WFAN reports: Cory Lidle on Plane

oxscott

This is truly awful...as much as I hate the uniform he wore...its just a f*cking sport and Cory Lidle was way too young. My prayers are with him and his family.

OH PLEASE. This coming from the guy who was making Thurman Muson pilot school jokes a couple months ago. You're still a complete scumbag.

RIP Cory though. Terrible terrible tragedy.

OH PLEASE. This coming from the guy who was making Thurman Muson pilot school jokes a couple months ago. You're still a complete scumbag.

RIP Cory though. Terrible terrible tragedy.

Dude that pretty weak.

If you believe half of his stuff then you really don't get it.

It's a gimmick. He does it to rile you up.

Think about like this.

He is our version of pro wrestling Triple H

In other words it is an act.

When he pisses you off he is doing his job.

When you get into a real life situation like this you drop the "bad guy" act and you be yourself.

If you really want some bad things go take a look at "that other Jet site" and see some of the stuff there or go take a look at ebay. That is classless.

Think about like this.

When you get into a real life situation like this you drop the "bad guy" act and you be yourself.

If you really want some bad things go take a look at "that other Jet site" and see some of the stuff there or go take a look at ebay. That is classless.

I get jbfs act. But thurman munson jokes are completely crossing the line.

Think about like this.

Dude there's a fine line between trying to get under peoples skin and classless. Using Thurman Munsons untimely death to poke fun at Yankee fans is classless, sorry. If anyone else makes that comment on here, they'd be banned. And its HARD to get banned here. For reasons i dont know, hes got immunity around here.

Im not really sure how Lidle's tragic death is more of a real life situation than Munson's.

Im pretty positive he was alive for Munsons accident.

Im not really sure how Lidle's tragic death is more of a real life situation than Munson's.

Im pretty positive he was alive for Munsons accident.

Yeah and I have seen more than my share of Yankee fans making fun of Ted Williams.

It ridiculous on both sides.

Let it go.

Dude there's a fine line between trying to get under peoples skin and classless. Using Thurman Munsons untimely death to poke fun at Yankee fans is classless, sorry. If anyone else makes that comment on here, they'd be banned. And its HARD to get banned here. For reasons i dont know, hes got immunity around here.

I really hate to go down this road knowing that a gentleman (and a really decent pitcher as well) has not even been dead for one day and we cannot even get through a pseudo-epitaph for Mr. Lidle without infighting among us.

I noticed you neglected to mention the fact that the Thurmond Munson "jokes" were my response to MANY, MANY Ted Williams "jokes" from a number of people who frequent this board...and I knocked them off when Maxman asked me to as he vowed to delete all of the Ted Williams stuff. Congratulations, Matt, in an effort to villify me, you managed to make the Cory Lidle rememberance thread about F*CKING JOKES! Good job.

And Barton, youre the last one to talk around here about crossing any kind of line because you've been addressed thousands of times for your overt racism...so you can eat me!

Is this over now? Can we officially stop talking about f*cking jokes at this point when somebody's husband and father is now dead from a tragic airplane accident?

I noticed you neglected to mention the fact that the Thurmond Munson "jokes" were my response to MANY, MANY Ted Williams "jokes" from a number of people who frequent this board...and I knocked them off when Maxman asked me to as he vowed to delete all of the Ted Williams stuff.

Not for nothing....but Munson dying in a plane crash was tragic. Ted Williams died an old man and his kid had him frozen. No where near being the same thing.

Not for nothing....but Munson dying in a plane crash was tragic. Ted Williams died an old man and his kid had him frozen. No where near being the same thing.

Im not sure what "not for nothing" even means...but disrespecting the dead is disrespecting the dead, be it old age or plane crash. Kinda like what we're doing now be even having this conversation.

Isnt this supposed to be a Cory Lidle rememberance thread?

Im not even sure what your motivation is here smizzy? A baseball rivalry is one thing, but this is real life. Cant you let this one thread go without injecting your nonsense into it? Cant you reserve every other thread for that?

Im really not into the Teddy Ballgame/Thurman Munson thing today. I dont wanna point out that Munson was basically a d!ck and I really dont wanna hear what you think of Ted Williams. I am certainly not into comparing one tragedy to another.

Drop it, guys. Nobody cares about anything anyone said other than this thread's about the death of Lidle. That's all.

Mav...well said...Put down you guns... This is a death of a man we knew as a ball player...A father, a husband, a son, a brother....let the man go in peace.

I think its also important that we do not forget the other victims in this plane crash. We may tend to put Cory Lidle ahead of them bc of his popularity, but still there are a few other people who lost their lives in this tragedy. Let's not overlook them and their families either.

This is truly awful...as much as I hate the uniform he wore...its just a f*cking sport and Cory Lidle was way too young. My prayers are with him and his family.

Well said. Sports are a passion for many of us. This is real life. May the man rest in peace. the best goes out to his wife and son.

Just saw this story about Lidles sense of humor in the post.....funny guy it seems.

Lidle played for seven teams in nine seasons, so he had many former teammates. Peterson coached Lidle in Oakland in 2001-02. Peterson saw Lidle's sense of humor one day when the A's were preparing for a game. Lidle sent his identical twin brother, Kevin, to the bullpen in his uniform to warm up. When Peterson saw his motion, he was baffled. Then Lidle came up behind him to shock him.

Just saw this story about Lidles sense of humor in the post.....funny guy it seems.

Lidle played for seven teams in nine seasons, so he had many former teammates. Peterson coached Lidle in Oakland in 2001-02. Peterson saw Lidle's sense of humor one day when the A's were preparing for a game. Lidle sent his identical twin brother, Kevin, to the bullpen in his uniform to warm up. When Peterson saw his motion, he was baffled. Then Lidle came up behind him to shock him.

Actually Lidle first came up through the Mets organization so he had many ties thoughout many organizations in baseball.

Lets just not talk about anything and it will just go away.

Grow up.

This isn't about class, its about a guy who died, and my post wasn't a joke... If you are the Yankees, there are so many problems created by this -- starting with the fact that your #5 starter is dead. Think about the little kids, they just heard that one of the guys they look up to, a real live ballplayer, crashed into an apartment. Its a little traumatic don't you think?

But you're right. Lets just all say, "I feel bad" and leave it at that. There is nothing else to this is there? It's classless to say anything else, right?

No, it doesnt have to be left at that, but there is a time and a place to talk about his profession and the organization in which he worked. This had turned into a thread for the remembrance and paying respects to the family of a MAN who passed away in a horrible accident. Clauses in contracts and the fact that the yankees #5 starter is dead should not be brought up at a time like this, in a thread like this! Time and a place, have some couth!!!!!

And to think we saw him pitch just days ago and was going to probably end up being our #4 or #5 starter next season.

R.I.P. Cory

I wish the best to his wife & his 6 year old son. I lost my mom at 7, I feel bad for his son.

It's something we will never know, but I doubt that he was coming back to the Yankees in 2007. He wanted a multi-year contract, at higher prices to what he already had ($3 million per) and he was not getting that from the Yankees. Not at age 34, with all the talent in the Farm System.

I'm gonna have to agree with JBF on this one...

:GAG:

Same here.

I understand JBF's motives around here. Stir the pot! Light the fires! Get things hopping around here!!

That's JBF.

But his first post on this thread is also genuine JBF. The "other side" of him that we do not often see around here, but exists.

Archived