Has Davante Adams Played His Last Snap as a Raider?

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

guessing he'll be on the injury report this week. 

I doubt GW is a huge bitch. Adams improves the team, obviously.

Dude rodgers is not playing this entire season and Garrett actually has been bitching.

The delusional of this fan base is insane. How many times am I wrong? Like seriously go through my post since I joined this site.

You green color glasses jet fans are never correct, ever and you never learn. 

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Dude rodgers is not playing this entire season and Garrett actually has been bitching.

The delusional of this fan base is insane. How many times am I wrong? Like seriously go through my post since I joined this site.

what are you even talking about?

In the post you quoted I literally said I'm guessing AR will be on the injury report this week. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I wouldnt view signing a 32 year old WR as replacing anyone and I would be surprised if Garret Wilson felt that way.  Adams isnt a long term fixture here if they traded for him, it would be to simply maximize the Rodgers window. Wilson is a long term fixture and trading for Adams doesnt change that fact. 

No way to know until it happens, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree, no #1 young WR is going to take demotion to slot #3/#4 happily and without complaint.

And Adams current contract runs thru end of 2026 I believe.  That's pretty long term, and a pricy long-term at that.  And Adams doesn't strike me as the "give money away" type, especially in potential future years that may not have have Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball.

Why wouldnt Garrett Wilson want the Jets to be a better team?  Why wouldnt he want the WR room to be better?  Why wouldnt he be excited about learning from a future HOF'er who was considered the best WR in the game for many years?  This a player who in college, played w/ 4, 1st round WR's.  I would think he understands that he could benefit from Adams presence.  I do think there is an obvious disconnect going on right now between Rodgers and Wilson, I'm not pointing the finger as to who is to blame but I think t's fair to lean on the side of Rodgers considering his experience in this league.

NFL players are all individual contractors, at the end of the day most of them are not selfless, and care primarily about their own income.

Would you, at your place of employment, take a major pay and authority cut to "make your employer better"?  I wouldn't.  And that variance for me and you likely isn't in millions of dollars difference.  It is for Wilson and his 2nd contract.

The offense had a bad game but otherwise, they've scored 3 TD's in every other game, the OL has been protecting well

I think you and I may have been watching different Olines......

and they Jets have been able to move the ball well at times.  They've had 4 drives, longer than any drives they've had in the last 3 years.

Being better than 32nd in the NFL is good.

Being ~22nd in Team Offense (Yards) and ~21st in Scoring Offense (Points) doesn't make it a great unit just because it's better than the 32nd it was with Zach Wilson.  Being in the high 20's is pretty middling, so far.

I think Adams could 100% help make it better and I dont think Garret Wilson should feel anyway other than excited about it.

I think you're wrong on both counts, so we'll just have to 1. see if it happens, and then 2. see whose right :) 

"Just wait until Garret Wilson gets with Aaron Rodger!  He will be a 1500 yard 12 td guy! Zach and the other dumbos are holding him back!" LOLOL
Allan Lazard is out #1 WR becasue Rodgers likes him!
The world sell out for Rodgers to this point has been one of the dumbest moves this franchise has ever made.

I was all for it incorrectly assuming it would have been handled a bit differently. A two year gun for hire hoping to push us close to the dance.... Instead we got an entirely new choreographer that is near the end of his career and only wants to work with his tried and true partners.

So since the ship has sailed .. **** bring in Adams at all costs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

GW is a talented kid, that's not even a point of concern. The issue with him is that there is a total disconnect between his talent and how he is employing it right now it seems. A knock on his game is that he seems to have an issue with sideline awareness, he tends to be on top of the sideline too often and makes catches that would be fine at OSU, but not in the NFL. Even this past week he had a couple of sideline miscues (That last catch on the SL was out of bounds but was somehow upheld due to being the "Call on the field"). He got away with it with ZW due to getting spammed with the ball, and Zach being such an undisciplined player himself, precision was never really a consideration. LOL 

Now he's playing with a QB who is ON RECORD multiple times saying how much he loves Wilson, how talented he is, but has essentially said he "Needs to step up his precision and discipline" to be great. I don't know if GW is buying into playing that way or not - so far he has apparently not been where he was supposed to be on several plays and Rodgers is NOT a "See it, throw it" guy. He's throwing to a spot where he EXPECTS the WR to be - and Garrett hasn't been there. 

