Do you think Belichick will jump ship to the Giants in 2007??

BP

Will Belichick jump ship to big blue in 2007??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will Belichick jump ship to big blue in 2007??

There are a lot of reasons to think he is looking to jump ship...but there are also a lot of reasons to think he isn't going to. I'm curious as to how this situation will end up myself. Not sure if it'd be the Giants though. I think the guy hates NY. He probably is getting sick of Boston as well.

I can see him going to indy.

Wow... And i think i hate the giants now...

:P That is funny.

There are a lot of reasons to think he is looking to jump ship...but there are also a lot of reasons to think he isn't going to. I'm curious as to how this situation will end up myself. Not sure if it'd be the Giants though. I think the guy hates NY. He probably is getting sick of Boston as well.

I can see him going to indy.

The one thing everyone is missing in all of this is the ownership situation.

-Belichick was burned by Modell.

-Obviously, Par$ells half-in/half-out exit coupled with Johnson taking over the team doomed his Jets' tenure.

-Kraft and Belichick by all published reports get along great. Kraft is the owner. Belichick the Coach. They way Belichick wants it.

I would never say never, but if Belichick does move on or retires and comesback, it will be to an owner he trusts. Could I see him taking ober the Giants? Yes. Not now, but you never know what the future holds.

Why would you want to ANYONE want to coach that group of clowns ?

Forget BB. I don't think Herm or Dennis Green would take that job right now. The Giants are a complete and utter mess ?

There is some talent there don't get me wrong but the whole atmosphere around that team has to change.

Why would you want to ANYONE want to coach that group of clowns ?

Forget BB. I don't think Herm or Dennis Green would take that job right now. The Giants are a complete and utter mess ?

There is some talent there don't get me wrong but the whole atmosphere around that team has to change.

Belichick would be perfect.

Coughlin is a discplinarian, but he was run out of Jax and is hanging on by a thread in NY.

Belichcik would have 5 rings for the team to look at. Plus, Belichick does not hang his guys out like Coughlin has done in the press the last two weeks. I am sure alot of the malcontents would be gone before the next season kicked off and the ones that remain would be told to STFU.

The Mara family, even if they started off bookmakers, aren't going to buy into a guy getting it at the office while thw wife and kids are at home. They passed over Bellichick once, and it didn't make much sense. Well Mara and Young both hated him, possibly due to the Shennoca mess. Cannot see them buying into it now. More likely they'd lure Parcells back to run the show(unlikely) or offer Greg Schiano the chance to coach. There was an article last week that one of the Maras, a QB for Iona Prep, is about to sign with Rutgers. Don't think it's a coincidence.

If the Giants knew they were going to go all out to draft a QB in the 2004 draft they should have waited out for Charlie Weiss, not some old school disciplinarian. Coughlin came to the Giants with solid credentials, but I am utterly shocked at how a coach from the Parcells coaching tree is just so bad at managing games. Seriously, Coughlin is Herm-lite when it comes to managing a clock.

I could see Belly's ego trip taking a turn into Giants Stadium...absolutely. However, if coughlin doesn't make the playoffs this year, I can even see Parcells coming back to the Giants. Wasn't that what Parcells did to the Paties?

I don't really see any reason why he would ever want to leave unless he just got bored. He has an owner who basically gives him free reign on the team, no reason for a coach not to like that.

Simply because he is classless and has a huge ego. Don't try to rhyme or reason when it comes to someone with an ego that big. He'll move simply to try to save face. His dynasty is a shell of the team he coached in previous years with no hope of winning another Superbowl. He'll move to a team that's in shambles like the Giants that will respect that its front office sought to replace its lame coach with someone "respectable".

Wow... And i think i hate the giants now...

I gotta admit I really don't like this Giants team with all the jump shot hot dogging after sacks and players throwing each other under the proverbial bus and add to that how they always seem to get the back page before the Jets

I'll add some wood to the fire:

Charlie Wiess was at the Pats game yesterday. On the sidelines. Is it coincidence that the Patriots decided to incorporate their bread and butter screen play into the offense yesterday? I think not. Why is BB so mad at The Penguin? Why is there a rumor that Weiss has a special clause in his ND contract that says if one particular team requests his services as HC - he can bolt ND without any damages? Of course, this is speculative rumor, but it is out there. I think BB stays for one more year.....I think that was the plan all along. Groom Mangini for the head job. Mangini bolted to the hated Jets. Weiss nosing around the Pats ..... he has a very close relationship with Brady (Tom, not Quinn ;) ). BB's dad died last year. One realizes their own mortality and perhaps what is really important in life.

Makes you wonder.....

I'll add some wood to the fire:

Charlie Wiess was at the Pats game yesterday. On the sidelines. Is it coincidence that the Patriots decided to incorporate their bread and butter screen play into the offense yesterday? I think not. Why is BB so mad at The Penguin? Why is there a rumor that Weiss has a special clause in his ND contract that says if one particular team requests his services as HC - he can bolt ND without any damages? Of course, this is speculative rumor, but it is out there. I think BB stays for one more year.....I think that was the plan all along. Groom Mangini for the head job. Mangini bolted to the hated Jets. Weiss nosing around the Pats ..... he has a very close relationship with Brady (Tom, not Quinn ;) ). BB's dad died last year. One realizes their own mortality and perhaps what is really important in life.

Makes you wonder.....

It makes one wonder only whether someone as classless as BB has ever THOUGHT about his "own morality and perhaps what is really important in life."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived