Rodgers Thought His Career Could Be Over (AP)

I know it sounds weird to say. But him getting injured might have been the best thing for us.

He is going to be highly motivated to succeed and play at a high level. Probably is taking care of his body better than he ever has in rehab.

And bc of this he seems to be committed to play at least 2 seasons with us. Making what we have up for him not bad at all. Also keep in mind. Him getting injured had us keep our 1st this year.

When I destroyed my ankle on the job and was told it was "probably a career ender", I just said F that, rehabbed hard after surgery.... and worked another 13 years on the job. But the possibility was there and was very real. Hell, the thing will bother me for the rest of my life, but I pushed through it. 

I dont know how thinking that after a serious injury could possibly be considered a negative in any way. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I know it sounds weird to say. But him getting injured might have been the best thing for us.

He is going to be highly motivated to succeed and play at a high level. Probably is taking care of his body better than he ever has in rehab.

And bc of this he seems to be committed to play at least 2 seasons with us. Making what we have up for him not bad at all. Also keep in mind. Him getting injured had us keep our 1st this year.

We wasted another year of our lives watching Zach stink and now he’s 40 and coming off a major leg injury and the backup qb is a fragile running qb who always gets hurt.  Gee I wonder where this chain of events is headed?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Could have just signed Brissett but nooooooo Tom, you had to go all in on some of the most horrific QB wishlisting ever and now look at you, a mere eight months away from $40 mil in dead cap space, no coach, no GM, and an embarrassing little asterisk pegged onto the Pro Football Reference page of Aaron Rodgers, Malibu shut-in. 

BrEsS5.gif

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We wasted another year of our lives watching Zach stink and now he’s 40 and coming off a major leg injury and the backup qb is a fragile running qb who always gets hurt.  Gee I wonder where this chain of events is headed?

Hes a QB. His injury was a leg injury. And his arm looked as good as ever in camp last year.

im Not worried 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach is back  for Halloween? Boo!!!

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2024 at 9:08 AM, Warfish said:

Jets' Aaron Rodgers briefly thought playing career could be over after tearing his Achilles tendon

Story by DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Pro Football Writer • 12h
Aaron Rodgers acknowledged during a podcast appearance this week he briefly thought his playing career could be over after he tore his left Achilles tendon in the New York Jets’ season opener.

“I was really thinking, ‘This is it. You don’t come back from this injury,’” the 40-year-old quarterback said during a wide-ranging 2 1/2-hour interview on the “I Can Fly” podcast, which was published Tuesday.

Rodgers, traded to the Jets last offseason after 18 years with the Green Bay Packers, was injured just four snaps into his debut with New York on Sept. 11.

“I had this incredible offseason experience in a new city, in a new town, with new teammates, a new organization, an owner for the first time, and really falling back in love with the game that I first fell in love with when I was 5 years old,” Rodgers said. “And it was absolutely beautiful and special and deep and rich and yummy, and just incredible.

“And then, one of the most heartbreaking nights of my life, when I played four plays. Talk about an ego death.”

Rodgers said he quickly began researching Kobe Bryant's surgery to repair a similar injury during his playing days with the Los Angeles Lakers and “the doomsday of, like, my career is over kind of started to go away.”

The four-time NFL MVP fought back tears while talking about his message to some of his closest friends about his recovery and rehabilitation before he flew home to California on Sept. 12.

“I said, ‘I need help,'" Rodgers recalled. "'This is going to be really, tough. I just need you all to be there for me on the tough days when I stop believing it’s possible.'"

Rodgers had surgery the next day and went through an extensive rehabilitation process that he said was helped by prayer, diet and support from friends. He insisted his goal was to return before the end of the regular season, if the Jets remained in playoff contention – while pulling off the fastest known recovery from a torn Achilles. He was cleared by doctors for some football activities in late November and said he felt good, but aborted the comeback attempt a month later with the Jets out of the postseason hunt and him not 100% recovered from the injury.

Coach Robert Saleh said last month at the NFL meetings in Orlando, Florida, that Rodgers is on track to practice when the Jets begin voluntary organized team activities next month.