Its a problem so far...

For all of his issues, Lazard IS where 8 expects him to be, and obviously picks up cues and signals for what Rodgers wants him to do. And so far, Mike Williams runs his pretty simple, basic patterns and just uses his size to box out and make catches. Adams takes that up 10 notches, those guys have telepathy with each other almost... hell, they brought Cobb in last year not to be the starting slot, but to TEACH guys how to play the way Rodgers wants things done. DeVante is the ultimate example of how to be successful with Rodgers. I want the Jets to bring dude in, and whatever GW decides to do in a year or two is up to him.

I like GW quite a bit, he's a talented guy and seems like the kind of guy you want to have on your team, but he isn't in the JJ, DK, Hill, or Chase sphere by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe if he focused more on operating inside the offense instead of running routes like a Cat on skates.... 

Get Adams. Worry about Garrett when its time to worry about Garrett.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

ill take a shot

you said rodgers limping around last Sunday. Also he is one leg tackle away from season ending injury?

Did you watch the game last week?

Did you miss him running for a first down of about 10 yards? Did you miss 3 or 4 times leaving the pocket and gaining yards?

You point out the limp - sure after a 280 pounder drives you into the turf. Most 20 year olds limp after that (and Rothlesberg leaves on a stretch only to return in the 3rd qtr). 

Rodgers took a beating last week and best to my knowledge he is playing Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

My optimistic way of thinking is that we have a deal in place. But to trade for Adams today with us traveling to London tomorrow just doesn't make sense. We'd have to pay him a mill to not play for us

So i think we have a deal in place for late Sunday or Monday a trade to be announced between us 2.

And in this scenario, please explain why you think the Raiders would be happy to help us out here and pay Adams that extra $million?

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

And in this scenario, please explain why you think the Raiders would be happy to help us out here and pay Adams that extra $million?

Clearly they’re not worried about paying him and him not playing. He was out “injured” Sunday and is likely out “injured” again this week. When it’s obvious he’s not injured.

So they’re paying him that money while he’s on the roster to not play. What does a game mean for them if he’s benched regardless.

Garrett is obviously very talented but he's way too demonstrative and emotional on the field for a kid who hasn't done a lot yet.

He acts like he's Jerry Rice but he hasn't earned that.

With ZW out there, he could get away with it, and the Jet fan tendency is obviously to empathize with him in that situation.

But if he wants things to work with Aaron, he has to run the right routes, be precise with his footwork and awareness, etc.

And GW has been loose with the football since he got here.

There were so many other problems with the team that this kind of went under the radar, but the problem clearly hasn't been addressed or even acknowledged by the player or the coaching staff.

This is all par for the course for and expected to some degree because a team takes on the personality of it's head coach:

Coach Bobby is continually saying publicly how they're the greatest players of all time, HOF talents, "elite humans", about how he's "not worried" about anything, etc.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No way to know until it happens, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree, no #1 young WR is going to take demotion to slot #3/#4 happily and without complaint.

And Adams current contract runs thru end of 2026 I believe.  That's pretty long term, and a pricy long-term at that.  And Adams doesn't strike me as the "give money away" type, especially in potential future years that may not have have Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball.

NFL players are all individual contractors, at the end of the day most of them are not selfless, and care primarily about their own income.

Would you, at your place of employment, take a major pay and authority cut to "make your employer better"?  I wouldn't.  And that variance for me and you likely isn't in millions of dollars difference.  It is for Wilson and his 2nd contract.

I think you and I may have been watching different Olines......

Being better than 32nd in the NFL is good.

Being ~22nd in Team Offense (Yards) and ~21st in Scoring Offense (Points) doesn't make it a great unit just because it's better than the 32nd it was with Zach Wilson.  Being in the high 20's is pretty middling, so far.

I think you're wrong on both counts, so we'll just have to 1. see if it happens, and then 2. see whose right :) 

Jaylen Waddle was a young stud #1 WR who was on a team that traded for future HOF WR in Tyreek Hill and they love each other long time!  And Garrett isnt going to be reduced to WR 3/4 because they add Adams.  It just means they can move all their WR's across the LOS interchangeably. 

