“The coaches are exhausted”- Robert Saleh

Their first game was Sep 9th.  The third game, which is today is the 19th.  3 games, 10 days.

Teams that are Sunday Sunday Sunday playing their 3rd game this weekend would be 3 games in 14 days.  40% more rest days. 

I can't imagine why they would feel a bit exhausted.

6 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Their first game was Sep 9th.  The third game, which is today is the 19th.  3 games, 10 days.

Teams that are Sunday Sunday Sunday playing their 3rd game this weekend would be 3 games in 14 days.  40% more rest days. 

They're allowed to feel it, just no need to vocalize it.

Look, the Pats are Sunday, Sunday playing their third game 3 games in 11 days and they're on the road.

Frankly, most every team that plays Thursday nights are on three games 11 days.

It sucks for the Jets (they got kinda screwed here) and It's really not a big deal that he said it, but it's not something I would like to have heard from our HC, on supposedly championship caliber team, before week 3 of an 18 game season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

How do you think these finance and white shoe associates work 90 hour weeks. Of course they’re tired, it’s just no one cares. And they make a fraction of what Saleh makes to watch film and play golf. 

Football is getting in the way of what he really wants to do....    he doesn't look like he preps the team very well anyway   

• WTF? 1

But they get a mini bye after they take care of business.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I never understand the whole "3 games in 11 days" argument.  the Pats are about to have their 3rd game in 12 days!  does that ONE day make such a difference?  Everyone who has a Thursday night game, has 3 games in 12 days.....

You beat me to the punch.  EXACTLY!  Sunday then Sunday then Thursday is 3 games in 12 days.  Our first game was Monday instead of Sunday.  Does the 1 extra day make that big of a deal?  Let's keep in mind that it's early in the season too so our guys should be a lot fresher, and able to handle this.

Also, I can't remember any HC whine about this ever before.  Vocalizing that sort of thing absolutely is lowering expectations and setting up an excuse.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Nobody’s outraged. It’s Saleh being Saleh. There’s always something that’s getting in the way of his personal comfort. The combine for example.

Being forced to go the combine is part of why he's tired right now.  He didn't get the extra golf/relaxation in.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alka said:

And after this game, the Jets have 10 days off in a row.  To me, I don't want to hear about it, and I don't care about their exhaustion.  Robert Saleh and his coaches have the privilege of coaching in this league for lots of money, especially Saleh.  Suck it up, and get it done.  I don't care!!!

THIS!

8 hours ago, C Mart said:

You think they are working 8-9 hrs a day the past 11 days?  Think again 

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5238599/2024/01/31/jets-aaron-rodgers-robert-saleh-season-collapse/

Long before a litany of injuries along the offensive line (the Jets used 13 different starting combinations in 17 games), New York’s talented defensive line consistently outplayed them in practice. Growing pains were expected in a new offense full of new personnel, but one coach said it was concerning how little urgency Hackett and his staff showed in trying to fix it, saying he’d never seen a team watch less practice tape in training camp than the Jets did with Hackett.

Hackett struggled to adjust the offense to the team’s new reality. Multiple coaches and players described Hackett as lacking in attention to detail. For most of the season, Hackett would meet with offensive line coach/running game coordinator Keith Carter and passing game coordinator Todd Downing during the week but wouldn’t get together with the rest of the offensive staff until the “last minute” of game prep.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Tackles can deliver force on the body similar to a medium-speed car wreck. Darn right an extra day to heal up matters.

Fair.  Otoh, we're at home tonight.  Also, this is the start of the season so the team should, in theory, be fresher than if this was midseason.  Also, Saleh knew the schedule.  Isn't is his freaking job to get the team prepared for this?!  And nobody wants to hear about the coaches being tired.  I can't ever remember Adam Gase complain about being tired and he really worked himself to exhaustion.

9 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

lmfao - I'd love for you to have 3 games in 11 days and share w/ everyone how you're feeling after preparing for all of that.

kudos to Saleh for saying this, it's a shot at the league for being ******* stupid.

Once ran 4 fires in one night. I was DONE for a damn week... lol

5 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Pep Guardiola (Man City coach), who's probably the best soccer coach in the world, has made much the same comments while pointing a finger directly at the various leagues who are adding more and more games to the schedule with absolutely no thought about the impact on the players. When Pep does it, it's refreshing and honest. When Saleh does it, he's making excuses and should shut up. Personally, I think it needs to be said. The scheduling is getting crazy and it's not being done in an equitable way. The worst issue is the increased vulnerability to serious injuries. 

I don't follow futbol but when did this coach say that?  During the season when his team had a game?  Or was it in the offseason when there are things the rules committee can do about it?

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Is he wrong. Schedulers really screwed us early this season as well as no bye week after our Germany game here in a couple weeks.

This is his way without "making an excuse" to let the league know. That they screwed us. Which he's 100 correct on.

3 games in 11 days and just 2 weeks later a game in Germany with a game the following week. I guess they did us a "favor" by giving us MNF for that next week. Not like a day extra after that travel helps much. On top of that... it's against BUF after that Germany week. So a huge game for us.

This is his way without "making an excuse" to let the league know. That they screwed us. Which he's 100 correct on.

The time to vocalize this is in the offseason and only say it through back channels to the league.  To say it now is very obviously to give yourself an excuse, should you lose.  Saleh knows his seat is red hot and a loss at home to New England would be a horrible look.  Saleh is a HC looking for an excuse.  Always an excuse.  ALWAYS!

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Pac had to start 3 game threads in 11 days.  Sure he only started 2 of them but the 2nd one was started a day early!  And not one complaint has been heard out of him!

I only started 2.  Someone else started the one against SF where we got smashed.

Coincidence?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bronx said:

Thank you, Perry Mason. As professional trolls, we have the resources available through cyberspace. Some of us are retired and love to attract the attention from emancipated, butthurt fans that take everything serious. 

I recommend some of you to start making your significant other happy, you spend too much time sagging behind a chair with pom poms and brown paper bag for masquerading purposes. 

This is how you’re spending your retirement?  And you’re giving advice to others? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fair.  Otoh, we're at home tonight.  Also, this is the start of the season so the team should, in theory, be fresher than if this was midseason.  Also, Saleh knew the schedule.  Isn't is his freaking job to get the team prepared for this?!  And nobody wants to hear about the coaches being tired.  I can't ever remember Adam Gase complain about being tired and he really worked himself to exhaustion.

Runners train for marathons but are still tired when they run.