Most of the Media are Absolute Idiots

On 7/25/2024 at 1:54 PM, Smashmouth said:

So Im listening to the Aaron Rodgers press conference and all those morons seem to be interested in is Egypt . Rather than actully doing their job and reporting on actual football. They are basically trying to stir sh*t up between the coach and the player. NOT ONE question on how his achillies feels. Like.... Hey Aaron do you still feel any effects from the injury ?? Do you move any differently and are you thinking about it when you burst off that foot ? Do you still feel as quick in the pocket as you did before the injury ? Do you think this will cause some issues on subtle movements in the pocket to avoid pass rushers ?  None of that !!!  just.... Hey Aaron why did you choose to wear that shirt you bought in ******* god damn egypt ???? Hey Aaron why do you think you got fined ? was it to show youre not being favored by the staff ??? This is the sh*t we get. Morons.

YES! It's how our awesome YouTube content makers emerged, and thankfully so. The don't get enough credit for the hardwork they do. Thank you Ryan @bla bla bla, @Green Bean , Matt O'Leary, Buffalo Jet, Boy Green & Wudi, Gunny, Jets Media, @JetsNation , Let's Talk Jets, Jets Chaos, Frankie From Flatbush, Jets X Factor, Badlands, Jets Central. I apologize if I left anyone out. You guys are the absolute best! 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Adam Sandler's standup routine is the measuring stick of worthy comedians? That's like saying the Jets have generally been good at football because - despite two "championship" seasons - they were still better than the Birmingham Stallions. 

He had an effective delivery that worked for him, I guess, and he was considered edgy in his time, but his material itself wasn't funny. I remember realizing that after forcing myself through like his 3rd of a zillion HBO specials. Nobody doubles over in laughter holding their midsection watching or listening to George Carlin. He was one of those comedians everyone pretended they think was hilarious but no one actually laughs hysterically at him; more that they actually repeat his supposed prowess because he broke down some barriers. 

Not. Funny. 

The average groan-inducing dad joke is at least as funny or funnier than Carlin's very best material. 

What is the measuring stick?  

You have given examples of comedians you do not like.  At least two.  What is your standard bearer?

I am not trying to convince you to like him.  IDGAF whether you do or do not.  I am just trying to see where you are coming from.  

12 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

You have given examples of comedians you do not like.  At least two.  What is your standard bearer?

I am not trying to convince you to like him.  IDGAF whether you do or do not.  I am just trying to see where you are coming from.  

The late Judy Tenuta is the standard bearer, and Judy Tenuta > George Carlin. Carlin couldn't hold her accordion. 

• WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Nah it never happened. That's like saying you remember seeing the Loch Ness monster.

It's just that you're much older now so your memory is playing tricks on you. Not your fault, it happens to us all & gets progressively worse. 

When I was stoned the Hippy dippy weatherman definetily made me laugh.  Granted it probably wasn't funny but at the time when I was stuffing my face with fritos and melted velvetta it was hysterical.   

My long term memory is great.  I remember when Babe Peralli was a Patriot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

When I was stoned the Hippy dippy weatherman definetily made me laugh.  Granted it probably wasn't funny but at the time when I was stuffing my face with fritos and melted velvetta it was hysterical.   

My long term memory is great.  I remember when Babe Peralli was a Patriot.

Yeah one big downside of the internet is you can pull up clips of favorite shows, movies, etc. on demand, and if you're lucky then maybe 10% of them hold up. Lots of stuff we watched, frankly, just because there was nothing else on (not unlike Eddie Murphy's Ritz cracker bit). FFS they ran Silver Spoons for 5 seasons. Ditto Macguyver, The Dukes of Hazard, Webster, Fantasy Island, and a hundred other pieces of crap.

The true golden age of television is right now. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We won 7 games with Stink Wilson and guys JD signed hoping they would be even worse.  We should be able to win 10 games with even Tyrod Taylor 

Wilson will be back starting games by week 3. You called it.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Stoppit -- you never laughed. Never. 

Maybe you thought some things were mildly clever but you never deeply belly-laughed.

I've lost count of how many no-name comedians had me turning purple laughing. Carlin wasn't among them. 

I miss Sam Kinison.  He made me belly laugh. His act would never be permitted today. Oh... go ahead  and laugh Sperm

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Carlin was/is the most overrated standup comedian this side of Lenny Bruce.

Gutsy/daring for their times? Sure, absolutely. Gut-busting laughter type funny? Not even close.

The only fans more insincere are people who claim to actually like the Patriots. 

Carlin overrated ? Are Bill Burr and Anthony Jeselnik also over rated ?

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Carlin overrated ? Are Bill Burr and Anthony Jeselnik also over rated ?

Why would these funny comedians be overrated just because a totally different, unrelated person is overrated? That makes no sense.

Just to answer your question: no, they’re legitimately hilarious. However Carlin was not funny, let alone hilarious. 

People convince themselves that Carlin was funny. RJF posted that best-of level clip of him earlier, and I had to actually do a video watching version of force-feeding myself just to make it through 40-something seconds before I just had to stop because it was too bomb-level unfunny to sit through any longer. 

• More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Why would these funny comedians be overrated just because a totally different, unrelated person is overrated? That makes no sense.

Just to answer your question: no, they’re legitimately hilarious. However Carlin was not funny, let alone hilarious. 

People convince themselves that Carlin was funny. RJF posted that best-of level clip of him earlier, and I had to actually do a video watching version of force-feeding myself just to make it through 40-something seconds before I just had to stop because it was too bomb-level unfunny to sit through any longer. 

