Craig Carton breaks down exactly what happen with Saleh's firing

Joe W. Namath

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This makes no sense and I don't think anyone with even basic logic believes this crap. This is 100% made up BS. 

Saleh was a bad HC. Woody fired him. That's it. Rogers doesn't have all this power people try to say he does. 

Rogers is famous for advocating to not overreacting and also takes responsibility for the loss in london. 

Media is just so ridiculous. 

People need to relax this was a good move for the Jets, there is no controversy. We just lost another winnable game and they needed to get in front of it before we lose our chance this year. 

Yep - simplicity. Johnson had this on his mind for a long time. After London he had enough. All this Mumbai jumbo about Johnson and Rodgers conspiring to fire Saleh and making sure they get their Monday night call straight before talking to the press is beyond ridiculous 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cyberjet said:

Yep - simplicity. Johnson had this on his mind for a long time. After London he had enough. All this Mumbai jumbo about Johnson and Rodgers conspiring to fire Saleh and making sure they get their Monday night call straight before talking to the press is beyond ridiculous 

Report out that Johnson gave the staff an ultimatum that the London game was a must win after the Denver embarrassment 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

To be fair, don't you think Rodgers + Hackett was a packaged deal?

I'm not a Saleh fan, glad he's gone but I don't think he gets blame for Hackett.  He should get blamed for so many other things, including poor leadership and complete lack of innovation and game planning.  

Hackett was hired before they acquired Rodgers. Saleh kept Hackett after last year debacle. 

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Cmon dude. Saleh literally refused to fire LaFleur so the guy has to quit in a mutual “parting of ways.”

The Hackett move ways always from the top as part of a grand plan to get Aaron Rodgers.

He didn’t want to fire his best friend’s brother. Let that sink in. Nothing is more dysfunctional than that.

• Upvote 2

Woody had already decided to fire Saleh at the end of last season. The only reason he didn’t was because of Rodgers' injury. With Rodgers out, Woody knew he couldn’t justify firing Saleh without melting under the bright lights of the NY media, so he held off. Instead, he gave Saleh enough rope to hang himself in 2024, waiting for him to repeat the same mistakes he’s always made -- knowing it was only a matter of time before Saleh would confirm the suspicion that he was a fraud.

Saleh had convinced Woody that everything would change with Aaron Rodgers running the show. But five games in, it became clear that this was just another one of Saleh’s empty promises. He was faking it the entire time, hoping Rodgers could cover up his shortcomings. But once things fell apart, Saleh was exposed, and now he’s been called out for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Cyberjet said:

I bet he been thinking about since first game in sf. When we showed up completely unprepared and out coached 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Some of these reports coming out of these websites are unbelievable. Growing up I was given a piece of advice that has served me well. "Believe none of what you hear & only half of what you see. It has kept me out of a lot of trouble. N bub

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, GenoJet said:

Saleh was fired because he wasn't a good HC. Period. His premature celebration, his totally off base injury reporting.  His country club approach to training camps. And his ridiculous comment about this being a nothing part of the year. I'm Glas he's gone. How it went down, and the sequence of events that led to it. We could all speculate, it will get us nowhere. He's gone. We should be relieved by that.

And the team should be relieved.

18 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If we start winning games and continue winning into the playoffs it was the right move. If we don't then it didn't matter either way because this team wasn't turning it around the way it was. 

Couldn't agree more.  It was a complete no lose move.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Are you on your period, you whelp?

Saleh sucked. Nobody is sad to see him go. You’re carrying on like it’s a conspiracy and nobody 1.) gives a sh*t and 2.) listens to your stupid sh*t posting.

3.) I’m still waiting for the one thing Saleh did that means he should have kept his job. 

"I think it's a good perspective moment for all of us to reset mentally," Rodgers said. "A lot of stuff is right in front of us, starting with this week, a division opponent, a chance to get to 3-3 and be tied for the division lead. We have 12 games left, that's a long season."

I don't think Aaron knows about sole possession, @Joe W. Namath :D  

• Haha 2

So...what you're saying is Rodgers has the power to conspire with Woody to get Saleh fired when there's talk of his buddy Hackett getting play calling taken away.

But not enough power to potentially prevent the new interim head coach from doing the same and taking play calling away from his buddy Hackett?

I know its the Jets, but can we apply some logic here?

At the end of the day, Saleh didnt get results, and worse, in a "win-now" season with a sense of urgency, had an "aw shucks we'll get 'em next time" public persona after every loss. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

So...what you're saying is Rodgers has the power to conspire with Woody to get Saleh fired when there's talk of his buddy Hackett getting play calling taken away.

But not enough power to potentially prevent the new interim head coach from doing the same and taking play calling away from his buddy Hackett?

