Jets need to make a fairly unprecedented move

The time to fire Saleh was either of the prior two seasons, Peyton was available and this year had a slew of proven good coaches. We will fire sh*tty Saleh next year and no good coaches will be avail and we will hire another bs rah rah dc who will bring in bad OC and we will draft another high qb and fail again

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2024 at 12:27 PM, nycdan said:

Kotite and Gase have a stranglehold on two worst coaches ever.  There is no competition.

If you want to put Saleh against Bowles and maybe Holtz for 3rd, that's a fair debate although things could easily turn around this season if we can stay healthy.  I would say the biggest black mark against Saleh has been his revolving door of ineffective OCs.  That's on him and if he gets fired, that's going to be a big part of the reason why.

It comes down to qbs. Good qbs can make OCs look great. Brady made Bowles and his staff look a lot better than they were. Hackett was the OC when rodgers had back to back MVPs late in his career.. Which he shouldn’t get much credit for. But if works both ways then, he shouldn’t be blamed much for Zach Wilson being 1 of the worst qbs ever to take a snap. Zach was awful well before Hackett came here, and he will blow in Denver too.
   The OP wants Saleh gone now, because he knows if rodgers stays healthy, jets will do very well this yr. Then Saleh isn’t going anywhere.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The OP wants Saleh gone now, because he knows if rodgers stays healthy, jets will do very well this yr. Then Saleh isn’t going anywhere.

1000%

some people have gotten to hate Saleh and JD so much they would rather go 4-13 than 13-4 just to make sure there gone.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

Bill Belichick is a free agent.

Sign this beast!

Imagine, he signs and then resigns 24 hours later again. Just to clear out our existing HC/GM and set the NYC media circus on fire. One last favor to Pats fans.

There'd probably be people here thanking him too lol

Unrelated: if you are a person in this thread who wants Vrabel in over Saleh, take solace in the fact that he will still be available next off season

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, doitny said:

1000%

some people have gotten to hate Saleh and JD so much they would rather go 4-13 than 13-4 just to make sure there gone.

Does it actually matter what anybody wants to happen?

Like I wanted Denzel Mims to be good, I’ve wanted Saleh to produce wins and playoff appearances since he got here.

But he hasn’t.  He’s failed.

I don’t have any confidence in Saleh but he has at least once more chance to put up or shut up.

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2024 at 12:19 PM, JohnnyLV said:

We need to fire Saleh before the start of the season.

If you saw any of the press conferences this weekend it is pretty clear that this guy is just completely not engaged.

He was lifeless, angry and sullen and showed no interest or passion about the draft or the team. He is already checked out.

There is nothing to suggest he is worth keeping. And before you say "defense" that is really a function of having Sauce, Reed, MC2 and the Williams brothers.

THE Jets will be a better team without him. Make Middleton or Ulbrich the head coach and move on. Saleh is in the bottom 3 of Jets coaches ever

embracing-the-darkness-peter-draws.gif.8ba627b8d2fca7a074ded7a95b0b65a0.gif

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t have any confidence in Saleh but he has at least once more chance to put up or shut up.

and thats fair, not like this ridiculous thread.

the draft just ended, the new NFL Year has started. there is not going to be a HC change. but some people want him gone so bad they want to promote Ulrich or Middleton. to replace Saleh at this stage of the offseason for guys with no HC experience thats pure hate.

On 4/29/2024 at 12:19 PM, JohnnyLV said:

We need to fire Saleh before the start of the season.

If you saw any of the press conferences this weekend it is pretty clear that this guy is just completely not engaged.

He was lifeless, angry and sullen and showed no interest or passion about the draft or the team. He is already checked out.

There is nothing to suggest he is worth keeping. And before you say "defense" that is really a function of having Sauce, Reed, MC2 and the Williams brothers.

THE Jets will be a better team without him. Make Middleton or Ulbrich the head coach and move on. Saleh is in the bottom 3 of Jets coaches ever

Salem’s priority is Golf, the Gym and maybe Jets after that.  Like Gase, who made the “I am rich as Fukk” comment, Saleh is set, I don’t think he has the passion of true winning coaches.   SF defense didn’t get worse after he left…..    but he’s here for 2024, get used to it.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Salem’s priority is Golf, the Gym and maybe Jets after that.  Like Gase, who made the “I am rich as Fukk” comment, Saleh is set, I don’t think he has the passion of true winning coaches.   SF defense didn’t get worse after he left…..    but he’s here for 2024, get used to it.  

Not only did it not get worse, it actually improved quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Sounds like Saleh would classify himself as a survivor

Survivors.jpg.575b46b858c5d8a4daa5dfab212ee073.jpg

On 4/29/2024 at 12:48 PM, T0mShane said:

You have to let him coach more than a handful of games with a viable NFL QB. Zach Wilson would have ruined the career of literally every coach in the history of the sport, and the fact that Saleh got stuck with that turd for three years is simultaneously 1. his best excuse for failure and 2. the biggest black mark on his coaching record. 

Exactly. Lets give Saleh at least 5 snaps with Rodgers this year and, if it doesnt work out, then fire him. 

• Haha 1