A to Z Sports Film Room: Jets Have the Best Roster in the NFL

You can thank the holy trinity for this.

Post UK Woody for writing the checks.

Joe D for roster construction

Coach Slaeh for setting the culture that players want to be in.

Its happening Jet Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13-4 and a division title this year as long as QB1 stays healthy.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 4

5 hours ago, slats said:

I don’t put too much stock in these preseason rankings, but yeah. The Tanny-Rex teams had solid starters, but no depth. This team is right there or better in the starting lineups, and also has solid depth - especially in the trenches, if that sort of thing matters to you. 

I don't think we have much depth at WR.  And we probably have some linchpin guys that we can't have get hurt.  Certainly AR8 and QW.   But I guess that's true of every team.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It's funny how roundly this shtick gets ignored by the citizenry

The whole "A to Z Sports Film Room: Jets Have the Best Roster in the NFL" would've meant so much more had we still had Zonovan Knight (and Zach for that matter).  Really would've made that whole "A to Z" thing count to the max!

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

CPTJoeW.jpg.69b1e96e1c637a6c75020ff5485d4e95.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think we have much depth at WR.  And we probably have some linchpin guys that we can't have get hurt.  Certainly AR8 and QW.   But I guess that's true of every team.

I agree. I was excited about the prospect of trading up for Nabers or Odunze. Instead of having that big three WR combo, though, now we have a blue chip prospect backing up a HoF’er at LT - which isn’t the worst consolation prize. But yeah, there’s quite a lot riding on Mike Williams’ recovery and Malachi Corley’s development. When the cuts come, WR and IOL would be the two positions where I’d like to see them add a player. In the meantime, Breece will probably be second on the team in receptions, with Conklin not far behind. Lazard is playing to get paid in 2024, so he should have the motivation to put last year’s disaster behind him. He could be starting at the X on opening day, which doesn’t thrill me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It would appear to me that it might be a better roster construction move to switch out Reddick for Davante Adams.  

I am feeling alot better about a deep playoff run if we do that. 

If we found a way to add Justin Simmons to that, I think we are Super Bowl Favorites.  

Yes, it would require a fair bit of mortgaging the future for the present, but I think there has been worse.  

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I'm sure this is an inside joke, but you can make a strong case that it is the best in the league this year.

As Jets fans, we should've learned our lesson by now about talking smack before proving anything on the field.

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As Jets fans, we should've learned our lesson by now about talking smack before proving anything on the field.

Name me 10 better rosters.

No one is talking smack. This is a well constructed roster. If the Jets aren't good this year, it isn't because of the roster. It's because of coaching or injuries. They have depth on both sides of the line and at QB to withstand some injuries but not the Cataclysmic set that occurred last year. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

No one is talking smack. This is a well constructed roster. If the Jets aren't good this year, it isn't because of the roster. It's because of coaching or injuries. They have depth on both sides of the line and at QB to withstand some injuries but not the Cataclysmic set that occurred last year. 

chiefs , 49ers, lions , texans, ravens , eagles,  cowboys, packers , dolphins , bengals, rams , jags , bills (probably about a tie)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

But Joe Douglas sucks and deserves to be fired per many here.

this is a make or break year and I predict he gets fired-his entire tenure he has missed the mark at QB the most important position in football-bringing in a 40 year old QB that is passed his prime after the Wilson fiasco was a terrible move, last year showed this and sadly this year will as well

you are what your record says you are and Joes is simply terrible-Joe also hired a terrible coach to boot

25 minutes ago, Claymation said:

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I'm sure this is an inside joke, but you can make a strong case that it is the best in the league this year.

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

chiefs , 49ers, lions , texans, ravens , eagles,  cowboys, packers , dolphins , bengals, rams , jags , bills (probably about a tie)

You can make the argument for the Chiefs, 49ers, Eagles  and Ravens. Though you didn't include them the Browns as well.