I know its the Jets, but can we apply some logic here?

At the end of the day, Saleh didnt get results, and worse, in a "win-now" season with a sense of urgency, had an "aw shucks we'll get 'em next time" public persona after every loss. 

Just like Adam Gase, another Jets head coach that will never be a head coach again. Thankfully for Bob, he’s a solid DC so will get back into the NFL at a position that better serves his skill set. 

Woody knew at the last whistle of the London Game that he was firing Saleh. He didn't do it on Monday, because - take a breath here - firing a Lebanese Muslim guy on 10/7 would have been a very bad look. 

It is what it is, guys. Bad coach gets fired by exasperated owner. Thats it. There is no conspiracy. Nobody was fired to PROTECT Nathaniel ******* Hackett. Personally, I would have fired Saleh the moment I heard the utterance, "This is just the nothing part of Football" after 3 years of ineptitude. Then again, I wouldn't have made the same mistake I made 5 times previously in the past 20 years and hired another unproven, Defensive Coordinator to coach my NFL team in the age of offense...

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

The Unicorn owner of the NY Jets.

Then make him the special advisory to the passing coordinator then. He hired Carter, Dews and Downing. He hired Miles Austin, yes that Miles Austin. I am well aware that Hackett sucks, but look at all of the crap he hired. 

People on this site made fun of the Campbell hiring by the Lions, But Campbell promoted Johnson to his OC and hired Glenn to be his DC.

Saleh sought out and hired Carter.

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Then make him the special advisory to the passing coordinator then. He hired Carter, Dews and Downing. He hired Miles Austin, yes that Miles Austin. I am well aware that Hackett sucks, but look at all of the crap he hired. 

People on this site made fun of the Campbell hiring by the Lions, But Campbell promoted Johnson to his OC and hired Glenn to be his DC.

Saleh sought out and hired Carter.

Campbell was hired after Saleh failed his interview in Detroit.  Woody wanted Saleh.  Woody got him.  Woody wanted Rodgers and Woody got Hackett and told JD to sign Lazard.

I don't really give much of a **** how this happened, but I think it continues a concerning trend.  ******* up is bad enough, but this is again the Jets half-assing it.  They forced Schottenheimer on Rex, Rex on Idzik, Williams and Maccagnan on Gase, and Hackett on Saleh.  The teams that win have everybody on the same page.  The Jets are consistently an excuse factory where people are pointing the finger so that they can stay on board.  It's the one reason that some top tier douche, like Parcells would help.  Someone to be the Man.

I will add that everybody keeps saying that Saleh is a "good dude."  I am not sure how you can hate his coaching and think that.  All the slogans and pop psychology sh*t are literally the antithesis of what I see as a good dude.  My eyes were rolling with every press conference.  Saying that we are "in the nothing part of the season" was particularly mind boggling.  What happened to one game at a time?  Every NFL game is a war and should be treated as such.  Texting Beningo was ******* insanity.  I could see doing that if you wanted to leak something without going "public" but the sh*t he sent was more CYA nonsense like coaches records without their starter.  I wish him well, but would have found him monumentally annoying as a leader.  I have not seen much from Ulbrich that I find different, though he is less annoying. 

All the football coach the board tends to be the stuff that bothers me.  The "Leader of Men" nonsense.  I lead myself.  The guy I will follow is the one that will give me a plan that will work if I do my job.  I am not going to run through a wall for a coach who answers "because I said so" but I did spend plenty of time as a 178 lb WR lining up as a TE in blocking 270 lb DEs (people were human sized in my day, shakes fist at clouds) if I knew it would help the play.  I think that is why Rex worked for a bit.  Rex knows D.  People think the league got wise to him, but I think the issue is more that he is scattered and a sh*t administrator, so all the other sh*t eventually flies out the window.  Hopefully Ulbrich will be good, but I am not holding my breath. I guess they got him through the Shanahan thing because they both coached in Atlanta together, but I look at the fact he wasn't on the exact same staffs as these guys as a positive thing.  Hopefully he got here through merit.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Why did Woody speak to Rodgers and not his GM before firing him?  

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't really give much of a **** how this happened, but I think it continues a concerning trend.  ******* up is bad enough, but this is again the Jets half-assing it.  They forced Schottenheimer on Rex, Rex on Idzik, Williams and Maccagnan on Gase, and Hackett on Saleh.  The teams that win have everybody on the same page.  The Jets are consistently an excuse factory where people are pointing the finger so that they can stay on board.  It's the one reason that some top tier douche, like Parcells would help.  Someone to be the Man.

