It's time to try and salvage the season. Out of our entire mostly incompetent staff, Jeff Ulbrich seems to be the only one who isnt a total buffoon and does a pretty good job.

I dont see them bringing in a coach from outside the org like Rex even though he would be an upgrade. 

With how bad Saleh is, I seriously doubt Ulbrich could be any worse. Maybe he deserves an opportunity. I mean if Ulbrich is just not a braindead retard then that's already an improvement over Saleh. Maybe he is able to prepare them better for games and have them playing more disciplined and mistake free

Seriously WHAT ARE WE DOING wasting this talent and allowing them to be dragged down and underachieve with the stupidest coaches in the NFL. How could Ulbrich be any worse? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

It's time to try and salvage the season. Out of our entire mostly incompetent staff, Jeff Ulbrich seems to be the only one who isnt a total buffoon and does a pretty good job.

I dont see them bringing in a coach from outside the org like Rex even though he would be an upgrade. 

With how bad Saleh is, I seriously doubt Ulbrich could be any worse. Maybe he deserves an opportunity. I mean if Ulbrich is just not a braindead retard then that's already an improvement over Saleh. Maybe he is able to prepare them better for games and have them playing more disciplined and mistake free

Seriously WHAT ARE WE DOING wasting this talent and allowing them to be dragged down and underachieve with the stupidest coaches in the NFL. How could Ulbrich be any worse? 

I'm on board with this.  

Middleton or Boyer. Zero expectation or  inclination to keep them after season, if they suck. The defense works, don’t disrupt it.

Also, bringing Rex into this mess would be great for him, and him alone. He’d completely cash in on the internal finger pointing and would do nothing for the actual betterment of the team. So yeah, let’s just keep rooting for that unoriginal idea.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

Coach Middleton please

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

This game as was the other close loss are squarely on Rodgers shoulders he made bad throws at the end .... Games he would routinely win he is now routinely losing . Its not Physical because he's still making the throws they were just bad throws or at the end when he should have hit Williams at a high point he went for another one of those excrusiatingly stupid back shoulder throws and it bit him in the ass.

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

When was the last time a Jets HC was fired in-season?

It shouldve happened a few times. Kotite...Joe Walton in 1989

It hasnt happened. But as of now it's the right move and can only help the team. I'd be surprised if Ulbrich is WORSE than Saleh

Again, removing has absolutely zero negatives for this team. Keeping him here is malpractice

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Middleton or Boyer. Zero expectation or  inclination to keep them after season, if they suck. The defense works, don’t disrupt it.

Also, bringing Rex into this mess would be great for him, and him alone. He’d completely cash in on the internal finger pointing and would do nothing for the actual betterment of the team. So yeah, let’s just keep rooting for that unoriginal idea.

Rex is a much better coach than Saleh

For all his flaws he would be an immediate upgrade. There is no way this team wouldnt be better under Rex. 

Rex actually got talent to perform at and above their capabilities, his teams had some issues with discipline too but not like this...I'd rather have a fired up prepared, playing hard, motivated and sometimes sloppy Rex Jets than the complete sh*tshow that is Saleh

Rex would be a lock to make the playoffs with this roster. I mean look at the garbage 2013 Jets and Rex somehow getting them to 8-8

Under Saleh that team is 1-15 or 2-14

That may solve one problem - if Ulbrich is even up to that task - but it creates another (unless something unprecedented happens, like demoting Saleh to DC and promoting his underling to HC, which isn't happening).

You can promote Ulbrich, in that I guess he's the most deserving, but then the team has no DC and they still have an OC and OLC/RunningOC that are absolute garbage. The coaching problem that still doesn't get solved is their other two senior coaches - Hackett & Carter - are at least of deserving of pink slips as Saleh. What they needed to have is some other senior coach just to be on the staff so he knows all the players & is a sub-in.

So the only one who comes to mind then is Middleton -- yeah he's just a career TE coach, but that's still no less of an asset than Saleh seems to be anyway. Plus losing him as the TE coach doesn't cripple the coaching staff and at least leaves the D coaching intact (minus Saleh, of course). I suppose then let Middleton promote Downing, and if Rodgers throws a temper tantrum over Hackett, so be it. I guess they could bump up Downing so he then becomes Hackett's superior to help that problem, too. Meh these don't seem to be great choices anyway.

They're not bringing in someone who hasn't been & isn't already in the building. Only way that'd happen is if they had an earlier bye week, and even then it'd have been unlikely.

The likelihood is they're just going to let the rest of the season ride with Saleh & company. I've prepared myself; everyone should do the same. Call for him to get fired all you like, and yeah of course he deserves it, but I'd be shocked if it happens before the season ends.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

Rex is a much better coach than Saleh

For all his flaws he would be an immediate upgrade. There is no way this team wouldnt be better under Rex. 

Rex actually got talent to perform at and above their capabilities, his teams had some issues with discipline too but not like this...I'd rather have a fired up prepared, playing hard, motivated and sometimes sloppy Rex Jets than the complete sh*tshow that is Saleh

Rex would be a lock to make the playoffs with this roster. I mean look at the garbage 2013 Jets and Rex somehow getting them to 8-8

Under Saleh that team is 1-15 or 2-14

I’m not comparing Rex to Saleh, because I’m not an idiot. I’m saying Rex fixes nothing in the grand scheme of things, because unlike the idiots that clamor for him, I understand the negative long-term impact of a toxic leader. 

Cool, cool though. You keep starting dud threads.

It would be awkward to fire the HC while trying to acquire Adams though realistically.  

It would be almost impossible to bring it up in a serious way without risking a full blown clown car scandal, but you can’t make this move without finding out where Rodgers stands and yes you have to find out about Hackett and Carter too. 

I think ultimately they all get another week if not just to make Adams even slightly interested in coming here 

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m not comparing Rex to Saleh, because I’m not an idiot. I’m saying Rex fixes nothing in the grand scheme of things, because unlike the idiots that clamor for him, I understand the negative long-term impact of a toxic leader. 

Cool, cool though. You keep starting dud threads.

The grand scheme of things is to salvage this year, to win this year. Keeping Saleh caused more harm than bringing Rex in.

There is no downside to firing Saleh. None. The team would only improve under Rex. Even with all his shortcomings, they would be better coached and couldnt possibly perform worse than this

30 minutes ago, Larz said:

It would be awkward to fire the HC while trying to acquire Adams though realistically.  

It would be almost impossible to bring it up in a serious way without risking a full blown clown car scandal, but you can’t make this move without finding out where Rodgers stands and yes you have to find out about Hackett and Carter too. 

I think ultimately they all get another week if not just to make Adams even slightly interested in coming here 

Reading the tea leaves and Rodgers comments you can see he recognizes Saleh's stupidity and knows the coach has to go

1 hour ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

Been saying this for awhile.

Only other option is to take a big swing at Pete Carroll!