What Impact Will AR Achilles Injury Have?

What Impact Will AR Achilles Injury Have?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, What Impact Will AR Achilles Injury Have?

• Minimal Impact: The injury will have little to no effect on his return and performance.
    • Moderate Impact: The injury will cause some challenges, but he will make a strong return with minor performance issues.
    • Significant Impact: The injury will significantly affect his return, leading to noticeable performance declines and possible extended recovery time.
    • Severe Impact: The injury will severely hinder his ability to return and perform at a high level, with potential long-term consequences.
    • Career-Ending Impact: The injury will prevent him from returning to the game at all, effectively ending his career.
  2. 2. Which Injury Will Have More Impact On His Play?

• Thumb Injury - The impact of the injury on his play during the 2022 season
    • Achilles Injury - The impact of the injury on his play during the 2024 season
  3. 3. How Rusty Will He Be After A Year Off?

• No Rust: Shows no signs of rust and performs as if he never left.
    • Slight Rust: Has minor rust but quickly shakes it off and returns to form by the second half of week 1
    • Moderate Rust: Displays a noticeable amount of rust, requiring a few games to get back to his usual performance level.
    • Considerable Rust: Significant rust, impacting his performance for an extended period.
    • Severe Rust: Severely affects his play, raising concerns about his ability to return to his previous level.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Rodgers tore the Achilles in his non-plant foot 4 plays into 2023. What impact will that have on his return in 2024?

I don't think it will have a neg impact.

If he stays healthy even outside of the achilles I think he will have a much needed positive impact on the offense not only with his play but leadership.

As for his effect on the defense, they give up long plays, stupid penalties or cant get off the field on 3rd down i think we see him giving them sh_t on the sidelines.

Something that simply was not there last year.

Lets hope

14 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I don't think it will have a neg impact.

If he stays healthy even outside of the achilles I think he will have a much needed positive impact on the offense not only with his play but leadership.

As for his effect on the defense, they give up long plays, stupid penalties or cant get off the field on 3rd down i think we see him giving them sh_t on the sidelines.

Something that simply was not there last year.

Lets hope

I don't think it will impact his ability to throw the ball too much, if at all, since it's the non plant foot. I do think it will impact his ability to move around in the pocket, at least a little bit. He still had a noticeable limp at the recent golf tournament he played. He hasn't been much of a scrambling QB the last few years but moving around in the pocket is still important to his game.

I also think he's going to be rusty to start the season. It might take a few games before he's really feeling it out there. He's going to have to learn how to play with less ability to move around in the pocket, to trust his o-line and to just trust the Achilles again.

I can totally see us leaning heavily on the run game for a few weeks as he's feeling it out. Hell, the run game may end up being a bigger part of the offense for the entire season than anyone is expecting ala Elway end of career.

• Upvote 4

Believe the biggest impact is the shift in scheme/priority: we will be a run-first team that tries protect their aging QB by not asking him to do too much. 

Statistically, Rodgers will not be great. But the offense will go from bottom of the barrel to middle of the pack. The defense will be elite. 

The real test will be the playoffs when we face teams that force us to throw. Hopefully we trade for Davante @ the trade deadline, that would be a massive boost. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No impact -- Willie Beamen sent him a couple cases of invisible juice and pink MetRx. 

I'd rather he get some of that purple drank that made JaMarcus Russell super!

47 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Believe the biggest impact is the shift in scheme/priority: we will be a run-first team that tries protect their aging QB by not asking him to do too much. 

Statistically, Rodgers will not be great. But the offense will go from bottom of the barrel to middle of the pack. The defense will be elite. 

The real test will be the playoffs when we face teams that force us to throw. Hopefully we trade for Davante @ the trade deadline, that would be a massive boost. 

We were heading towards being a run first team anyway.  Breece is too good and Moses, Simpson are very good run blockers and so is Smith who is good at everything just not staying healthy 

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

None.  With the advancement in that surgery and the fact he is a pocket qb, it will have no effect on his play.

Except it happen when he wasn’t in the pocket and it started on that goofy awkward weird clumsy bootleg thing. 