I will add that everybody keeps saying that Saleh is a "good dude."  I am not sure how you can hate his coaching and think that.  All the slogans and pop psychology sh*t are literally the antithesis of what I see as a good dude.  My eyes were rolling with every press conference.  Saying that we are "in the nothing part of the season" was particularly mind boggling.  What happened to one game at a time?  Every NFL game is a war and should be treated as such.  Texting Beningo was ******* insanity.  I could see doing that if you wanted to leak something without going "public" but the sh*t he sent was more CYA nonsense like coaches records without their starter.  I wish him well, but would have found him monumentally annoying as a leader.  I have not seen much from Ulbrich that I find different, though he is less annoying. 

All the football coach the board tends to be the stuff that bothers me.  The "Leader of Men" nonsense.  I lead myself.  The guy I will follow is the one that will give me a plan that will work if I do my job.  I am not going to run through a wall for a coach who answers "because I said so" but I did spend plenty of time as a 178 lb WR lining up as a TE in blocking 270 lb DEs (people were human sized in my day, shakes fist at clouds) if I knew it would help the play.  I think that is why Rex worked for a bit.  Rex knows D.  People think the league got wise to him, but I think the issue is more that he is scattered and a sh*t administrator, so all the other sh*t eventually flies out the window.  Hopefully Ulbrich will be good, but I am not holding my breath. I guess they got him through the Shanahan thing because they both coached in Atlanta together, but I look at the fact he wasn't on the exact same staffs as these guys as a positive thing.  Hopefully he got here through merit.

Terrific post.  

I will add that everybody keeps saying that Saleh is a "good dude."  I am not sure how you can hate his coaching and think that.  All the slogans and pop psychology sh*t are literally the antithesis of what I see as a good dude. 

Aside from football, he seems like he's probably a nice guy. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Claymation said:

You are trying to say that one turd is better than the other, I hate to break it to you that they are both turds.

Disagree completely.  LeFluer wasn't ready to be the OC.  He's a solid up and coming offensive coach in the NFL.  He had a good resume but he hadn't had enough time building it to be thrust into the job as an OC with a rookie QB and HC who wasn't involved at all in the offense.  He litterally had a job with one of the NFL's best HC's before the Jets could even fire him.  It was a bad hire but not because Lefluer is incompetent, he wasn't ready for that job yet.  He's clearly well thought of by many HC in the league and has a brght future.

Hackett on the other hand was smart enough to know in his first HC gig that Hackett was an awful play caller.  HC Hackett actually took the play calling away from himself.  

There was some dumb idea that Rodgers won 2 MVP's while Hackett was his OC in Green Bay.  Hackett never had play calling authority in Green Bay.  Lefluer was much to smart to allow that.  Lefluer called the plays during Rodgers 2 MVP seasons and he calls the plays for Jordan Love. 

Hackett was and is Rodgers personal shopper and caddy.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Disagree completely.  LeFluer wasn't ready to be the OC.  He's a solid up and coming offensive coach in the NFL.  He had a good resume but he hadn't had enough time building it to be thrust into the job as an OC with a rookie QB and HC who wasn't involved at all in the offense.  He litterally had a job with one of the NFL's best HC's before the Jets could even fire him.  It was a bad hire but not because Lefluer is incompetent, he wasn't ready for that job yet.  He's clearly well thought of by many HC in the league and has a brght future.

Hackett on the other hand was smart enough to know in his first HC gig that Hackett was an awful play caller.  HC Hackett actually took the play calling away from himself.  

Therewas some dumb idea that Rodgers won 2 MVP's while Hackett was his OC in Green Bay.  Hackett never had play calling authority in Green Bay.  Lefluer was much to smart to allow that.  Lefluer called the plays during Rodgers 2 MVP seasons and he calls the plays for Jordan Love. 

Hackett was and is Rodgers personal shopper and caddy.  

Pretty much everybody AR8 has brought with him have been terrible.  I think Cobb would've been good if he was younger.  Lazard has stone hands but he does at least seem to be on the same page as Rogers.  Hackett is awful and it doesn't reflect well that Rodgers speaks glowingly about him.  It definitely does seem like he likes him because Hackett bows to him.  Then again, Hackett should bow to him.  Peyton Manning didn't need Adam Gase either.

• Upvote 1

He was fired because his team came out each and every game like they were stuck in first gear and no sense of urgency or accountability until they were behind on the score board.

His teams have always been highly penalized, lacked energy and soft.

All gas no brake slogans not good enough to motivate football players. Sometimes you need to piss off some players by yelling and screaming when identifying constant mistakes.

Maybe this firing will give some players a wake up message.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Craig Carton is a convicted felon trying to remain relevant by preaching against the tide with hypothetical sensationalism.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Isn't it crazy how plausible his hypothetical sensationalism is.  I mean the guy is an ex-con so he has to be lying a crook, am I right?  Once a criminal always a criminal.  We probably should put them all away for life.