Malik Nabers is the greatest WR of all time

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

In just a few months, nabers is already hurt, already throwing his qb/coaches under the bus and has been seen throwing his money around the strip club looking like an immature thug.

Oh man are we disappointed.

Loop Flop GIF by Jason Clarke

12 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I was a pro Bowers guy and too was confused by the Olu pick but curious, who you would have taken...there was a 13 player gap between Odunze and the next WR taken...would you have selected one of the other 1st round WR's?

I liked Bowers also but obviously JD didn’t. We tried to move up but couldn’t so then it was either our guy or Olu.
It’s not what I would’ve done, but I get the reasoning, and I’m okay with it
This thread is dumb though, so I’m giving it the respect it deserves.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I mean, one could argue the entire regime quit on the team when they did nothing about replacing Aaron Rodgers and allowed Zach Wilson to sabotage another season.

You can argue whatever you want.   No one expected Rodgers to be done after 4 plays.  When it happened they hoped Zac would step up but he couldn't, especially after the injuries to the Oline.   At least they got clarity on his future.  
The only player or coach that quit was Lazard

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

You can argue whatever you want.   No one expected Rodgers to be done after 4 plays.  When it happened they hoped Zac would step up but he couldn't, especially after the injuries to the Oline.   At least they got clarity on his future.  
The only player or coach that quit was Lazard

Do you think Zach quit also?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

In just a few months, nabers is already hurt, already throwing his qb/coaches under the bus and has been seen throwing his money around the strip club looking like an immature thug.

Oh man are we disappointed.

OBJ was also an incredible WR at one point until his issues caught up with him.  Nabers is also from LSU and I'm pretty sure I remember reading he had some issues as well.  We'll see how things work out but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go smoothly.

Then again, we'll see how things work out for the Jets when it comes time to re-sign our great draft picks from a couple of years ago.

11 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

That's fair. He definitely quit but that also helped the team 😅

He was so lost out there I don’t think we’ll ever know, but I’d really like to think he didn’t. 
I’m not saying that because I was a fan of his, because I wasn’t. I just hope that’s not what happened.

And yeah, you’re right. Finally getting him out of there/here was the best thing for the team.

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-41fd-d241-a7dd-fbfd97d50000

Giants WR Malik Nabers was seen limping after practice with an apparent foot/ankle injury.

We don’t know much about this one yet, but Nabers reportedly removed his left cleat after a play in the final team period practice for the day and was “clearly in discomfort,” per Giants beat writer Art Stapleton. The Athletic’s Dan Duggan said Nabers “was using a band to flex his left ankle/foot” after practice. We’ll likely know more about Nabers’ injury in short order and will report back with any updates. For now, this is one worth monitoring as the star receiver enters his rookie year with high expectations.
Injury
5h ago
Source: Art Stapleton

13 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-41fd-d241-a7dd-fbfd97d50000

Giants WR Malik Nabers was seen limping after practice with an apparent foot/ankle injury.

We don’t know much about this one yet, but Nabers reportedly removed his left cleat after a play in the final team period practice for the day and was “clearly in discomfort,” per Giants beat writer Art Stapleton. The Athletic’s Dan Duggan said Nabers “was using a band to flex his left ankle/foot” after practice. We’ll likely know more about Nabers’ injury in short order and will report back with any updates. For now, this is one worth monitoring as the star receiver enters his rookie year with high expectations.
Injury
5h ago
Source: Art Stapleton

You guys…. 🙄

Get over him. You’re embarrassing yourselves.

BTW Minor ankle sprain as per the NYG and the NFL Network hours ago.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

We werent talking about preseason games.  He was referring to winning “ meaningless games” at the end of the regular season that cost us draft slots.

Ok gotcha. I was depressed for weeks after winning that rams game in 20 losing out on Lawrence 

• Upvote 1

Giants HC Brian Daboll said Malik Nabers is “sore” and considered day-to-day with an ankle injury.

Nabers is still being evaluated and won’t practice with the team on Monday. Daboll said the team does not believe Nabers suffered a fractured ankle, giving the impression that the team expects him to return in short order once he feels well enough to return. Nabers got tangled up with a player toward the end of Sunday’s practice and was seen having his left foot/ankle evaluated by trainers after the play. The rookie receiver has been shining in camp and is expected to monopolize targets in a Giants offense that is short on receiver talent behind him.

Injury

55m ago

Source: NFL.com

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-4791-d241-a7dd-ff9135c90000

Why wouldn't the Giants have Nabers undergo an MRI or X-Rays?

He's their top-10 draft pick, you think they would be a little more cautious with him.

Seems a little reckless to me.

5 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Giants HC Brian Daboll said Malik Nabers is “sore” and considered day-to-day with an ankle injury.

Nabers is still being evaluated and won’t practice with the team on Monday. Daboll said the team does not believe Nabers suffered a fractured ankle, giving the impression that the team expects him to return in short order once he feels well enough to return. Nabers got tangled up with a player toward the end of Sunday’s practice and was seen having his left foot/ankle evaluated by trainers after the play. The rookie receiver has been shining in camp and is expected to monopolize targets in a Giants offense that is short on receiver talent behind him.

Injury

55m ago

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-4791-d241-a7dd-ff9135c90000

strange right - you would think they know fracture very quickly with an xray - just feels awkward that he would say it that way.

prob fine - just strange choice of words 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

strange right - you would think they know fracture very quickly with an xray - just feels awkward that he would say it that way.

Completely agree.

11 hours ago, Trotter said:

There are some small bones in hands and feet that don’t show up immediately as a fracture in X-ray images or CT scan 

On 8/12/2024 at 2:11 PM, ARodJetsFan said:

Injury

55m ago

He's their top-10 draft pick, you think they would be a little more cautious with him.

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2024 at 9:19 AM, JiFtheOracle said:

Looks like the greatest WR of all time got lost in the Sauce yesterday, huh?

In addition to getting lost in the sauce, Nabers is a bitch.  Clearly never been a fight, homeboy would have knocked him out cold w/out the helmets.

3 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

In addition to getting lost in the sauce, Nabers is a bitch.  Clearly never been a fight, homeboy would have knocked him out cold w/out the helmets.

That right coming in likely hits the button and could be lights out.