How good is Garrett Wilson?

On 7/5/2024 at 7:14 PM, bicketybam said:

Wilson better go for a min of 1300 yards and at least 8 TD's this year or people are going to be really disappointed. 1000 yards receiving these days is less than 60 yards a game. Whoopee!

If your boy Rodgers isn’t totally rinsed he’ll hit those numbers easily.

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Garrett Wilson is pretty good.  That is all we know right now.  Hes not top 5, hes not top 10 etc.  Hes a nice receiver w/ alot to prove.

And the good news is, he now has the opportunity to prove it.

Yes he is.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If your boy Rodgers isn’t totally rinsed he’ll hit those numbers easily.

Let's hope. I mean look at his number with Wilson at QB. Do you envision any version of Rodgers that is worse than him?

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Let's hope. I mean look at his number with Wilson at QB. Do you envision any version of Rodgers that is worse than him?

What? My whole point is that he had “good” numbers with a trash bag at QB. If Rodgers is even passable he’ll easily hit your “very good” numbers and if Rodgers is good I think he’ll have awesome numbers.

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2024 at 3:11 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Al toon was a 1st team all pro in 86.  Led the league in receptions in 88.  

Garrett Wilson is not close to being a top 5 receiver in the league.  This is crazy talk.

Idk he resume makes a pretty strong case. Those yard with those QBs. Not sure many could do the same ...maybe 3 or 4 other guys 

• Upvote 2

On 7/6/2024 at 2:08 PM, Maxman said:

Toons numbers didn't end up being great. But early on, very early toon was mentioned alongside Jerry Rice.

That didn't last long but physically there wasnt anything he couldn't do.

And he was 6'4" when it seemed like nobody else was.

That must have been nice. Imagine that the jets with the prototypical sized WR.

On 7/7/2024 at 10:48 AM, bicketybam said:

Do you envision any version of Rodgers that is worse than him?

The version that only played 4 plays last year was pretty unproductive. Or was that not a version of Rodgers?

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He got 1,000 yards with ZW, Tim Boyle and Trevor Simian

Old Adam Theilen had better numbers than Garrett w/ horrible bryce young throwing him the ball.

Garrett Wilson is a good receiver.  If he wants to be considered great, he needs to step it up big time this year.

I think he can do it but until he does, this is all just jet fan homerism.  

Right now, hes maybe the 15th best wr in the league.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

fwiw the Reception Perception guy has him making a jump into the top tier of 5-6 WR with even average QB play. 

Awesome.  And if he does it, ill put him there as well.

But as of now, hes somewhere btwn wr 15-20 in the league.

• Thumb Down 2

On 7/13/2024 at 8:37 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Old Adam Theilen had better numbers than Garrett w/ horrible bryce young throwing him the ball.

Garrett Wilson is a good receiver.  If he wants to be considered great, he needs to step it up big time this year.

I hate to break it to you guys but Bryce Young is better than Zach 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I was critical of his drops last year but then I remembered just how often he was WIDE open and did not get the ball, which would have easily made up for the few times he didn't come down with the contested catch.

As good and great I think he is. The 1 big complaint I heard from GB fans with Rodgers was that in the Playoffs... Rodgers often tried to only look to Adams when it was crunch time. Relying too much on 1 guy.

So I hope Rodgers spreads the ball around with still GW clearly being WR1. But that teams do have to worry about at least 2 other guys as well.

Al Toon was flat out the best reciever the Jets have ever had.  He was insanely good and he cought a ton of hospital balls that shortened his career.  GW has a lot of Toons qualities but he's not as good as Toon was on day 1.  I think he could be great, he's not yet great. 

Keyshawn was a different type of WR.  He was big and tough.  Toon and GW are artists.  They can make the spectacular look easy. 

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Al Toon was flat out the best reciever the Jets have ever had.  He was insanely good and he cought a ton of hospital balls that shortened his career.  GW has a lot of Toons qualities but he's not as good as Toon was on day 1.  I think he could be great, he's not yet great. 

Keyshawn was a different type of WR.  He was big and tough.  Toon and GW are artists.  They can make the spectacular look easy. 

In 1998 and 1999, only Randy Moss was better in the entire nfl at the wr position than Keyshawn Johnson.

We have never had a receive come close to being the 2nd best in the league than Keyshawn.  he was phenomenal the 2 years before we traded him.

Nie

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

In 1998 and 1999, only Randy Moss was better in the entire nfl at the wr position than Keyshawn Johnson.

We have never had a receive come close to being the 2nd best in the league than Keyshawn.  he was phenomenal the 2 years before we traded him.

Nie

Keyshawn was never all pro.  In 1999 Marvin Harrison and Chris Carter were the 2 all pro NFL WR.  Jimmy Smith and Tim Brown were both better than Key in 99.

In 1998 Randi Moss and Antonio Freeman were the 2 all pro WR.  Rod Smith and Rice both had better years than Key.

In 1986 Jerry Rice and Al Toon were the two NFL all pro WR.  There's an argument that Stanely Morgan should have been All pro that year but the reality is Toon had a better year in 86 on a comparative basis than Key every had.

On 7/13/2024 at 12:04 AM, Warfish said:

The version that only played 4 plays last year was pretty unproductive. Or was that not a version of Rodgers?

As much as I hate Rodgers he was still better than Zach last year.  By all acounts he had an all pro rehab.

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2024 at 5:59 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Keyshawn’s prime was short.  He lost a step as soon as Parcells traded him in 2000.  I think Garrett Wilson is already significantly better he just hasn’t had a competent quarterback yet

In 2001 and 2002 Key had1300 and 1100 receiving yards.  2001 being his career best.  2004 he had just under 1,000 and finished his final 2 seasons with over 800 yards, solid #2 WR numbers.  
You need to rethink his career.  

32 minutes ago, Biggs said:

As much as I hate Rodgers he was still better than Zach last year.  By all acounts he had an all pro rehab.

Historic, unprecedented, and never before seen.  Or so I have heard.

Imagine, a guy tears his Achillies in week 1, and might actually start week 1 in the following year.  

No one else could possibly have done that but Rodgers.  Elite rehab skillz.  Clearly.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Historic, unprecedented, and never before seen.  Or so I have heard.

Imagine, a guy tears his Achillies in week 1, and might actually start week 1 in the following year.  

No one else could possibly have done that but Rodgers.  Elite rehab skillz.  Clearly.

🙄

On 7/13/2024 at 10:37 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

GW is #1

stephen colbert middle finger GIF

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

In 2001 and 2002 Key had1300 and 1100 receiving yards.  2001 being his career best.  2004 he had just under 1,000 and finished his final 2 seasons with over 800 yards, solid #2 WR numbers.  
You need to rethink his career.  

Keyshawn had 2 more good seasons and then became a total JAG.  Like I said he lost a step.  Stick to hyping up Zach Wilson and Allen Lazard

11 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Keyshawn had 2 more good seasons and then became a total JAG.  Like I said he lost a step.  Stick to hyping up Zach Wilson and Allen Lazard

Yeah, 800+ in each of your last two seasons, seasons 10 & 11, makes someone a total JAG.  Because of the tired, old he lost a step comment.  Like almost every wr at that point.