Adams currently salary isnt guaranteed past this season.  So it would be 13 game rental to maximize Rodgers window.  Not a long term fixture.  Adams presence could increase Garrett Wilson's value since he wont be seeing the same amount of attention.  Did you see the deal Waddle signed this offseason?   So l dont know why you're acting like Adams presence has anything to do w/ GW's future deal.  It factually, does not.  GW will get what GW is worth.

I've been watching an OL that pass protected very well.  5 sacks is the exact number they gave up in the 3 games prior combined and in those games they faced names like Bosa, Floyd, Landry, Simmons, White, Wise - all better pass rushers than who Denver has, so nah, we've been watching the same OL.  They had a bad game.  It happens.

Nobody said great.  I literally agreed it was middling.  That's the point of the conversation.  Could Adams help improve a middling offense.  I think it's absolutely bonkers to just flat out say, no, he cant.  Ofcourse he can.  lol 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Jaylen Waddle was a young stud #1 WR who was on a team that traded for future HOF WR in Tyreek Hill and they love each other long time!  And Garrett isnt going to be reduced to WR 3/4 because they add Adams.  It just means they can move all their WR's across the LOS interchangeably. 

Adams currently salary isnt guaranteed past this season.  So it would be 13 game rental to maximize Rodgers window.  Not a long term fixture.  Adams presence could increase Garrett Wilson's value since he wont be seeing the same amount of attention.  Did you see the deal Waddle signed this offseason?   So l dont know why you're acting like Adams presence has anything to do w/ GW's future deal.  It factually, does not.  GW will get what GW is worth.

I've been watching an OL that pass protected very well.  5 sacks is the exact number they gave up in the 3 games prior combined and in those games they faced names like Bosa, Floyd, Landry, Simmons, White, Wise - all better pass rushers than who Denver has, so nah, we've been watching the same OL.  They had a bad game.  It happens.

Nobody said great.  I literally agreed it was middling.  That's the point of the conversation.  Could Adams help improve a middling offense.  I think it's absolutely bonkers to just flat out say, no, he cant.  Ofcourse he can.  lol 

Cool, like I said happy to agree to disagree, as already noted.  

We'll just have to see how this all plays out, I guess. 

A trade would have to happen first, and we're not there yet, so...

48 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I don't know how many anonymous sources she talked to in order to get to this conclusion, but it must have been at least 50

The Jets know they are getting Adams

Adams knows he will be a Jet

The Raiders also know the Jets are the team they will trade him to

Now they dance to see who wins the negotiations 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

My faith is more in Rodgers than Hackett (mentally I mean) 

Rodgers won 2 MVP's with Hackett as his OC.   It's not like he doesn't understand Matt LaFleur's playbook.  The offense Rodgers is running is the one he wants to run.  It's about execution. 

The Jets are not executing.  The OL are missing blocks, Rodgers is missing throws, WR's aren't getting separation and Hall looks washed. 

With that said, when Rodgers was accurate against NE the Jets O looked fine - Good QB play solves all.  We've gotten 6 quarters of good QB play so far - and that why we won two games.  Giving Rodgers another weapon, especially one he knows well - will help him - and that's the most important thing this team can do.

I think a lot of this coach blaming is a bit of scapegoating, not fully of course - the coaching can surely be better.  But I refuse to just give the players a pass.

This idea that rodger is the OC is ridiculous, sure he can change it at the line but you need a game plan, you need an OC and Hackett is really bad at it. Rodgers won those MVP award and had those great years wiht ADAMs bit Hackett was not calling the plays, the HC was. LeFluer. Hackett doesnt understand how to call plays. He was handed a ferrari but cant get it to first gear. 

OL are missing blocks - that is coaching my friend. That is litteraly Hackett and his staffs issue

Rodger misses throws, well every qb in the league misses throwns. the one thing we know taht is not the problem is rodgers...now playcalling and play design is an issue. We do not scheme anyone open ever that is a big problem, not rodgers fault or responsibility, that is you guessed hackett

WRs not getting seperation? well hard to get separation in 2 seconds. our talent can get open, we just need plays that dont feed lazard and conk and gipson as first reads. THis again is all caoching

Hall absolutely does not looked washed. he is hit behind the line of scrimmage and run into the def head on. Just poor play design and coaching again

I think you cant seriously argue that rodgers is the problem here or that wilson and hall just magically suck now. That is not true. Hackett cant call plays and that is why in Green Bay the HC called them. Hackett is a clip board coach.