But no way in hell are the Texans, Cowboys (Diggs is returning from a torn ACL), Packers, Phins, Bills, Jags and Bengals are better. The Jets have a far superior defense than all of them. And they have a good OL as well. 

Sorry Rabbit, Trix are for kids

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He’s sharing his opinion amongst fellow Jets fans not, like, going to a Raiders board to tell them how great the Jets are gonna be this year. That would be smack talk. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

The teams ya got in bold are definitely great. No true arguments, but a quickie about the Ravens:

• The Ravens spent high picks on Kyle Hamilton and Tyler Linderbaum (I bring this up, not because those players are anything but good, especially KH, but just from a "process" standpoint, I hate it), do not have a clear edge rusher (although Madabukie <spelling?> is dope in the middle), and just lost half of their offensive line this offseason to us (thanks fellas!)

cowboys, packers , dolphins , bengals, rams , jags , bills

Let's talk about these teams:

• Cowboys and Dolphins are both top-heavy rosters. They've got star power in a lot of key spots, but they've got holes - both lost their best offensive lineman in the offseason (Tyron and Robert Hunt), if I remember correctly - both Dolphins edge players tore their ACL's late last year?, the Cowboys offense is basically "throw it to CeeDee", the Fins lost their best interior defensive lineman in Wilkinson this year. Both teams have some players I'd love to have (Micah, Hill, Waddle, CeeDee, Achane) and Mike McDaniels is a dope coach, but I think we're a better, deeper roster all-around.
  • Packers are seemingly solid AF everywhere, but is anybody really great there? Is there anyone you'd put on the Sauce, Garrett, Quinnen, Breece level of ability?
  • Bengals have Burrow, Chase, and Higgins (for now). I think Logan Wilson the LB is good too (and he got screwed in that Super Bowl for a bs PI call that ended that game). Trey Hendrickson is great. But do you want their offensive line? Secondary? interior D Line? RB room? I think this roster has a few key things figured out, namely Burrow + Chase, but beyond that is pedestrian or even poor. 
  • Rams got better this year. Their o-line is better (re-signed Kevin Dotson, who I wanted for us, and then signed Jonah Jackson from the Lions, who was my backup plan for us). Blake Corum behind Kyren was smart. Kupp will be healthy. Puka is dope. Stafford is good. McVay is smart. But Aaron Donald just retired and that defense is a bunch of no-names. They're a great time to mine in fantasy football, but they're all offense/no defense. 
  • Bills got worse. Diggs is gone, the defense took a hit (Poyer, Hyde, White are all gone), and while Josh Allen is great, James Cook is good, and they still have a solid front 7, they look much more like a team that'll remain competitive but likely take a step back in win total.
  • Jaguars? Sure, the D is good, especially the front 7. And they've signed Scherff and Morse on the IOL, with Arik Armstead coming in the IDL, but like those names would've been impressive three-to-four years ago. Now it's meh? Trevor Lawrence is alright. Etienne is OK. Christian Kirk is good, but nothing special. Breece > Etienne by a country mile, Garrett over Kirk all-day-every-day, our secondary is miles better, Jermaine is better than Travon Walker, for all of their investment in LB's down in Jacksonville, Quincy Williams probably plays better than all of those dudes? Sure, their Josh Allen, the DE, is great. Evan Engram has played really well. Brian Thomas Jr is an interesting prospect and Gabe Davis is solid AF. I'd take our overall roster every day.

Anyway, I'd argue I like what the Bears have done a lot - they're a long way from being good, but they're actually giving their rookie QB highly drafted a fighting chance with what they've done. It's nice to see. Who knows if it'll turn out that way, but I see them as laying the foundation for a really good roster over the next few years - maybe in '26 we'll be talking about them as one of the elite rosters in the NFL. 

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, slats said:

He’s sharing his opinion amongst fellow Jets fans not, like, going to a Raiders board to tell them how great the Jets are gonna be this year. That would be smack talk. 

Yeah, maybe it's not smack talk but still a bit too much bravado (for me, at least) considering this franchise. lol