NFL Network’s Colleen Wolfe apologizes to Jets, wasn’t at meeting, and second hand info of argument may have been inaccurate

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

She said it was a “reliable source” who was at the party. She’s friendly with every insider and media personality in the industry. Have you ever been to a gathering with your wife and you have one of those little micro-arguments? Like, you’ve had two fingers of scotch and she’s like “maybe slow down a little bit?” and you’re like “maybe be enthusiastic about having sex again?” and she’s like “maybe use that Peloton we bought for your birthday?” and you’re like “excuse me, we bought?” and she’s like “oh **** you” and you’re like “yeah thought so” and she’s like “you’re ******* drunk” and you’re about to fire back with the verbal killshot but you’re a little drunk and opt to bite your tongue because using a verbal killshot while plausibly drunk is top-shelf alimony behavior, and all of this takes place quietly in the span of 27 seconds and maybe one person sees it and gives you both the “eek” face? That’s what probably happened. Like, Cynthia Frelund was ten feet away and saw it happen while Connor Hughes was across the room annoying a group of people with his golf stories and Frelund texts Wolfe with the eek face emoji in a haha wow tone that she doesn’t think amounts to much but some fun gossip that she repeats during the wrap of the podcast. A week later, Connor Hughes is in his garage on his golf simulator and Woody Johnson’s assistant’s assistant calls in the favor-demand to Hughes to tweet out testimony of a thing he did not see occur AND to state that Woody took Saleh out to dinner, which disproves nothing but would be a detail that Woody Inc would want included as a piece of circumstantial evidence that would suggest everything between he and Saleh was fine 24/7/365. 

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/30/2024 at 8:13 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Once again, I believe that you are confusing me with someone else, dude. Literally none of the above applies to me, as my entire input into this stupid ass topic has been:

He is talking about your “does that cost extra” comment. That implies her being a whore.

Personally i dont care I believe in fun and humor at all costs. Its not like she is here to hear it anyways.

but thats what he meant i think

On 3/30/2024 at 12:24 PM, T0mShane said:

Still pretty sure it happened.

It might have, however CW works for for the NFL Network. Woody owns 1/32 of NFL Network. Not a good look calling out one of your bosses.

I would not be surprised if Miss Wolfe is not retained once her contract expires.  

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

It might have, however CW works for for the NFL Network. Woody owns 1/32 of NFL Network. Not a good look calling out one of your bosses.

I would not be surprised if Miss Wolfe is not retained once her contract expires.  

If I was a Wolfe and I suspected that Woody Johnson was leading the charge to have me fired, I’d start picking out trim packages for my new Porsche because it’d result in my contract getting extended with a massive raise. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HighPitch said:

He is talking about your “does that cost extra” comment. That implies her being a whore.

Personally i dont care I believe in fun and humor at all costs. Its not like she is here to hear it anyways.

but thats what he meant i think

I know what he meant.

And if that was enough to trigger someone on a message board, they need to take a break. Sorry. I don't know Colleen, she seems a nice enough young lady, and no, I actually don't think she's secretly a prostitute.., (anyone that makes that kind of jump is clearly unhinged, tbh) ... and I have no idea about anything in her personal life, nor do I care. LOL. The comment was a reference to Marv Albert, less about CW... but maybe kids under 40 have no memory of that incident. Or we as a society have truly lost our sense of humor...

But thanks for, um, something...? You implying on this board that I "love Erdogan" and making a joke about an old incident that involved a once very famous person are pretty different, yes?

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If I was a Wolfe and I suspected that Woody Johnson was leading the charge to have me fired, I’d start picking out trim packages for my new Porsche because it’d result in my contract getting extended with a massive raise. 

Woody is about as popular with the 31 other owners as Colin Karpernick is at a PBA convention 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Colleen Wolfe isn't getting fired from anything, and I doubt the Jets really gaf about any of this at this point. This topic has gotten very old and completely ridiculous very, very quickly.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Claymation said:

There’s an in group and out group of owners.  In group is Kraft, Rooneys, Maras,   guy who owns the Ravens

Woody doesn’t even get to sit at the table with the nerds he literally sits by himself 

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Colleen Wolfe isn't getting fired from anything, and I doubt the Jets really gaf about any of this at this point. This topic has gotten very old and completely ridiculous very, very quickly.

Yeah, when I started the original thread I believe I added the qualifier that it was a nothing thing but would be fun to joke about, but then dudes started wilding out on the quote out of context and some took it too seriously. (Absolutely not saying that was you, at all). The internet, baby. 

