Rodgers Contract

Can someone remind me, is Rodgers under contract for next season 25/26?

I have looked at four mock drafts and 3/4 had us going QB, I hope we can resign Rodgers but I think we need to replace the HC asap if anything, Ben Johnson OR Bellichick but the latter would never come to the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Signed through next season with enormous cap hits if he leaves at any point.

image.png

It should be obvious to everyone but 2026 is going to be a major teardown year regardless of what happens.  Pretty much what the Bills did this past offseason.  

• Upvote 1

What we saw yesterday was little mobility from Rodgers (he can still throw the ball really well). And good mobility from SF Qb who of course is a lot younger and not off of ACL surgery. And having a QB who can take yardage on the field is a key part of the NFL game in 2024. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Rodgers more or less said he’s done after the year if it goes badly

He said we’re all gonna be outta here referring to Him JD and Saleh….which is true. If we do make the playoffs he’ll prob comeback for the farewell tour in ‘25 

What we saw yesterday was little mobility from Rodgers (he can still throw the ball really well). And good mobility from SF Qb who of course is a lot younger and not off of ACL surgery. And having a QB who can take yardage on the field is a key part of the NFL game in 2024. 

Meh ... The yardage off the field thing isn't wrong, but it is flavor of the month.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The thing you kind of expected with Rodgers is a leader who can change things around when things aren't working out. We saw the offense based around establishing a running game basically not working and no real changes in play calling or execution. I think we'll win on Sunday vs Tenn but it's a super important game. And a lot is expected of Rodgers. 

The contract is set up for Rodgers to retire in 2026.  Cap hit would be split.  He can do the same in 2025, but the cap hit will be greater.  

He actually looks great and fit for his age.  

I think the Johnsons are planning on tearing the thing down after this year.  People don’t pay attention to the stupid contract they gave Tyrod Taylor.  He is signed for 2025, for too much money.  He is the 2025 bridge QB.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1