ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

6 hours ago, Drums said:

Zach seemed to be serviceable at the beginning of each year and regressed every game. If he starts week 4, I doubt they score 1 TD. 

I don’t remember him being serviceable 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t remember him being serviceable 

Zach was never serviceable he just didn’t throw 6 INTs in a game like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Why? The coaching staff did everything to hide him from running the ball on 2nd and long to routinely running designed one read passing plays he still would screw up

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach was never serviceable he just didn’t throw 6 INTs in a game like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Why? The coaching staff did everything to hide him from running the ball on 2nd and long to routinely running designed one read passing plays he still would screw up

Precisely. With Zach, the Jets were forced to play to try to avoid losing rather than to win.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Let's stop the conspiracy theories on Zach (and for that matter everything else). You don't have to make up things about him he sucks. 

It's quite a thing that despite the fact that the majority of first round QBs bust, there is such indignity when it is pointed out that the Jets have drafted yet another one.

• Upvote 2

Zach's performance tonight will have a lot to do with his status on the Denver depth chart or even if he makes the team. I'm sure it's must see TV for all the haters rooting against him to prove they were right. Give me a break. 

46 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach's performance tonight will have a lot to do with his status on the Denver depth chart or even if he makes the team. I'm sure it's must see TV for all the haters rooting against him to prove they were right. Give me a break. 

To the extent that "haters" is a synonym for "people who understand football," I agree.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I haven't seen when he is planning on being brought in.  If Nix is the official starter and only gets 1-2 drives and the rest is Zach against a lot of 2nd stringers.  There's a decent chance we see a crash and burn which I'm sure will bring some posts here.  But if he dinks and dunks to 65% completions with 120 yards 0TDs 0INTs against backups I don't think that should move anyone's needle on him either.

I'd like him to come out shining, I'm a BYU fan and would love Zach to succeed.  I just know that if he can't do it against 2nd stringers in the second quarter of a preseason game... well, we all know the rest.  We saw it here for three seasons.

Oh look who is no longer complaining about this thread not dying.  lol.
Hey ... I'm not saying he's going to become the next Aaron Rodgers or anything ... But if he does ... And Becton becomes something .... Ouch ... Just ouch.

Not keeping me awake at night though .. chances are slim.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk