Coles-1200 yards this year

BigOrangeJetFan

No doubt in my mind that Ramsey is our starting QB this year. Coles had no QB with an arm to get him the ball consistently last year. He becomes Ramsey's main target and gets 1200 yards this year. This will include a number of catches over 20 yards per catch. We will stop moaning as much about trading Santana. Agree?

IMO Coles and Mac get a pass for last years performance.

You can't have 5 different QBs throwing to them in practice and games

and expect consistency.

Although Ramsey did well with Coles one year i agree that if its not

him as long as we get someone it will benefit both these guys.

No one seems to be on the Blaylock bandwagon. Is he lost in all this transition stuff or do the fans not think much of him?

Last year was a waste for him- no playing time and then getting injured- he is a change of pace back IMO

He becomes Ramsey's main target and gets 1200 yards this year.

Starting pretty early with the foolish 1,000 yard predictions, aren't you?

Every year Jet fans proclaim 1 or 2 WR's will have over 1,000.

Then a funny thing happens, the games are played and it never happens.

Coles won't see 1,000 yards this year.

He's not that good.

He's not that good.

You're right.

Its not like Coles ever put up 1,000 yards before unlike Deion Branch....oh wait, nevermind.

You're right.

Its not like Coles ever put up 1,000 yards before unlike Deion Branch....oh wait, nevermind.

Are you that stupid barton?

The Pats will never have a 1,000 yard receiver the way Brady uses 8 or 9 different receivers a game.

BTW, how many Super Bowl MVP awards does Coles have?

You're right.

That is a good point. Just like Haley's Comet, you are bound to be right once every 1000 or so years.

Most say Mangini is cut from the mold of Belichick.

Chances are he will want a balanced offense like the Patriots have and distributing the ball to multiple receivers. Unlike past predictions, the reason COles probably does not reach that figure is more by design this time then lack of talent.

Tex

Didn't Coles get like a 1000 with Ramsey one year? Took like 95 catches, but he did make it. A 5 yard slant and 5 yard run is right up Penny's alley.

of talent.

Tex

Didn't Coles get like a 1000 with Ramsey one year? Took like 95 catches, but he did make it. A 5 yard slant and 5 yard run is right up Penny's alley.

Coles was over 1200 twice once as a Jet and once as a Skin! Both times his receptions were in the 80's..;)

I'm not sure we'll be trying to copy the pats offense,Bellichick and especially Mangini probably had minimum input into weis's offense,i'd expect us to have an offense more like the Chargers than the pats.

I'm expecting a better season from Coles,he's been a bit unlucky in playing in the 31st ranked passing offense two years in a row and has caught passes from 5 different QBs in the last two years.

I think there is a decent chance he could crack the 1000 yard mark but i'd be suprised if he broke the 1200 yard mark.Our QB's just aren't good enought at the moment.

That is a good point. Just like Haley's Comet, you are bound to be right once every 1000 or so years.

Most say Mangini is cut from the mold of Belichick.

Chances are he will want a balanced offense like the Patriots have and distributing the ball to multiple receivers. Unlike past predictions, the reason COles probably does not reach that figure is more by design this time then lack of talent.

Tex

PFSIKH, good to see you're still alive and doing well.

But, I agree with this. Coles did have a 1,000 yard season with Ramsey like I said before they have a connection together like Chad and Coles. Both QB's have had a 1,000 season with Coles when they had him for at least 11 games. Ramsey with 11, Chad with 12.

Coles can get 1000 yards

1200? i dont see that happening

Why not? He's done it twice before, back to back years too. Of course he barely made it, but he did it:

2000 New York Jets 13 3 22 370 16.8 63 1 6 1 16

2001 New York Jets 16 16 59 868 14.7 40 7 14 1 42

2002 New York Jets 16 16 89 1264 14.2 43 5 19 2 67

2003 Washington Redskins 16 16 82 1204 14.7 64 6 21 3 54

2004 Washington Redskins 16 16 90 950 10.6 45 1 10 1 52

2005 New York Jets 16 16 73 845 11.6 43 5 6 1 52

No doubt in my mind that Ramsey is our starting QB this year. Coles had no QB with an arm to get him the ball consistently last year. He becomes Ramsey's main target and gets 1200 yards this year. This will include a number of catches over 20 yards per catch. We will stop moaning as much about trading Santana. Agree?

Coles better put up at least 1200 yards because our other receivers suck.

Coles yards will probably remain down due to his chronic toe problem and NOT due to any emulation of Patriot ball distribution(sorry patsies).

One of the major problems in Washington between the FO and Coles was his not agreeing to surgery as Gibbs and company felt he had lost his separation ability due to the toe.

Coles YAC numbers drop-off indicate that Washington may have been correct.

I don't know about the total yardage, but I always have an expectation of positive yardage when the ball goes Cole's way. He's tough and fiesty and talented--he gets his hands on balls that other guys can't (not unlike Max), and he can catch the fade in the corner, unlike J-mac who's taller and supposedly "more physical". I still say he's a better player than Santana. And I still say Max's "let me just grab those keys out of your front pocket" routine makes it easier to enjoy the moment without feeling completely gay. But perhaps I've gone off-topic.

Coles yards will probably remain down due to his chronic toe problem and NOT due to any emulation of Patriot ball distribution(sorry patsies).

One of the major problems in Washington between the FO and Coles was his not agreeing to surgery as Gibbs and company felt he had lost his separation ability due to the toe.

That was my main complaint. We traded Moss for an injured guy that might never be effective again. And then we gave him a bigger contract. I don't think Coles is a Mangini-type player. Coles will be gone within 2 years, probably along with Chad, although Chad might be back to being a team player with Herm gone.

I don't think Ramsey will start, but if we can have one QB for the season, Coles will do well.

BZ

Same here. If 1 guy makes it through most of the season, the W/Rs will show something. It's really tough when every week, someone else is behind Center.

It will also help to have a better O.Line, which we will.:cheers:

Coles's Toe was not a problem last year,it was something blown out of proportion by skin fans to try and save some face after he wanted out.His low YAC is because he has played with horrible QBs the last few years

• 5 months later...

He's not that good.

Bumpity Bump.....

I don't know about the total yardage, but I always have an expectation of positive yardage when the ball goes Cole's way. He's tough and fiesty and talented--he gets his hands on balls that other guys can't (not unlike Max), and he can catch the fade in the corner, unlike J-mac who's taller and supposedly "more physical". I still say he's a better player than Santana. And I still say Max's "let me just grab those keys out of your front pocket" routine makes it easier to enjoy the moment without feeling completely gay. But perhaps I've gone off-topic.

whatever happened to this guy....friggin hilarious

Leon Washington > Emmitt Smith

Right SJ?

Tx you are such a dumbass. Leon Washington is way better than Emmitt Smith. If you need somebody today who are you going to call?

Emmitt is too busy dancing with the stars. He is washed up. Leon is the way to go.

Archived