Over Reaction City

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The Defense (which is supposed to be the strength of this team) was flat.

The run defense was awful, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and their sh!tty tackling made the 49er's back-up RB look like John Riggins.

Our pass rush sucked - either the 49er's O-Line is really good (PFF said they weren't & had the 49er's O-line ranked 22nd in the NFL and had our O-line ranked 5th in the NFL, hence why I don't take PFF rankings very seriously) or we have no pass-rush whatsoever.

Offensive line did alright pass-blocking, but they got no movement at all when run-blocking and didn't give Hall any real holes to hit, which is a big reason why he struggled.

Breece Hall under-performed, that fumble was inexcusable - keep 2 hands on the friggin' ball for Christ's sake & maybe it's just me, but Hall looked a step slow tonight, I didn't see that burst out of him, that he normally has.

I feel like Braelon Allen should have come into the game sooner, instead of waiting 'til garbage time.

The INT Rodgers threw was off a deflection, so I don't really view that as his fault per say.

Rodgers looked serviceable, not great but not terrible either, he still has plenty of zip on the ball and can make all the throws. He took a couple of hits & survived, which is a positive.

Garret Wilson - looked good for the most part, but I don't know how he couldn't get 2 feet down on the last drive that Rodgers stayed in for - he has to be more aware of where he is on the field and where the sideline is.

I have to say despite that one drive-killing drop, Lazard redeemed himself nicely, with 2 receiving TDs. There may be hope for him yet.

Mike Williams was a on a very limited snap count and when he was in the game he was never targeted, I didn't see a single ball thrown his way.

Aaron Rodgers didn't get hurt, nor did any O-line starters. I did see MC-II leave the game - hopefully his injury isn't anything serious.

I view the things in bold as the main reasons we got b!tch-slapped tonight.

One large helping of humble pie has been served, let's see how this team responds on a short week.

They got beat by their offensive line in their building mostly... The Jets run game was getting close to breaking one they just didn't have the ball long enough... 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

It is only 1 game and it was against a great team.

But do we have a positive we can say from this game besides Rodgers stayed healthy?

I can’t think of 1 good thing we did besides that.

We had the passing game going with GW. But kept interrupting that but trying to force Breece the ball. Which wasn’t working. And our defense was staying in the field not stopping anything to where we couldn’t get anything positive going on offense.

• Upvote 1

It is not 

they were not at full strength and destroyed us and they left tons of points in the board

this was a reality check to the insane people that thought we have a top 5 roster and to Joe fanboys who think results don’t matter and overhype the talent to absurd levels based on names on a paper 

we have a terrible coach and he is joes guy

It is going to be another long season 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 2

Just now, Bobby816 said:

It is only 1 game and it was against a great team.

But do we have a positive we can say from this game besides Rodgers stayed healthy?

I can’t think of 1 good thing we did besides that.

We had the passing game going with GW. But kept interrupting that but trying to force Breece the ball. Which wasn’t working. And our defense was staying in the field not stopping anything to where we couldn’t get anything positive going on offense.

It was to wear down the defense line... It was starting to crack... They just ran out of time... 

The defense gave up a lot of 50 yard fgs... Not tds.. 

We'll see but come playoff time, I suspect a much better team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

It is not 

they were not at full strength and destroyed us and they left tons of points in the board

this was a reality check to the insane people that thought we have a top 5 roster and to Joe fanboys who think results don’t matter and overhype the talent to absurd levels based on names on a paper 

we have a terrible coach and he is joes guy

It is going to be another long season 

It is and up you are crazy to think this is not a top tier team... They got beat on the line against a team that is built to beat this defense... 

It's one game

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Week 1 Overreactions are basically an institution around the NFL.  They happen ever year and nobody ever learns.   Not shocked at all to see so many whiny babies crying about the game and acting like this indicates anything about the season.  If you know the NFL, you know, that week 1 means absolutely nothing and you can take absolutely nothing away from any teams performance.

