2007 NFL FREE AGENTS WORTH A LOOK

GREENLANTERN

A WISH LIST ON MY PART TELL ME WHO YOU THINK OF THESE GUYS WE CAN GET WITH THE SALARY CAP ALSO WHAT IS THE EXACT # WE ARE UNDER THE CAP FOR 07? AND GOD BLESS MIKE TANNENBAUM FOR THE JETS HAVING THE MOST CAP ROOM IN 07! THANKS LANTERN

DL

DWIGHT FREENEY

JARED ALLEN

TERDELL SANDS

VONNIE HOLLIDAY

OL

LEONARD DAVIS

MAX STARKS

DERRICK DOCKERY

RB

MICHAEL TURNER

LB

ADALIUS THOMAS

LONDON FLETCHER

CB

ASANTE SAMUEL

NATE CLEMENTS

TE

TONY GONZALEZ

Here would be who I would want to look at off that list

DL

DWIGHT FREENEY - too small

JARED ALLEN - too small

TERDELL SANDS - 335lbs I think, big enough for NT

VONNIE HOLLIDAY - too small

OL

LEONARD DAVIS - we need o-line help on the right side bad... all 3

MAX STARKS

DERRICK DOCKERY

RB

MICHAEL TURNER - if he can be our pounding #1

LB

ADALIUS THOMAS - plays with the ravens D and starts... must be pretty good

LONDON FLETCHER - too old

CB

ASANTE SAMUEL - yes please

NATE CLEMENTS - ehh

TE

TONY GONZALEZ

I think having a guy like Tony Gonzalez would help Chad a lot. He is has sure hands and would be a great option for him underneath for short passes. Turner will surely be on the market and I have seen him play quite a bit here in SD. He would make an excellent number 1 back for us, and Washington could be used in certain situations.

I think having a guy like Tony Gonzalez would help Chad a lot. He is has sure hands and would be a great option for him underneath for short passes. Turner will surely be on the market and I have seen him play quite a bit here in SD. He would make an excellent number 1 back for us, and Washington could be used in certain situations.

Bigtime help and would finally solve our te problem. But I agree with the majority the lines need serious attention.

Buddy you should have just called this thread the wish list. Before we even think about free agents we have to remember we have between 26-28 million dollars to spend. This isnt baseball where theres no salary cap. I firmly believe we would be nothing less than wrong if we thought we were realistically signing more than 2-3 of those players your naming. Besides, based on his body of work in the 06 draft and just the overall brilliance he brings to our franchise im kind of excited to see what hes going to pull of in the 07 draft

Buddy you should have just called this thread the wish list. Before we even think about free agents we have to remember we have between 26-28 million dollars to spend. This isnt baseball where theres no salary cap. I firmly believe we would be nothing less than wrong if we thought we were realistically signing more than 2-3 of those players your naming. Besides, based on his body of work in the 06 draft and just the overall brilliance he brings to our franchise im kind of excited to see what hes going to pull of in the 07 draft

true but in free agency you are getting a known talent

But like I said we only have so much money we can spend, not to mention Woody Johnson isn't known for being the George Steinbrenner of football, we can't sign 6 free agents its not going to happen

Not to mention there are 31 other teams to compete with, its not like we can have whichever ones we want. I am sure there are plenty of them that don't want to play for the Jets.

For the guys saying Tony G...Baker is a big time TE if used properly. He has great hands and is a tremendous blocker.

Tremendous? Please try to maintain some level of credibility. Baker is a decent TE, but there is a huge difference between guys that can catch and top flight receiving TEs like Gonzalez and Gates. Personally, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere and look for a mid-level receiving type TE. Sort of a Barkum/Caster or LJ Smith type. I think that could really help this O.

A WISH LIST ON MY PART TELL ME WHO YOU THINK OF THESE GUYS WE CAN GET WITH THE SALARY CAP ALSO WHAT IS THE EXACT # WE ARE UNDER THE CAP FOR 07? AND GOD BLESS MIKE TANNENBAUM FOR THE JETS HAVING THE MOST CAP ROOM IN 07! THANKS LANTERN

DL

DWIGHT FREENEY

JARED ALLEN

TERDELL SANDS

VONNIE HOLLIDAY

OL

LEONARD DAVIS

MAX STARKS

DERRICK DOCKERY

RB

MICHAEL TURNER

LB

ADALIUS THOMAS

LONDON FLETCHER

CB

ASANTE SAMUEL

NATE CLEMENTS

TE

TONY GONZALEZ

hot damn lets buy these 2

Guys you can forget about Gonzalez KC slapping the franchise tag on him. As for FA we have to get one of the CB`s.

Forget TG (who will be 31 next month), concentrate on improving this defense.

If Mangini keeps with the "Patriots blueprint" I dont see the Jets making a huge splash in free agency. Plus there are an unusal high number of teams with huge cap space.

That said, I still think we should target Nate Clements and land him..even if we have to pay a little extra. We had a great 2006 draft. Landing a real impact player in free agency would set us up nicely as we approach the 2007 draft.

Tremendous? Please try to maintain some level of credibility. Baker is a decent TE, but there is a huge difference between guys that can catch and top flight receiving TEs like Gonzalez and Gates. Personally, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere and look for a mid-level receiving type TE. Sort of a Barkum/Caster or LJ Smith type. I think that could really help this O.

Baker has consistently shown that he is a good blocking TE.

He has also shown that he damn near catches anything thrown his way.

Difference? TG catches 70-80 balls a year..Baker 30. He is not involved in the gameplan as he should be.

Tony Gonzalez and Asante Samuel are both going to be looking for a huge payday... which is fine for the Jets, as Mangenious mentioned, the Jets have between 26 and 28 mill to blow on players. So... getting one top flight FA is not a problem, provided the Franchise tag isn't placed on anyone. The way I figure it, the Jets need at least one more road grading guard, an intense OLB who can play inside in a 3/4, and a NT who can take up two or three guys on a down. And remember... while big is good, that doesn't mean he'll be great. I'm up for anyone who can help this team stop the run and improve the running game.

Archived