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This idea that rodger is the OC is ridiculous, sure he can change it at the line but you need a game plan, you need an OC and Hackett is really bad at it. Rodgers won those MVP award and had those great years wiht ADAMs bit Hackett was not calling the plays, the HC was. LeFluer. Hackett doesnt understand how to call plays. He was handed a ferrari but cant get it to first gear. 

OL are missing blocks - that is coaching my friend. That is litteraly Hackett and his staffs issue

Rodger misses throws, well every qb in the league misses throwns. the one thing we know taht is not the problem is rodgers...now playcalling and play design is an issue. We do not scheme anyone open ever that is a big problem, not rodgers fault or responsibility, that is you guessed hackett

WRs not getting seperation? well hard to get separation in 2 seconds. our talent can get open, we just need plays that dont feed lazard and conk and gipson as first reads. THis again is all caoching

Hall absolutely does not looked washed. he is hit behind the line of scrimmage and run into the def head on. Just poor play design and coaching again

I think you cant seriously argue that rodgers is the problem here or that wilson and hall just magically suck now. That is not true. Hackett cant call plays and that is why in Green Bay the HC called them. Hackett is a clip board coach.

if your assessment of Hacket is accurate and it sure seems logical - now what?

Can you fire him with Rodgers still being here?

Demote him and bring someone else in?

I doubt there is someone on the staff who could queitly take over.

Big problems.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

if your assessment of Hacket is accurate and it sure seems logical - now what?

Can you fire him with Rodgers still being here?

Demote him and bring someone else in?

I doubt there is someone on the staff who could queitly take over.

Big problems.

Well if you identify the problem you can address it. Saleh could take play calling duties over or some else on staff. Ideally you promote our DC to HC and let him put a guy in.

Hell let Rodgers in on picking the new guy if you want. But you absolutely can fire hackett after that loss. I think rodgers swallows it more with Saleh getting the ax too btw.

Give someone else play calling duties would be someone on staff now, probably the safest way since it would be the same system.

The problem isnt the system is the playcalling. Todd downing shawn jefferson, these two guys have 40 plus years of XP. Either one calls a better game that Hackett even if you gave them the job at kcikoff. But hell who knows maybe middleton would be good. 

We do not have the luxury of next season, lets just see how it goes. We have talent, we finally have a qb, we have playmakers all over the offensive side of the ball. 

Now is the time for change, right now before we lose more games to scrub teams. 

I expect people to be negative about the Jets. They've sucked for a long time and have earned the negativity.

Sure, they looked like pure sh*t against the Broncos. Even still, I'm surprised at the number of people who have completely given up the season after the Broncos game. Could that just be who they are? Sure, maybe. But we've seen Aaron Rodgers look like Aaron Rodgers and the offense click a little. It's a work in progress. What they look like at the end of the season is much more important than the stinker they put out there vs. Denver week 4.

Giving up in week 4 at 2-2 w/Aaron f'n Rodgers at QB is weak sauce. If you can add Davante F'n Adams to the mix you go for it. Sack up, MFers.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I expect people to be negative about the Jets. They've sucked for a long time and have earned the negativity.

Sure, they looked like pure sh*t against the Broncos. Even still, I'm surprised at the number of people who have completely given up the season after the Broncos game. Could that just be who they are? Sure, maybe. But we've seen Aaron Rodgers look like Aaron Rodgers and the offense click a little. It's a work in progress. What they look like at the end of the season is much more important than the stinker they put out there vs. Denver.

Giving up in week 4 at 2-2 w/Aaron f'n Rodgers at QB is weak sauce. If you can add Davante F'n Adams to the mix you go for it. Sack up, MFers.

i hope they are not giving up after 2-2 and that horrid performance.

For me the issue is the uphill climb and without a doubt realization that they have to get to the playoffs in spite of the head coach and OC at a minimum.