The Jets were always losing this game, they have Will Levis, Jacoby Brissett, Bo Nix and Sam Darnold up next.

4-1 here we come!

its really not an overreaction to say the team looked sh*tty last night. especially the defense. losing to that team is one thing, but they weren't even competitive. and if the jets are supposed to be a contender then you can't look like you are being totally outclassed and completely overmatched. thats not a great sign. yes we have a slate of much easier looking games coming up. if this team is who they need to be they should win every one of them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When we have their success maybe then we can rest guys and not take practice seriously. Purdy did play in preseason though

Meh, everyone claimed it's the hardest camp they've had but I agree, the lack of all teams playing preseason has led to sloppy sloppy play across the board,  Definitely not exclusive to the Jets.  It's not a big deal though, Jets started 1-0 last year and it's almost like the 49ers are the best team in the NFL and the Jets were never winning the game anyway. 

They'll be fine. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

its really not an overreaction to say the team looked sh*tty last night. especially the defense. losing to that team is one thing, but they weren't even competitive. and if the jets are supposed to be a contender then you can't look like you are being totally outclassed and completely overmatched. thats not a great sign. yes we have a slate of much easier looking games coming up. if this team is who they need to be they should win every one of them. 

Oh it's totally an overreaction.  They lost a game to a better team in a tough spot.  It happens in the NFL every week.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It is and up you are crazy to think this is not a top tier team... They got beat on the line against a team that is built to beat this defense... 

It's one game

Yes it is one game and there are other games 

the following teams are better and have better rosters 

texans not even close 

niners  not even close 

chiefs not even close

cowboys - we have a better rb though

eagles not even close

ravens 

lions 

bills but not by a ton 

packers if love comes back

Dolphins - slight edge - they are more complete on offense 

Rams if pula comes back

This is sadly what I believe the reality is and I hope I am wrong 

all of those teams have better coaches too except maybe the Eagles 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is supposed to be our "big season".  We weren't even competitive.  And they were missing their star RB, no less. 

Agreed... They were dominated by SF OL and the run game... So they looked even worse because they gave SF long drives and they made no mistakes... Jets made to of mistakes with fumbles and drops and a lucky INT. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BP said:

The voice of reason has butterflies floating out of his ass in la la land over the Jets. And ANY NEGATIVITY is FROWNED upon. 

The Jets were awful= they were outclassed lmao are you ******* kidding me? 

Voice of Reason brings everything back to the mean... No over reaction either way... 

Jets weren't awful... They couldn't stop the run... That's it... The rest was self inflicted 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Week 1 Overreactions are basically an institution around the NFL.  They happen ever year and nobody ever learns.   Not shocked at all to see so many whiny babies crying about the game and acting like this indicates anything about the season.  If you know the NFL, you know, that week 1 means absolutely nothing and you can take absolutely nothing away from any teams performance.

The Jets were always losing this game, they have Will Levis, Jacoby Brissett, Bo Nix and Sam Darnold up next.

4-1 here we come!

Week 1 under reaction is a staple for Jets fans.  Seen it for decades.   The Jets were always losing SB 3.  The Jets were always losing to the Pats in their building in the playoffs under Rex, NE was always losing to the Bengals on the road.

The 49ers will lose games this year to teams that aren’t as good as them.  It won’t be the Jets.

• WTF? 1

34 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It was to wear down the defense line... It was starting to crack... They just ran out of time... 

The defense gave up a lot of 50 yard fgs... Not tds.. 

We'll see but come playoff time, I suspect a much better team. 

I get what you're saying but when you're down by 16 after the 1st drive of the 2nd half. You need to score... not establish the run. And we did pass more in the 2nd half to play catch up.

But GW was working and we just stopped using him to force the run in the 1st half. Make them stop him before you do that. He was making plays and Breece was out there fumbling the ball.

• Sympathy 1