If Denver loses this week and falls to 0-3

And then fall to 0-4 against the Jets, Joe D. should call and ask them to leave JFM behind and direct him to the Jets locker room in exchange for a day 3 pick.  They'll be out of it and his cap hit is negligible for the Broncos.

Based on the statement they released after the JFM trade it was clear as day that they had no interest in moving him but had to to fit Reddick under the cap.

Now that Denver re-worked his deal to a more manageable number and Reddick is a no-show, I think Joe D. would be crazy not to call and ask.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, AFJF said:

And then fall to 0-4 against the Jets, Joe D. should call and ask them to leave JFM behind and direct him to the Jets locker room in exchange for a day 3 pick.  They'll be out of it and his cap hit is negligible for the Broncos.

Based on the statement they released after the JFM trade it was clear as day that they had no interest in moving him but had to to fit Reddick under the cap.

Now that Denver re-worked his deal to a more manageable number and Reddick is a no-show, I think Joe D. would be crazy not to call and ask.

While I agree with calling and asking, and would have no problems with JFM coming back, JD would get killed in the media and by posters on this and other Jets fan sites for trading him and not simply re-negotiating his contract to begin with, and they'd have a point.

Just now, JKlecko said:

While I agree with calling and asking, and would have no problems with JFM coming back, JD would get killed in the media and by posters on this and other Jets fan sites for trading him and not simply re-negotiating his contract to begin with, and they'd have a point.

His job is to win.  If he doesn't improve the team because people will say mean things about him then that's an issue.

And the biggest misstep in the Reddick situation IMO was giving Haason way too much credit for not being willing to make one of the dumbest decisions in human history.  He's literally going to cost himself millions of dollars that he will never get back all in the name of...getting more money?

I have no issue with Joe D. saying "We had no idea how dumb that guy is so we gotta' double back and add a guy we didn't want to get rid of in the first place".

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Not with JJ out the year

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

JFM sucks.  Theres a reasons hes no longer here.

There are two reasons.

1) The salary cap.

2) Haason Reddick.

Denver re-worked his deal and Reddick is sitting at home setting money on fire to keep himself warm.  Both issues fixed.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, AFJF said:

We are carrying a $9 mil dead cap hit for him already. If he gets traded back, how much is his cap charge? 

Also, how much cap space do we need to keep free in the event Regreddit decides to show up? Does that number get lowered each time he misses a game?

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

His job is to win.  If he doesn't improve the team because people will say mean things about him then that's an issue.

And the biggest misstep in the Reddick situation IMO was giving Haason way too much credit for not being willing to make one of the dumbest decisions in human history.  He's literally going to cost himself millions of dollars that he will never get back all in the name of...getting more money?

I have no issue with Joe D. saying "We had no idea how dumb that guy is so we gotta' double back and add a guy we didn't want to get rid of in the first place".

I wasn't saying that JD shouldn't do that because of mean things that people might say, nor was I saying that he wouldn't, only that he'd take a beating for doing it, but I agree that it would be a good move.

Would Payton want to send him back to the Jets is another question.

53 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Do they have any guards they can throw into this trade so we can replace AVT after his upcoming injury?

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Or, just hear me out, we pay Reddick.

Yall need to stop invoking your feelings. It’s a business. The right business decision is to get him in the field. You cannot support an “all in” strategy while simultaneously not wanting the best possible players in the fold the next few years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

here's looking for Denver to be 0-4. 👏👏👏

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Or, just hear me out, we pay Reddick.

Yall need to stop invoking your feelings. It’s a business. The right business decision is to get him in the field. You cannot support an “all in” strategy while simultaneously not wanting the best possible players in the fold the next few years.

Who said anything about feelings?

1 hour ago, JKlecko said:

You know the NY media and Jets fans better than that.  You might not have a problem with it, but I can see/hear the screaming and comments now.

i can see it now......

JN.: so Joe trades a 4th (lets say for JFM) a 3rd ( for Reddick) for a 6th rd pick and we have the same DL as last year. he is so dumb.

2022 draft................Tippman 3rd best center................Mac 5 1/2 sacks in 2 games.........Allen major contributor......... brings in Rodgers, DJ, Clark, Williams, Smith, Moses........

JN: how does he still have a job? we should have fired him last year......................"the record"

good thing is i dont think there are more then 10 JD haters on the board still so it wont be so bad, but they will say something. 

36 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Because no good football player has ever been traded, right?

How much did the Jets save when they traded him? He counts 9 mil as dead cap now. I think his AAV was around 13.5 mil but I'm not sure what his cap number was. Also if I am remembering correctly, wasn't he adverse to restructurimg his contract with us hence the trade.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

There is a silver lining in everything and is in this case. Articles mentioned that if Reddick was here he would be taking a lot of reps from McDonald making it impossible for seeing his high potential. And he is on a rookie contract so he is very cheap for a while. We need to go with the edge players we have and maybe add some depth as soon as possible then have JJ rejoin them next year. Reddick will have to be traded or just left deactivated with all the money in the red that is accumulating. We may have to just cut our losses on that trade and lose the 3rd round pick in 2026 in order to not pay Reddick so much for a position we are still pretty good at so we can pay Wilson, Sauce, and others we do not want to lose over the next few seasons. Heck the way Sherwood is playing he could be our MLB Mike LB of the future and we will have to pay him obviously much more than we would’ve had he remained a backup.