We need to be sellers, not buyers

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Many are eager to turn this season around. I believe Woody should prevent Joey Dog from trading assets; instead, we should concentrate on the future by accumulating picks, not discarding them. Aaron Rodgers is not the solution for this team; we certainly shouldn't overpay for declining veterans.

I would prefer to see either of these players traded before contract extension issues arise:

1. Breece Hall for a 1st or 2nd round pick would be a bargain. We already possess one of the youngest players to score a touchdown on Allen.

2. Sauce for two 1st round picks. Despite his lackluster year, he will command a significant salary to re-sign. It's best to trade him while his value remains high.

We should aim towards the future and forget about the short-term splurge without dividends. 

U do not know what all in means - 

I’m from the Bronx too

you just embarrassed my hometown

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

OP is correct but the blind homerism won't let anyone see it.

In a couple years they'll take this stance as if they weren't against it.

It’s a good plan if we were not already all

in. We are all in pal. It’s gonna suck in a few years yes. It’s a known consequence 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

OMG can we just take a step back.

What is next. Tankathon  at 2-2

Some of you folks are unreal

I have been advocating for Sauce's trade since week one defeat,  for the record. 

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, Bronx said:

Many are eager to turn this season around. I believe Woody should prevent Joey Dog from trading assets; instead, we should concentrate on the future by accumulating picks, not discarding them. Aaron Rodgers is not the solution for this team; we certainly shouldn't overpay for declining veterans.

I would prefer to see either of these players traded before contract extension issues arise:

1. Breece Hall for a 1st or 2nd round pick would be a bargain. We already possess one of the youngest players to score a touchdown on Allen.

2. Sauce for two 1st round picks. Despite his lackluster year, he will command a significant salary to re-sign. It's best to trade him while his value remains high.

We should aim towards the future and forget about the short-term splurge without dividends. 

This might be the dumbest take yet... But keep starting new threads... Maybe eventually you will actually start a good one

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Rollover cap space and draft capital — the substitute for team success for Jets fans since forever.

What time does the game come on where you live? It’s 930 am Sunday here, prime brunch hours. So at least I got that going for me. I love a Sunday brunch. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What time does the game come on where you live? It’s 930 am Sunday here, prime brunch hours. So at least I got that going for me. I love a Sunday brunch. 

Germany would be 3:30pm but I’m in Turkey this week so 4:30. Calm down, that’s the name of a country not an entree choice.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This is why I never go to the Bronx

Uber drivers terrify me. I always get the one that keeps that new car smell spritzer stuff in the glove box and they aren’t afraid to use it. Then they always  have the Disney channel music station on Sirius Satellite. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Uber drivers terrify me. I always get the one that keeps that new car smell spritzer stuff in the glove box and they aren’t afraid to use it. Then they always  have the Disney channel music station on Sirius Satellite. 

Yeah that’s how they keep 1 star riders in line 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wait, you saying they don’t have Turkey in Turkey? Not a world I want to live in.,

Actually, and this surprised me, they have been serving it at the hotel. It’s native to North America but hey maybe they feel they need to meet misplaced expectations 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Some of you crack me up.

So we go all in. Look elite just a couple weeks ago. Struggle last week and are a game out of 1st and currently hold a playoff spot.

Yet we should sell?!?!

GTFO!!!

When I was young and virile, I could do the emotional rubber banding but now I’ve settled into a much healthier rhythm of mediocre emotional investment tinged with crippling cynicism.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Actually, and this surprised me, they have been serving it at the hotel. It’s native to North America but hey maybe they feel they need to meet misplaced expectations 

I’m guessing they don’t have Popeyes there. Their Cajun deep fried turkeys they do at Thanksgiving  are simply amazing. Turkey is one of the easiest proteins to mess up too. Had an Aunt made the bird so dry it was a risk to start brush fires. Rest in piece Aunt Kindling. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

I’m guessing they don’t have Popeyes there. Their Cajun deep fried turkeys they do at Thanksgiving  are simply amazing. Turkey is one of the easiest proteins to mess up too. Had an Aunt made the bird so dry it was a risk to start brush fires. Rest in piece Aunt Kindling. 

Haven’t seen any American chain fried chicken joints. Agree that turkey done right is sublime, done poorly, might as well use it as the football in the annual backyard Thanksgiving game.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Taser would be like a static shock to you. Any Uber driver worth his salt keeps a cattle prod under the seat for the big boys.

Meh, I haven’t had an issue since I stopped  asking them to pull into every drive thru we pass by. 

• Haha 1