The Buffalo game in which Chad Pennington got hurt

BoomBoomMancini

No, I am pretty sure Bill Parcells was never dumb enough to give the opposing team the ball to start both halves.

He did. It happened at the Meadowlands. Forget which year but I remember thinking -- wow he knows a lot more about this stadium then I do!

Parcells may have actually did in the 86 NFC Championship. The wind was really bad that day and I remember them deciding to take the wind. That way if the game was close they would have the wind to their backs.

I don't remember though if the Skins had to ball to start both halves.

Wait, what game Pennington got hurt? Last year? Because last year he was hurt against the Jags.

What season hasn't Pennington been hurt in since 2002? He's been hurt in every one, missed games in 3 straight, was lucky he didn't miss any time except for a few plays in 06. Sure enough his noodle arm will fall off in 2007. I hate Pittsburgh but that could be the day Troy Polamalu says hello and goodbye to that shoulder for good.

START KELLEN CLEMENS!

I remember Parcells doing that with the Jets and the Giants as well.

It wasn't so much that he elected to kickoff as it was that he elected to chose which goal to defend, due to the wind conditions.

In the second half, the loser of the coin toss gets to chose whether to receive or or defend a goal.

It doesn't happen very often and when it does it is usually in an overtime coin toss.

Well, here's the rule:

Digest of Rules

Coin Toss

1. The toss of coin will take place within three minutes of kickoff in center of field. The toss will be called by the visiting captain before the coin is flipped. The winner may choose one of two privileges and the loser gets the other:

(a) Receive or kick

(B) Goal his team will defend 2. Immediately prior to the start of the second half, the captains of both teams must inform the officials of their respective choices. The loser of the original coin toss gets first choice.

It seems odd that you'd not want the ball either half, but I guess it does happen.

What season hasn't Pennington been hurt in since 2002? He's been hurt in every one, missed games in 3 straight, was lucky he didn't miss any time except for a few plays in 06. Sure enough his noodle arm will fall off in 2007. I hate Pittsburgh but that could be the day Troy Polamalu says hello and goodbye to that shoulder for good.

START KELLEN CLEMENS!

Now I have seen it all, a Jet fan rooting for Jets to get injured?

Archived