You have to neutralize Saleh from his own stupidity and that is tough to do 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sure, they looked like pure sh*t against the Broncos. Even still, I'm surprised at the number of people who have completely given up the season after the Broncos game. Could that just be who they are? Sure, maybe. But we've seen Aaron Rodgers look like Aaron Rodgers and the offense click a little. It's a work in progress. What they look like at the end of the season is much more important than the stinker they put out there vs. Denver.

I certainly haven't given up and I 100% think the more this team plays together on offense the better we will be.

The frustrating thing with losing to DEN, is just that they're not that good. So it's a bad loss. A lot of us looked at the schedule for us early this season and thought we'd easily be 4-1 going into week 5 against BUF bc we just on paper were better than everyone besides maybe SF. Now MIN is undefeated and isn't the easy win we all thought. Making that game this past Sunday more crucial for us to win and we didn't. So now we have to scratch out a big win or 2 elsewhere these next few weeks.

4 out of our next 5 games are really tough (MIN, BUF, PIT, NE, HOU). Losing this last weekend means to me that we have to at bare minimum win 3 of those games. In reality we need to win 4 to be taken serious as a contender. NE we should win IMO. Pit I think we could beat as well. But my confidence level in those other 3 games isn't high.

21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

1. It makes no difference if fans "give up on the season".  I always laugh when folks make posts as if fans on a forum somehow have an impact on wins and losses, and that fans being angry with a bad loss somehow is partially at fault for future losses, lol.

2. No one here is really giving up that I see anyway.  We're 2-2.  We're up against a Vikings team sitting at 4-0 with the #4 offense in the NFL (and in London to boot) followed by a division game against the 3-1 Bills and the #2 offense in the NFL.  These will be very hard games, far harder than playing an also-ran team like Denver or Tenn.

3. If in fact we start 2-4, the odds are low of a playoff season.  Not impossible, sure, but low.

4. Fans "Sacking up" won't fix our teams deficiencies to date.

5. If the Jets can take one or both the next two games, the entire fanbase outlook changes immediately.  It's on them to win, not us to "have faith", this isn't church.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. It makes no difference if fans "give up on the season".  I always laugh when folks make posts as if fans on a forum somehow have an impact on wins and losses, and that fans being angry with a bad loss somehow is partially at fault for future losses, lol.

2. No one here is really giving up that I see anyway.  We're 2-2.  We're up against a Vikings team sitting at 4-0 with the #4 offense in the NFL (and in London to boot) followed by a division game against the 3-1 Bills and the #2 offense in the NFL.  These will be very hard games, far harder than playing an also-ran team like Denver or Tenn.

3. If in fact we start 2-4, the odds are low of a playoff season.  Not impossible, sure, but low.

4. Fans "Sacking up" won't fix our teams deficiencies to date.

5. If the Jets can take one or both the next two games, the entire fanbase outlook changes immediately.  It's on them to win, not us to "have faith", this isn't church.

You consistently make the point that what the fans do or think does not alter the won-loss record.  That is fine, but I didn't see Barry saying any of that.  What he was doing was calling out people for jumping off the bandwagon after one bad game.  It's okay to be a negative Nelly like you or Fidelio, but some of these guys whining were making MVP bets on Rodgers seven days ago.  That is weak and the fact that it won't make the Jets lose any more games is completely irrelevant.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You consistently make the point that what the fans do or think does not alter the won-loss record.  That is fine, but I didn't see Barry saying any of that.  What he was doing was calling out people for jumping off the bandwagon after one bad game.  It's okay to be a negative Nelly like you or Fidelio, but some of these guys whining were making MVP bets on Rodgers seven days ago.  That is weak and the fact that it won't make the Jets lose any more games is completely irrelevant.

That's right.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sure, they looked like pure sh*t against the Broncos. Even still, I'm surprised at the number of people who have completely given up the season after the Broncos game. Could that just be who they are? Sure, maybe. But we've seen Aaron Rodgers look like Aaron Rodgers and the offense click a little. It's a work in progress. What they look like at the end of the season is much more important than the stinker they put out there vs. Denver week 4.

Wanna be my Deputy for this weeks game? 

• Haha 2