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

We were heading towards being a run first team anyway.  Breece is too good and Moses, Simpson are very good run blockers and so is Smith who is good at everything just not staying healthy 

Plus AVT and Dude that had his wedding reception at an American legion are also way better run blocking, then pass blocking. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Except it happen when he wasn’t in the pocket and it started on that goofy awkward weird clumsy bootleg thing. 

That was not a called bootleg. That was the olineman getting beat immediately and Rodgers had to bail out of there.

That should not happen this year will the brick wall Joe D has put together.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We needed help @ offensive line regardless, but it's unsurprising to me that we eventually got two guys that are better run-blockers than pass-blockers, and tried to bring-in Arthur Smith.

A lot of that is Breece, but I think another big reason is the Rodgers injury.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think it will impact his ability to throw the ball too much, if at all, since it's the non plant foot. I do think it will impact his ability to move around in the pocket, at least a little bit. He still had a noticeable limp at the recent golf tournament he played. He hasn't been much of a scrambling QB the last few years but moving around in the pocket is still important to his game.

I also think he's going to be rusty to start the season. It might take a few games before he's really feeling it out there. He's going to have to learn how to play with less ability to move around in the pocket, to trust his o-line and to just trust the Achilles again.

I can totally see us leaning heavily on the run game for a few weeks as he's feeling it out. Hell, the run game may end up being a bigger part of the offense for the entire season than anyone is expecting ala Elway end of career.

I agree with all around here. I think the thumb injury will prove to be way more of a negative impact than the Achilles. Like, not even close. I do expect there to be rust, as well as some getting physically comfortable being out there again - but mostly some issues with the offense getting it together overall. I’d expect the first month of the season to be pretty sloppy whether Rodgers was impacted physically at all by the injury or not. That’s how it goes every year, for just about every team. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

We needed help @ offensive line regardless, but it's unsurprising to me that we eventually got two guys that are better run-blockers than pass-blockers, and tried to bring-in Arthur Smith.

A lot of that is Breece, but I think another big reason is the Rodgers injury.

Building the offense around Breece isn’t the worst idea. He’s coming into his third season at 23 years old. If he puts together the type of season I believe he’s capable of here -pushing 2000 yards from scrimmage and 15 or so TDs- you have to think about signing him to an extension as soon a you’re allowed. Forget not paying RBs, and consider instead the suppressed RB market as a gift to the NY Jets. You can sign Breece to a four year extension making him the highest paid RB in the history of league, and you’d be getting an incredible value as a result. And at the end of that deal, he’d still only be 29 years old. 

Given the fragile and finite nature of the team’s QB situation, building around your potential superstar RB for the next seven years or so makes a lot of sense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, slats said:

Building the offense around Breece isn’t the worst idea. He’s coming into his third season at 23 years old. If he puts together the type of season I believe he’s capable of here -pushing 2000 yards from scrimmage and 15 or so TDs- you have to think about signing him to an extension as soon a you’re allowed. Forget not paying RBs, and consider instead the suppressed RB market as a gift to the NY Jets. You can sign Breece to a four year extension making him the highest paid RB in the history of league, and you’d be getting an incredible value as a result. And at the end of that deal, he’d still only be 29 years old. 

Given the fragile and finite nature of the team’s QB situation, building around your potential superstar RB for the next seven years or so makes a lot of sense. 

Agreed. The vision executed for the offense this offseason is damn near perfect considering where we ended the season:

• Bring in veteran, reliable offensive lineman that are (+) run-blockers
  • draft a tackle high
  • sign a vet X WR
  • Say goodbye to Mekhi and Laken

Ideally, I'd love to be a team like the Bears building around a great QB prospect and have a ton of passing options - that's today's game - but that wasn't an option for us. 

Pound the rock, let Rodgers do damage on play-action and play great defense. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That was not a called bootleg. That was the olineman getting beat immediately and Rodgers had to bail out of there.

That should not happen this year will the brick wall Joe D has put together.

Ok that’s a fair answer. Better than I hoped for. 

• Haha 1

Biggest chip on his shoulder 
MVP year 
This.

People inside and outside of this team are truly sleeping on him. I am so glad he is on my team doing the "revenge tour, I'm not one yet" thing.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.