McDonald Impressive With Game On The Line ...

KRL

3 hours ago, KRL said:

The most impressive thing to me was that he talked after the game, and he simply said to himself whilelining up "If I win this one-and-one, we win the game." That to me is the most valuable thing: the awarenessm and furthermore the confidence in himself to perform at the highest level when needed. I really hope he rises up to the challenge of this season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

The most impressive thing to me was that he talked after the game, and he simply said to himself whilelining up "If I win this one-and-one, we win the game." That to me is the most valuable thing: the awarenessm and furthermore the confidence in himself to perform at the highest level when needed. I really hope he rises up to the challenge of this season. 

What he said after the game was more impressive than what he did during the game?

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm still not sure where three sacks where.   Really I only see one.

Was one where he got thrown to the ground and the QB tripped over him one? 

Pretty sure if you are the last thing a QB touches before hitting the ground behind LOS it’s a sack. Even if he trips over your face I guess. Haha 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I have supported the McDonald pick from day 1.  Lawson and Huff were on the last year of their respective contracts.  It is NEVER a bad idea to draft a premium position in Round 1 regardless of the current state of the position (much like the Fashanu pick in 2024).

It all comes down to the performance of the individual player.  McDonald has shown plenty of flashes in his time with the Jets.  If he can continue to make impact plays and stack games where he is a difference maker, this will go down as a great pick.

You take a player like McDonald so you have the flexibility to move on from players like Huff and Lawson.

This is a perfect opportunity for a few posters who jump onto every negative thread proclaiming how much they wish things were better to come out and acknowledge this.  JD was slaughtered by some for supposedly missing on Broderick Jones and then drafting McDonald. 

Looking back, it worked out better than even the most optimistic fan could have hoped.  Jones was benched last week for 3 penalties.  McDonald had 3 sacks.  If those posters meant what they said, this is the perfect time to tip your cap.  Doesn't mean you have to wear JD's jersey, but he did good on this turn of events.  Add in the solid play of Echols and Sherwood and it was a good day for the Jets, Will McDonald, and JD.

On 9/17/2024 at 8:24 PM, The Crusher said:

Pretty sure if you are the last thing a QB touches before hitting the ground behind LOS it’s a sack. Even if he trips over your face I guess. Haha 

I just hope I'm never the last thing Deshaun Watson touches, behind the LOS or anywhere else.

• Haha 1