Adams immediately agrees to a new contract.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Well, Geno was drafted in 2013 and is on his 4th team. He finally got good in what, 2022? 

Sam is also on his 4th team and flamed out in two different starting QB roles before getting an opportunity this year. 

From the perspective of the team that drafted them years ago, they were busts. 

I dated a girl in college who was a sloppy drunk and gave out hand jobs at frat houses every weekend. 20 years later, I hear she’s happily married and a devoted wife. Damn, I should’ve waited for her to develop.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, Geno was drafted in 2013 and is on his 4th team. He finally got good in what, 2022? 

Sam is also on his 4th team and flamed out in two different starting QB roles before getting an opportunity this year. 

From the perspective of the team that drafted them years ago, they were busts. 

Fair

41 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I agree about the 1 year deal dissuading a head coach from signing but I think they are punting on that until after this “all-in” fiasco. I could se Ulbrich back next year with a new OC and just let AR run the team until they blow it up in 2026. They are stuck in a weird limbo situation. 

This is part of the problem….we keep missing on the 3 most important jobs of a football team: GM + HC + QB. We need some stability, someone who is really good at their job that will hire, attract, develop other talented pieces around building a good football team.

We are constantly in a limbo situation because our house is built with straw. We need at least a strong and smart GM, HC, SOMETHING

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is part of the problem….we keep missing on the 3 most important jobs of a football team: GM + HC + QB. We need some stability, someone who is really good at their job that will hire, attract, develop other talented pieces around building a good football team.

We are constantly in a limbo situation because our house is built with straw. We need at least a strong and smart GM, HC, SOMETHING

Maybe, just maybe, good candidates self-select out of working for Woody. I mean… Belichick was the OG of saying “**** naw” to Woody.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Hey there! You guys have a lot in common!

Screenshot_20241015-192819_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20241015-192731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20241015-192743_Chrome.jpg

I’m one of the more high strung people on the board so take this for what it is worth: you need a lot more chill in your life bro.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m one of the more high strung people on the board so take this for what it is worth: you need a lot more chill in your life bro.

I retired in my 40's and I'm 56.  I'm as chill as you can get, Chief. I'm loving life, minus the COVID I'm recovering from.

34 minutes ago, doitny said:

now i know how Saleh is so hated, once you hate you cant come back.

Lazard is having a good year. leads us in TDs, YPC and catch%. he has had some big catches this year.

And has had drops that cost us games  ... is one of  the league leaders in drops is the definition of a mid talent being force fed..  **** him in the face ....

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Here’s the difference (one of the many actually) between you and me.
I’ve never denied that I was @14 in green. In fact I’m proud to say I was banned for being the first, and continuing  to say what a bum Sam Darnold was while everyone here was saying he’d be our QB the next 15 years.

On the other hand, you’re ashamed of your @Peacesells past.

Now I'm this guy? Dude come on.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

This coming from a guy that wrote 8 pages of posts on a Broncos preseason game. Riiiight.

Did I not say I was one of the more high strung people on this board? Add self awareness to the list of things you can brush up on.

Although, I was on hiatus during pre-season, so probably a different guy.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Did I not say I was one of the more high strung people on this board? Add self awareness to the list of things you can brush up on.

Although, I was on hiatus during pre-season, so probably a different guy.

Nope. The last pre-season game when Slappy played. 

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Sorry, I misspelled it. I fixed it though, Froggy.

I joined this site in 2010. How can I be the guy you say I am?? Better yet, show me anything that supports your bullsh*t claim that I'm that guy. Anything. I give every mod here permission to to "expose" me if I'm who you say I am. @Maxman @slats @Sperm Edwards @The Crusher 

Please expose me if I am who he is claiming I am (I can't can't even keep track of the names he claiming.) Have at it.  It it's not going to happen because I've only been here under this name. Ever. Never banned. 

How about a charity bet. $1,000 says this this the only screen name I've ever had here? I'll donate it to cancer research. @Maxman 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Kicked a bunch of Adams money into the future because the other WRs he paid to bring in weren’t adequate and the WRs he drafted can’t play with the QB he traded for to replace the megabust QB he drafted and now he’ll use the money he saved this year to maybe pay off the LB he traded for in the offseason who never showed up

That's a mouthful @T0mShane. Can we blow this all up now? What a mess.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Joe D has been invisible ... I think he may be a possibility he is already gone....either by his own volition or handshake walk away deal.

Hope I'm wrong ... GM could be way worse.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He’s not required to speak. This isn’t MLB when GMs speak all the time. Woody already said it was his decision to let go of Saleh. JD will speak after the trade deadline like NFL GMs do. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Maybe, just maybe, good candidates self-select out of working for Woody. I mean… Belichick was the OG of saying “**** naw” to Woody.

Yeah you’re not wrong there but I don’t think he is as bad as we think he is. Typically he has given coaches and GMs plenty of time and let them draft their players, and coach their way. If Woody Johnson tells someone like Mike Vrabel “you’re the HC of the team with full personnel control and a sh*t ton of money” I don’t Vrabel or someone like that turns it down.

I’m of the belief that Woody somehow offended BB during the transition from Parcells to BB HC of NYJ fiasco which was right during the lead up to Woody buying the team. Thin-skinned BB never forgot it and then went from probably disliking the guy to absolutely hating him for poaching his BFF in Mangini and then sounding the alarm of Spygate.

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

What disaster?  Adams is effectively on a 1 year deal being paid $960K per game.  So the Jets are on the hook for roughly $10M; 2/3rds cap hit deferred into the dummy years.  

They’ll now look to rip up 2025-2026 and sign him to a realistic extension that might only be 1 year to align with Rodger’s last year.

Trade comp TBD but it doesn’t look egregiously high and has some protections.

The Jets might suck but it likely won’t be because of Rodgers (who played well last night) or Adams.  

This is no an isolated contract. He has pushed multiple contracts cap hits into later years at the same time the young players contracts come up for extensions.

The bill is coming due on a team built for an all in year and we are already 2-4.

Offense will basically need an almost top to bottom rebuild. Team is filled with old vets rhat wint be around long and there's no sustained success model in place. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This is no an isolated contract. He has pushed multiple contracts cap hits into later years at the same time the young players contracts come up for extensions.

The bill is coming due on a team built for an all in year and we are already 2-4.

Offense will basically need an almost top to bottom rebuild.

And by then the salary cap will increase plus Aaron Will be retiring and his $40 million cap hit expires 

The logical leaps and bounds jets fans are making to not want Davante are wild