Training Camp Updates - Friday Aug 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d be right there with you if not for the fact that every other center has snapped the ball just fine.  Additionally, the Jets brought in a very highly regarded OL as a lead assistant this year.  It’s not Keith Carter.  It’s Tippmann.

What percentage of snaps are the other centers really getting? And if it is Tippman and it’s a continuing issue, it’s Carter’s issue to fix and what has Carter fixed here? 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Ashtyn Davis just forced a fumble on red zone against Conklin.#Jets

— Nick Faria (@Nick_Faria1720) August 2, 2024

this guy is a play maker. I hope he sees the field more this year.

This is somewhat notable because Conklin is known for NOT fumbling, he always plays with exceptional ball handling & ball security.

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Funny how during actual teams 11 on 11s, Rodgers is firing TDs to Garrett Wilson all over the place.  I wonder how that ball is getting into Rodger's hands.

Perhaps he is under center and not in shotgun...........

• Upvote 2

Jarrick Bernard-Converse deserves the full name callout after that one: A 1v1 beauty of a PD by JBC (there’s the short name) in the corner of the end zone against Garrett Wilson and Aaron Rodgers. All positioning and technique, right hand contact, left hand locate, great feel with the head-turn timing, etc. 

Later, AR finds GW for the score (Codrington the nearest man). #Jets

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

We have a former center in Nick Mangold who is ready willing and able to come in and help with camp. What would it hurt to have him come in and help Tippman get over this issue.

That would be awesome if Mangold would be willing to do it.

Couldn't think of a better guy to coach him up.

Of course, I don't know how Saleh & K. Carter would feel about that.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Funny how during actual teams 11 on 11s, Rodgers is firing TDs to Garrett Wilson all over the place.  I wonder how that ball is getting into Rodger's hands.

why is that funny? that's what NFL centers are supposed to do, every play.

it's only going to take 1 errant snap to ruin a game, or the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do you think he forgot how to snap or

Players go through slumps 

I don’t think the OL coach told Tippman and only Tippman to occasionally snap the ball wrong 

you’re better than this 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

#Jets RZ with Aaron Rodgers back in there. Garrett scores with plenty of room around him. Caught around 3-5 YL and darts in there. Have no idea how he found himself so wide open. I mean, there are few RZ-specific coverages in football, so there’s that, but we’d need replay to know. (It would have required the OL to hold up a bit longer than usual, however.) 

Later, AR finds Breece on a secondary read near sideline (not in EZ). One of those plays where everything was outstanding (great route, great coverage by Quincy, great pass as a last-ditch effort to salvage, and great tackle to stop him short of pylon). 

Then, AR showcases his impeccable timing, as he throws Conklin open right on the goal line about five yards in from the pylon. Again, solid coverage, but when the timing and trust is there—in your receiver and his route—it’s indefensible.

Can’t wait for the QB to be throwing guys open all year so we don’t have to listen to “nO oNE’s OpEn!!!!” like the last 3 years.

• Upvote 2