Reddicks’s Agent Fires Him

8 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Sure there is.

They will try to trade him, but if they can't get decent comp, they will absolutely dance this dance again.

There is more drama about this amongst fans and the media. I honestly don't think this is having much of an impact inside the building.

Let him rot. Do not give in. It doesn't harm anyone or anything besides for Reddick.

Yeah. Tie up another $15 mil in cap space for nothing instead of signing FA’s or re signing/extending our own.

That makes a lot  of sense. 😂

• Upvote 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah. Tie up another $15 mil in cap space for nothing instead of signing FA’s or re signing our own.

That makes a lot  of sense. 😂

I'm no cap expert, but Over the Cap has Reddick's cap number at 750K in 2024 and 0 in 2025.

In any case I don't think that is a driving force in this situation. If it was, JD would have caved a long time ago.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, victorjets said:

It’s a 2026 third-round pick… and IF he signs next year as free agent, we might even get a compensatory pick

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

yeah my point is this team looks like it's going to be bad in 2025 and will probably have use for a high 3. I don't know what the comp situation is/will be but assuming it evens out, we're talking about the best case scenario for this trade being..nothing? He never plays, leaves and we move down from the top of the 3rd for the trouble? Seems dumb

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I'm no cap expert, but Over the Cap has Reddick's cap number at 750K in 2024 and 0 in 2025.

In any case I don't think that is a driving force in this situation. If it was, JD would have caved a long time ago.

1. Reddick has one year left before he’s a FA. If he doesn’t report and the Jets do what you want them to do, his ‘24 contact rolls over. The Jets don’t magically get him for $750,000 on the cap for two years, 😂

2. JD’s career here is hanging by a thread. If he gets dumped, do you think the new GM will want to deal with his mess?

3. It will never come to either scenario though. The Jets will either trade or release him before next season if he doesn’t report no matter how many fans on a message board say “let him rot.”

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Pretty sure that's because he hasn't reported 

Yep. Which would be the same hypothetical situation next year.

Point being the Jets are absolutely ready to dance this same dance next year if need be.

am i the only one who thinks this is some coincidence this happend a day after Saleh got fired?

i know this board is 90% behind Saleh getting fired but most people ( NFL GMS, ex players and such ) call this a bad look and way too early. could they be right? i think so.

could it be Reddick told his Agent to get a deal done last week but after seeing this changed his mind. im not saying he had a love for Saleh but this was a bad time to do this. 

his agent probably said he worked so hard to get a deal done and he is almost there and now you change your mind...your fired.

as of now we look like we are cleaning house at the end of the year. who would want to come here now. i wouldn't be surprised if by next week you hear Adams took us off his list of teams he wants to go to.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

I recall reading that he can’t “cut a check” to pay his fines, it has to come from game checks. 

He’s getting close to playing for nothing.  

It sure feels like he’s not playing this year.  

If the fines are deducted after taxes he’s already playing for free

51 minutes ago, doitny said:

am i the only one who thinks this is some coincidence this happend a day after Saleh got fired?

i know this board is 90% behind Saleh getting fired but most people ( NFL GMS, ex players and such ) call this a bad look and way too early. could they be right? i think so.

could it be Reddick told his Agent to get a deal done last week but after seeing this changed his mind. im not saying he had a love for Saleh but this was a bad time to do this. 

his agent probably said he worked so hard to get a deal done and he is almost there and now you change your mind...your fired.

as of now we look like we are cleaning house at the end of the year. who would want to come here now. i wouldn't be surprised if by next week you hear Adams took us off his list of teams he wants to go to.

I think it's more likely related to a potential Adams trade than Saleh being fired. JD may be cash strapped by Woody (preventing conversion of Adams 2024 contract to bonus) and be nagging red dicks agents to be reasonable and figure sh*t out one way or another. JD has a cap to deal with and a do or die season and this hold out is ridiculous at this point. The agents, wanting to be reasonable negotiators, protecting their reputation, could have just had enough knowing JD was right.

some preference of Saleh or not seems pretty unlikely imo. his goal is to get in the required games and get his next contract.

that said, hard to say he's thinking logically at this point.

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re the ones who traded a 3rd for a guy who hasn’t shown up, said he wants to be traded, and have nothing to show for it.

Him being an idiot doesn’t mean the Jets are the geniuses here. 

No one said we’re geniuses here. But his side is the wrong one with over 10mill in fines already. Hes at a point here soon where if he waits for the last second to show up and play under this contract he currently has. That he’s playing this 1/2 season for free after his fines.

To me that’s a big idiot. We traded for a guy. Said we’d maybe rework his deal. But he had to show up for that to happen. He refused to show up. And now he’s getting fined. He has 0 leverage. And while we’re just 2-3…. That’s not bc of no pass rush. So yes him here would help. But he’s not the reason we have 3 losses. Our offense is.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Isn’t there something significant about week 6? If he doesn’t report JD has his rights next year? Something?

He just has to be here for the last 6 games of the season to get credit for the season.

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I just told you. There’s no way the Jets dance this dance again.

They can trade him, release him, whatever.

They' not going to just release him.  They may trade him, but otherwise, I'll bet that he has pissed JD and Woody off so much that they will hold onto him, just to screw him and force him to have to report.  They own his ass.  If he doesn't ever report, he never plays another down in the NFL if the Jets don't trade him.

3 hours ago, doitny said:

Maybe not, but I think you're definitely in the minority.  Eff the other NFL GMs.  They probably just said that because they knew that as long as Saleh was here, the Jets weren't going to win sh*t.  They may have also said it because they like Saleh, but anyone who has paid any attention to how the Jets have played under Saleh and what their record is, totally understands why Saleh was fired now and that it was the right move for the Jets.

I sincerely doubt Reddick suddenly told his agents to get a deal done.  He wants to be traded.  He doesn't want to play for the Jets and that includes Saleh.

I'm surprised that his agents held onto him this long.  He's been a total dumbass and jerk.  I thought I had read 2-3 weeks ago that they had dumped him, but guess I dreamed it.

It's totally premature to say it looks like the Jets are cleaning house at the end of the year.  You're usually more reasonable than that.  I think we'll see a difference and perhaps even a big improvement in how the team plays under Ulbrich.  I think he will get the team playing hard and disciplined, and we'll see the offense be much less predictable, more creative, the OL play better and the Jets score more points and start playing like many of us thought they would or could.

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You're a Giants fan. What in the heck do you know about what the Jets will do?  You're entitled to your opinion, but stating it so definitely is ridiculous.  It would truly make JD look like an idiot if he just cut Reddick free and let him do whatever.  The only way JD and the Jets come out of this whole is by holding Reddick's nose to the grindstone and either trading him and getting compensation back or forcing him to play then letting him walk in FA and getting a comp pick in return. If they let Reddick walk in FA next year, that would not prohibit the Jets from signing FAs.