Obviously you know I was being a smart ass but all three are related since they are all comedians. 

Agree to disagree on Carlin I didnt think he was hilarious like a Bill Burr but he was funny

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

@Sperm Edwards real name being Blaine Tucker, confirmed.

Remind me to never, ever ask Sperm for recommendations on comedy.  Judy Tenuda ffs, lol.  GTFOH. 😄

That you would take as serious a late has-been who had at best 15 min of fame in the 80s, I can only conclude that you have no sense of humor. That and your attempt at a name joke that didn't land, of course.

I will be doing a seminar on funny vs. not funny next Wednesday afternoon. I'll keep a seat open for you. 

That you would take as serious a late has-been who had at best 15 min of fame in the 80s, I can only conclude that you have no sense of humor.

There isn't a word of this that isn't deeply flawed.  This really isn't your best trolljob my friend.

That and your attempt at a name joke that didn't land, of course.

Of course you don't get the reference, you've never actually watched Carlin.  Had you, you'd get it, and know it wasn't "my" name joke you think didn't land, Tucker.  

I will be doing a seminar on funny vs. not funny next Wednesday afternoon. I'll keep a seat open for you. 

You're going to have a lot of empty seats at that seminar Sperm.  

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There isn't a word of this that isn't deeply flawed.  This really isn't your best trolljob my friend.

Of course you don't get the reference, you've never actually watched Carlin.  Had you, you'd get it, and know it wasn't "my" name joke you think didn't land, Tucker.  

You're going to have a lot of empty seats at that seminar Sperm.  

1. I already had to turn people away from my seminar.

2. I watched Carlin plenty through many clips & those HBO specials. George Carlin was not funny.

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

1. I already had to turn people away from my seminar.

Funniest line you're dropped so far.

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

2. I watched Carlin plenty through many clips & those HBO specials. George Carlin was not funny.

You're simply incorrect.

Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to stupid opinions, everyone is entitled to be a moron from time to time.  Seems this time is your time.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

it would suck if everyone liked the same thing

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

RJF posted that best-of level clip of him earlier, and I had to actually do a video watching version of force-feeding myself just to make it through 40-something seconds before I just had to stop because it was too bomb-level unfunny to sit through any longer. 

You know what? It's Dr. RJF to you going forward pal. That's the level of infraction you're looking at here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Funniest line you're dropped so far.

You're simply incorrect.

Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to stupid opinions, everyone is entitled top be a moron from time to time.  Seems this time is your time.

You've responded & down-voted a bunch of my posts here. 

My question to you is one you've asked of plenty others: what do you care if I don't join the sheep who insist he's funny?

He was not funny. He was edgy at a time where it was easy to go way over the line, and there weren't many who did that way back when. In terms of his material? Not. Funny. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

You know what? It's Dr. RJF to you going forward pal. That's the level of infraction you're looking at here.

Know what was funny, Doc?

I'm sure I could find it if I had the inclination, but many years ago you made some commentary on a bunch of hippies in the forest crying as they apologized to all the trees -- recorded on video, on purpose, lol.

I'm still waiting for your as-funny sequel, but Hot Tub Time Machine 2 didn't rob the original of all its legitimate charm either.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

it would suck if everyone liked the same thing

I suppose that's true.

On the other hand it would be better still if everyone specifically liked the things I like, and similarly opposite for my dislikes. The demand for all things wonderful and funny and good would be higher; we'd get more of it as a result; and society would be immensely improved on balance. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You've responded & down-voted a bunch of my posts here. 

My question to you is one you've asked of plenty others: what do you care if I don't join the sheep who insist he's funny?

My caring, such that it is, only extends to mocking your poor taste in my replies, and expressing my disagreement with your posts via the JN-provided rep function.

We all get neg-reps for our takes from time to time.  I've taken plenty for my belief that Joe Namath was not an all-time great QB.  The 2 or 3 negs I gave you surely don't offset the literal hundreds of plus-reps I've given you.  You're still way ahead.

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He was not funny. He was edgy at a time where it was easy to go way over the line, and there weren't many who did that way back when. In terms of his material? Not. Funny. 

He may not have been funny to you, and your Judy Tenuda-loving poor taste in comedy.  But to the rest of the comedy world, he is widely, and rightfully, held as a HOF-level comedian.  An all-time great.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My caring, such that it is, only extends to mocking your poor taste in my replies, and expressing my disagreement with your posts via the JN-provided rep function.

We all get neg-reps for our takes from time to time.  I've taken plenty for my belief that Joe Namath was not an all-time great QB.  The 2 or 3 negs I gave you surely don't offset the literal hundreds of plus-reps I've given you.  You're still way ahead.

He may not have been funny to you, and your Judy Tenuda-loving poor taste in comedy.  But to the rest of the commedy world, he is widely, and rightfully, held as a HOF-level comedian.  An all-time great.  

He is not funny, and he was not funny.

Incidentally, disagreeing with me can be funny at times, but it has to be done just right. I'll let you know when you do it correctly. 

On 7/29/2024 at 3:22 PM, PFSIKH said:

A measuring stick is a tool with a straight edge and markings at regular intervals that's used for measuring lengths. But that's not important now.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He is not funny, and he was not funny.

I presume you believe that repeating this will somehow make it more true.

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Incidentally, disagreeing with me can be funny at times, but it has to be done just right. I'll let you know when you do it correctly. 

No need.  Thanks tho.