How Much Each NFL Team Last Sold For

Barry McCockinner

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

449357911_862623349242024_78900141222246

Wow! Unheard of escalations between’84-‘89 and ‘85-‘89. 
Finally, every 4 years from 2014 - 2022 prices doubling!

Commanders will never see a large profit on sale like these other teams IMO. There comes a point where TV $ will level off. The Sunday Ticket decision is the tip of the iceberg.

• Upvote 1

What a great investment for almost every purchase. I wonder what the breakdown is between teams for revenue? 75% from TV contracts? Does it matter if you buy in Tampa Bay or Dallas or New York? How much money can you make from selling nachos at 8 home games?

I was thinking about what @32EBoozer said above: is there a limit? Salaries are getting crazy in professional sports.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wow! Unheard of escalations between’84-‘89 and ‘85-‘89. 
Finally, every 4 years from 2014 - 2022 prices doubling!

Commanders will never see a large profit on sale like these other teams IMO. There comes a point where TV $ will level off. The Sunday Ticket decision is the tip of the iceberg.

the money we use is fake/broken and the supply of it is always increasing. prices of everything will continue to go up as money supply increases.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the money we use is fake/broken and the supply of it is always increasing. prices of everything will continue to go up as money supply increases.

I would think when we, as a nation, take a stand on the enormous spending on “Pork” (something I won’t get into here) inflation should come down and costs as well. That said, these billionaires can’t spend their $ fast enough.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would think when we, as a nation, take a stand on the enormous spending on “Pork” (something I won’t get into here) inflation should come down and costs as well. That said, these billionaires can’t spend their $ fast enough.

it will never happen so long as they can print money out of thin air. we will lose the status as the world reserve currency in the next 50 years. then they'll be forced to limit spending.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

it will never happen so long as they can print money out of thin air. we will lose the status as the world reserve currency in the next 50 years. then they'll be forced to limit spending.

The departure from the U.S. $ has already begun. When we moved away from the Gold Standard we signed our own death warrant.

That said, small window to turn things around.

Go Jets!

• Upvote 2

On 7/3/2024 at 8:21 PM, Beerfish said:

The Johsnons have paid $3,779,761 dollars per win since 2000

Booo ya!

Jets made $114 million in profits in 2022 alone.  You'd have to tally annual profitability for the time of ownership, deduct that from price paid, to get a raw "dollars paid per win."

And, I'm guessing owners reap huge tax benefits.  Woody gets on his private plan to fly to an out of town Jets game.  Cost of that trip is tax deductible as a business expense.  Hotels, food, limos, dry cleaning, you name it.  All deductible.  And I'm sure he has the accountants (also tax deductible) to make sure he gets every nickel of every deduction.

On 7/4/2024 at 1:13 PM, 32EBoozer said:

lol 😂 that’s pretty naive. 

2 hours ago, rbstern said:

Jets made $114 million in profits in 2022 alone.  You'd have to tally annual profitability for the time of ownership, deduct that from price paid, to get a raw "dollars paid per win."

And, I'm guessing owners reap huge tax benefits.  Woody gets on his private plan to fly to an out of town Jets game.  Cost of that trip is tax deductible as a business expense.  Hotels, food, limos, dry cleaning, you name it.  All deductible.  And I'm sure he has the accountants (also tax deductible) to make sure he gets every nickel of every deduction.

He makes a lot more than $114MM/year in profit, as the team's value has gone up 10-fold since buying it, so his "dollars paid per win" isn't even zero; it's far less than zero. He's gotten paid (many times over) for each win.

Long ago he's surely paid himself back just by borrowing against the appreciated value of the franchise, which Forbes had at $6.1BN a year ago, more than doubling in value between 2018-2023. https://www.forbes.com/teams/new-york-jets/

Dry cleaning, lmao. Weighed against some $5.5BN in profit (as a of a year ago, and these never go down), the deductions you listed are such minor tax benefits that they aren't even rounding errors of any rounding errors. 

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

lol 😂 that’s pretty naive. 

We’ll have a good idea as to how fed up Americans (& most likely those that aren’t) are come November. Hope may seem naivety but we’ve had examples throughout history.

Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall!

Joe Namath guarantee

Raiders staying in Oakland….. oh, wait… nvm

That chart shows a great example of monetary inflation. Inflation is monetary and intentional and is created by more money chasing fewer goods and the creation of more money out of thin air. The very high inflation of NFL team values is mostly due to the limited number of teams, creating a very exclusive club that they control.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app