Kinlaw, Clemons and Fotu all suck!

Can't believe our DL went from what it was to this! Smh. Knew from the announcement of the Kinlaw signing, then the overpay that the Kinlaw deal was a bad one. Whether it's JD or someone else, we're going to have to place a lot of attention to the front next season. 

In Fotu's head there's banana peel all over the turf. He's trying to shed the block as well as not slip on the peels. 

Clemons is out there making contact with the opposing lineman and is having so much fun do it. Seems like he forget you actually have to make plays. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Kinlaw was the dude I was most upset with last night. He was just wreckless.

There were multiple times in the first half where he literally just abandoned his gap responsibility and collapsed the line.

That’s when you were seeing the Bills gash them for big gains.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Where could JD possibly find a pass rusher who's not playing for another team though? 😉

What’s so annoying is that team is in worst case scenario regarding the edge position. A healthy JJ and non-psychotic Reddick move the defense from top 5 to top 5 with more closing ability. Either way I don’t understand why people are worried about the defense.

1 hour ago, NYJCAP2 said:

There were multiple times in the first half where he literally just abandoned his gap responsibility and collapsed the line.

That’s when you were seeing the Bills gash them for big gains.

When you run a scheme like we do, there is no emphasis on run stopping which is ridiculous.  I don’t understand how this organization can put such premium on DTs who “shoot gaps and get upfield” while completing forgetting about run defense. Al Woods is still a free agent and we can’t see the need for a player like him to be on the field in certain situations?

It’s really frustrating to see things that seem like easy fixes be completely ignored while the team gets consistently run on.  

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

What’s so annoying is that team is in worst case scenario regarding the edge position. A healthy JJ and non-psychotic Reddick move the defense from top 5 to top 5 with more closing ability. Either way I don’t understand why people are worried about the defense.

Watch the game on Sunday and watch Pitt run it down their throats and control possession. Then tell me why people shouldn't be worried about this defense. When it counted last night they couldn't prevent the Bills from getting the 3rd down and running out the clock by containing Allen. 

20 minutes ago, BCJet said:

When you run a scheme like we do, there is no emphasis on run stopping which is ridiculous.  I don’t understand how this organization can put such premium on DTs who “shoot gaps and get upfield” while completing forgetting about run defense. Al Woods is still a free agent and we can’t see the need for a player like him to be on the field in certain situations?

It’s really frustrating to see things that seem like easy fixes be completely ignored while the team gets consistently run on.  

I don’t think that was scheme to blame.

I think he was being so undisciplined he vacated his responsibilities, by flowing horizontally down the line.

8 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Watch the game on Sunday and watch Pitt run it down their throats and control possession. Then tell me why people shouldn't be worried about this defense. When it counted last night they couldn't prevent the Bills from getting the 3rd down and running out the clock by containing Allen. 

Stopping Josh Allen over the course of the game and giving the ball back to the offense with a chance to win the game is much more repeatable than stopping Allen once on an RPO. 

Being able to complete passes against the Steelers secondary will be much more important than stopping the run. Then preventing big plays to Pickens is next most important. Then it’s preventing Highsmith and Watt from hitting Rodgers, then containing Russell Wilson on broken pass plays, then maybe it’s stopping the run.