it, they just realize in this business why a guy in this spot wouldn't risk it, and they accept that's a part of the game.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Brock Bowers registered the second-fastest max speed (21.9 MPH) for any FBS ball carrier in Week 2 : r/georgiabulldogs.

was that against UAB, samford or ball state (his week 2 opponents each of his 3 years)?