Rodgers, who was considered as a running mate for Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s presidential campaign, is focused on returning to the football field.

“I’m excited about playing again,” Rodgers said. “I love playing. I fell back in love with the game and then I had it taken away after four plays. I miss being out there, I love competing. ...

“Football is my happy place. That’s where I feel most in control of my athletic ability. I missed that last year, I really, really missed it. My heart was broken. I’m excited about taking the field one more time and -- not life or death -- going to battle with my guys.”

Rodgers said “so much changed” in his life “for the better” on a personal level since he sat “heartbroken” in the Jets' locker room on Sept. 11 and "thinking my career might be over.”

“Only in that has all this beauty been able to happen in the last six months, so how can I not be grateful to the universe,” Rodgers said. “She is a beautiful teacher.”

Any sane human being while sitting in the locker room first hearing his achillies was ruptured would have been thinking that exact same thing nothing to see here .

If it were me sitting in that locker room in the same exact circumstances as Rodgers was in career wise, age, being on a new team that has been snake bitten at the position for 50 years, I would have said to myself.... holy crap is my career over ? and those thoughts would have been completely justified.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Any sane human being while sitting in the locker room first hearing his achillies was ruptured would have been thinking that exact same thing nothing to see here .

If it were me sitting in that locker room in the same exact circumstances as Rodgers was in career wise, age, being on a new team that has been snake bitten at the position for 50 years, I would have said to myself.... holy crap is my career over ? and those thoughts would have been completely justified.

You are a brave soldier Smash. I would have thought my season was over as soon as the Woody Johnson clown mobile pulled into the driveway  of my Malibu beach house. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We’re back

IMG_0598.jpeg

You know why most QB's dont last into their 40's ? because they are not willing to put in the work the TB and AR's of the world are willing to do. There should be very little drop off from where Rodgers was 2 and 3 years ago as back to back MVP if he's in that kind of shape. Only thing I think that can stop him is if his Achillies simply didn't heal right or is giving him complications. If he's doing grueling workouts now he will be more than ready 5 months from now to start training camp and game one in top shape. Most guys want to move on with their lives after football Rodgers wants to win a SB for the Jets their fans and obviously for himself and theres plenty of motivation there. Every single Jets fan has to be rooting for this to happen if they don't they are eithjer idiots or not really True Jets fans

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You know why most QB's dont last into their 40's ? because they are not willing to put in the work the TB and AR's of the world are willing to do. There should be very little drop off from where Rodgers was 2 and 3 years ago as back to back MVP if he's in that kind of shape. Only thing I think that can stop him is if his Achillies simply didn't heal right or is giving him complications. If he's doing grueling workouts now he will be more than ready 5 months from now to start training camp and game one in top shape. Most guys want to move on with their lives after football Rodgers wants to win a SB for the Jets their fans and obviously for himself and theres plenty of motivation there. Every single Jets fan has to be rooting for this to happen if they don't they are eithjer idiots or not really True Jets fans

Any footage of Zach’s offseason?

• Haha 2

I think it’s great that AR8 is training hard for the upcoming season.   TC is 3.5 months away.  If his Achilles was not ready, he would not be running the Santa Monica stairs.  

But he did look gassed in those pictures.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

You’re just excited because that’s a Ford Raptor! 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Wonder how much of the workout was dedicated to dodging assassination attempts. 

OMG go do your Saturday Nights are for fighting Zumba class already. AR-8’s workouts are impressive and make him ready for anything! 

68A61B3F-B34A-4A0D-86F9-C7ADA6700D48.gif

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2024 at 10:40 AM, Larz said:

The takeaway from this is that he loves being here and is totally committed and in love with football again 

Say what you want about the guy but he got knocked out, they counted to ten, and then he started training right away. The whole get back last year thing didn't work out and honestly at this point that is for the best. He wasn't running full speed and him coming back for the playoffs would have been dangerous. But it drove him to work hard and hopefully he bounces back this year.

• Upvote 4