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

There’s an in group and out group of owners.  In group is Kraft, Rooneys, Maras,   guy who owns the Ravens

Woody doesn’t even get to sit at the table with the nerds he literally sits by himself 

There was a fun story during CBA negotiations where Woody was trying to insert himself in the negotiating process like he was some union-busting hardo and Jerry Jones effectively sent him to sit in the hallway while the adults handled the business end. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:31 AM, T0mShane said:

She said it was a “reliable source” who was at the party. She’s friendly with every insider and media personality in the industry. Have you ever been to a gathering with your wife and you have one of those little micro-arguments? Like, you’ve had two fingers of scotch and she’s like “maybe slow down a little bit?” and you’re like “maybe be enthusiastic about having sex again?” and she’s like “maybe use that Peloton we bought for your birthday?” and you’re like “excuse me, we bought?” and she’s like “oh **** you” and you’re like “yeah thought so” and she’s like “you’re ******* drunk” and you’re about to fire back with the verbal killshot but you’re a little drunk and opt to bite your tongue because using a verbal killshot while plausibly drunk is top-shelf alimony behavior, and all of this takes place quietly in the span of 27 seconds and maybe one person sees it and gives you both the “eek” face? That’s what probably happened. Like, Cynthia Frelund was ten feet away and saw it happen while Connor Hughes was across the room annoying a group of people with his golf stories and Frelund texts Wolfe with the eek face emoji in a haha wow tone that she doesn’t think amounts to much but some fun gossip that she repeats during the wrap of the podcast. A week later, Connor Hughes is in his garage on his golf simulator and Woody Johnson’s assistant’s assistant calls in the favor-demand to Hughes to tweet out testimony of a thing he did not see occur AND to state that Woody took Saleh out to dinner, which disproves nothing but would be a detail that Woody Inc would want included as a piece of circumstantial evidence that would suggest everything between he and Saleh was fine 24/7/365. 

So you got nothing. 

she said several people that were there reached out to her and disputed her account and reporting. 

/end thread 

Just now, Larz said:

So you got nothing. 

she said several people that were there reached out to her and disputed her account and reporting. 

/end thread 

She also first said it happened on Sunday and then later said it happened on Monday, which you can totally see happening to someone describing something they didn't even witness. 

18 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Steven Biscotti owns the Ravens.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

So you got nothing. 

/end thread 

1. The “apology” she tweeted was written by the legal team in an prepared img format, as opposed to text that she wrote herself. Anyone thinking she decided to recant as anything other than a way to appease the silver spoon dipsh*t on the three-goat tax evasion ranch in Alpine is deluding themselves. 

2. she explicitly says she received the report she shared from a reliable source, but that others “saw the interaction differently,” which is a nice way to say that, yes, the source she heard it from stands by the reporting. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

She also first said it happened on Sunday and then later said it happened on Monday, which you can totally see happening to someone describing something they didn't even witness. 

She said explicitly she didn’t witness it. 

22 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I know this is meant to be amusing, but Woody used to sit with Jim Dolan.  Then Dolan and Shel Silver put the screws to the West Side Stadium project.  There are no friends in that group.  Just business partners and people that can cost them money.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. The “apology” she tweeted was written by the legal team in an prepared img format, as opposed to text that she wrote herself. Anyone thinking she decided to recant as anything other than a way to appease the silver spoon dipsh*t on the three-goat tax evasion ranch in Alpine is deluding themselves. 

2. she explicitly says she received the report she shared from a reliable source, but that others “saw the interaction differently,” which is a nice way to say that, yes, the source she heard it from stands by the reporting. 

I Have Spoken GIF by IMDb

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

She said explicitly she didn’t witness it. 

Right, and then she either mixed up when it happened or never bothered to nail down when it actually happened. Either way, it kinda speaks for itself. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Right, and then she either mixed up when it happened or never bothered to nail down when it actually happened. Either way, it kinda speaks for itself. 

Indeed. It speaks to the fact that it was an amusing little rumor that one of her friends texted her from a party.

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There was a fun story during CBA negotiations where Woody was trying to insert himself in the negotiating process like he was some union-busting hardo and Jerry Jones effectively sent him to sit in the hallway while the adults handled the business end. 

It is amazing after 15 straight lousy seasons 0 playoff appearances people are still drinking Woody Johnson kool aid

9 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

It is amazing after 15 straight lousy seasons 0 playoff appearances people are still drinking Woody Johnson kool aid

I’m guessing we could count all the people who drink Woody Johnson kool-aid on one hand, with enough fingers leftover for all the people who’d like to see Zach on the team this year. But, by all means, keep up these highly important crusades of yours. Gives you a chance to show off that charisma. 

• Haha 2

.bae50e9f70aee5621ead045705f165d0.gif

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk