Bollinger TRADED to Minnesota

jetsrule128

Jets | Bollinger traded

Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:19:36 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the New York Jets have traded QB Brooks Bollinger to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for DL Ross Kolodziej. The deal will be finalized once both players pass their physicals.

NOT OFFICIAL YET

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jets | Bollinger traded

Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:19:36 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the New York Jets have traded QB Brooks Bollinger to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for DL Ross Kolodziej. The deal will be finalized once both players pass their physicals.

NOT OFFICIAL YET

Is Kolodziej even a real name?

Both are DTs so is one better than the other???

The Jet's were looking at Mosley before 2005's draft....had him in for a visit. Drafted Pouha nixed Mosley. Mosley was a solid hold the fort guy at Mizzou, hard worker. Player is from Mizzou...maybe Brad Smith gave thumbs up.

# 96 C.J. Mosley

Position: DT

Height: 6-2

Weight: 314

Born: 08/06/1983

College: Missouri

NFL Experience: 2

2005 Vikings 12 games 19 tackles 15.0 solo 4 assists and 3 sax

I hope Cimini is right THIS is the guy we need not another NY Giants castoff DE

its nice to know that we are actually getting something for our dead weight and not just letting it go...

...on the other hand i always liked bollinger...he has a chance up their in minnesota...

What exactly are you getting for that dead weight? About an extra 100 lbs. of dead weight?

What exactly are you getting for that dead weight? About an extra 100 lbs. of dead weight?

well its something...its a position of need. instead of waiting and seeing what will hit the market they are going out and getting someone at a position of need for someone who may be cut themselves. its better than what we have seen in the past. thats all.

WOW! We got CJ Mosley + a draft pick for Brooks Bollinger!

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_BollingerTrade83106.html

The Minnesota Vikings have acquired 4th-year QB Brooks Bollinger from the New York Jets in exchange for 2nd-year DT C.J. Mosley and an undisclosed draft choice.

===========

I really liked Mosley coming out of Missourii. He's got talent that is for sure, and he had some good games as a rookie last year. I love this move.

Some teams thought of Mosley as a nose tackle coming out of Missouri. but I bet he could definetly play some 3-4 end too, he is very quick for his size. This has the potential to be a huge steal by the Jets.

:cheers:

If we traded Bolly for Mosley this could be highway robbery, Mosley has a ton of talent and was awesome in college. Im hoping its Mosley, dont know a darn thing about the other Koldleldljj guy.

Mosley was an outstanding player at Mizzou. In 2005's draft the Jets' brought in for visits........Castillo, Mosley and Pouha, so Tanny is aware of Mosley.

DTs generally take a while to develop, and Mosley might fit in very well in our defensive-line rotation. Mosley was projected to be a thrid or fourth rd pick, he slipped to the Vikes in the 6th.

Also, there is a report we got Mosley, plus a draft pick.

Archived