Robert Saleh = Awful Coach

San Fran ran heavy (2 TE's or 1 TE and FB) 42 plays and the Jets countered with a light defensive front and brought up a safety to play LB. SF forced the Jets DB to tackle and outside of Clark they suck at it.

Saleh and Ulbrich never adjusted. Didn't play big and load the box. And at halftime, down 16-7 they still didn't adjust.

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I find the disrespect towards Shanahan is mind numbing.

He is a premiere HC in the NFL. SF is better than the Jets. It's not like they lost to NE.

Shanahan is a better coach than Saleh.

I loathe that team with a fiery passion but could not agree more. He’s a great coach and they’re a great team. I’m gonna go puke now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I guess.  Though I'm more interested in what was said.

Take a look at the threads, and who posters believe is at fault. JD, Saleh, OL, DL, Rodgers etc. Not one about Kyle out-coaching Robert, At least I didn't see it.

Kyle is the best coach in football right now. And if I was building a franchise from scratch, he would be my first call.

Sometimes, you tip your cap and move one. He ran 12 and 11 w/fullback against a nickel D.

13 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Take a look at the threads, and who posters believe is at fault. JD, Saleh, OL, DL, Rodgers etc. Not one about Kyle out-coaching Robert, At least I didn't see it.

Kyle is the best coach in football right now. And if I was building a franchise from scratch, he would be my first call.

Sometimes, you tip your cap and move one. He ran 12 and 11 w/fullback against a nickel D.

You're being a bit dramatic.  I don't think there's anyone on here who disagrees that Shanny completely dominated Saleh in the coaching match-up.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

You can put Corley on the jets and he’ll do nothing, but you can put him on SF or KC and he’ll look good.

This is baseless conjecture, as has been the case for years about many other failed players attempted to be blamed solely on the coaches. We heard the same about Mims and he's instead out of the league, just as one of many examples. Plenty of players out there have completely failed with even the greatest of teams/coaches.

The issues continue to start on an even higher level with this team, and there's currently no evidence to the contrary.

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Elite rosters win games. This team hasn’t done that for years.

Meanwhile a lot of people here are going with Rodgers and the roster are still elite, but everything that’s wrong is Saleh’s fault.

Man, you guys sure do love you some Joe Douglas.

The Jets played a light defense/6 in the box against 12 and 11 w/fullback all night. That's a scheme problem. Play an 8 man box and put Sauce and Reed on an island with a single high Safety.

Because you know what, Levis sucks and Callahan will want to run the ball and if he doesn't this team will be in for a long night.

Make Levis beat you. Hell make every crappy QB beat you, especially if you have Sauce and Reed.

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2024 at 12:02 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Jeff Ulbrich was the issue today.  Its his defense.  Our D was awful today.  Thats our D coordinators fault.

you don't think he relies on saleh about defense advice?  this is on saleh.  he should've known how shanahan was going to approach this game.  and if he did and didn't tell ulbrich then he's doubly wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think most people are surprised we lost.  It was the way we lost that is concerning.  The Jets should be talented enough to at least compete against them.

They were out coached. You see you are discrediting Kyle right now. You think it is something else. 

• WTF? 1

This isn't the only time Saleh's run D has been trampled.

The Colts game in prime time when MFW got injured.

Jonathan Taylor ran all over them.  And that was with DTs and DEs who could theoretically anchor.

Under this HC, the Jets just consistently do not show up for these prime time games.  More often than not, they get their doors blown off or are otherwise just flat-out embarrassed (vs Jags in the rain).

• Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

It is honestly disrespectful for Saleh to have the same title as coachs like Shanahan and Reid. The latter are Fruit Loops while our “head coach” is the generic, “Fruit Rounds.” 

He runs some good stairs though. 

They're food!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2024 at 7:51 AM, Integrity28 said:

The year of Rodgers was wasted the very minute they drafted a backup swing tackle over a guy who can score TDs. 

Like, the plan to fix the O was to sign an old WR coming off an injury and bring in 2 old OTs that forces the need to have a 3rd starting caliber OT on the roster.

Dumb as it gets.

Youre not referring to Brock Bowers are you 

On 9/10/2024 at 11:35 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The NFL might be regretting their decision to go all in on the Jets already with all the prime time games.

What they failed to grasp is how pisspoor Robert Saleh is as a head coach.

Man stop... the NFL wants nothing more than to see the Jets crash and burn and be ridiculed in prime time. Explain the 3 games in 10 days, starting in SF, not even home til week 3 with zero turnaround time. They're hoping to see Rodgers fail bc they don't like that he thinks and speaks for himself. 

On 9/10/2024 at 9:46 AM, Bleedin Green said:

That's the same narrative that's been repeated around here for a few years now and still yet to be proven true. The defense is an inarguably worse roster and the offense once again heavily dependent on other teams' past-their-prime castoffs having a sudden career resurgence.

At this point it's all identical to the Maccagnan / Bowles situation in 2018.

Their best players are on rookie deals outside of Aaron

this is nothing like Mac

11 hours ago, Claymation said:

This entire thread is about Bobby Boy being out coached mate 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

[mention=27657]TuscanyTile2[/mention]
Saleh called Bill Callahan "one of the greatest OL coaches this league has ever seen"
He's already laying the groundwork for excuse-making if they lose
He's not wrong though ... And neither are you .. his fing job is to figure it out ... Period

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk