Take your pick at RB- Thomas Jones, Dominic Rhodes, or Micheal Turner for the Jets?

D-MONEY87

They're not really equal, considering Turner will cost us a first-round player as well.

Jones is the safest choice of the three (at least for a year or two), but after being the major catalyst on their offense en route to the superbowl, why on earth would Chicago release or trade their starting HB? His salary next year is $2.25M.

Rhodes should be fairly cheap, but we don't have cap problems.

Well out of

Ahman Green

Julius Jones

Clinton Portis

Thomas Jones

Dominic Rhodes

Micheal Turner

who would be best for us?

Out of that list, I'd take Julius Jones.

When the guy is on the field, he's a beast. It shouldn't cost any more than a 3rd round pick to acquire him and it was already reported that we tried to trade for him on draft day last year.

Dominic Rhodes is a UFA and should pair up nicely with Leon Washington.

Rhodes is terrible

He is the same age as barlow, accomplished the same or less, and is smaller....

Please explain to me how you think Rhodes is good at all...

what's going on???You guys spend weeks turning me from an ignoramus on the subject to a diehard Michael Turner advocate with one picture as a sig and his three year stat line,which by the way,Is as impressive as I've EVER seen,EVER.

Not one fluke year,not two fluke years,but three straight years,this guy averages 6 yards a carry!!!!excuse me???

an the answer to why isn't he starting is pretty obvious.

He's 235 pounds.

in the late second or third,show me a running back in the draft who is guarenteed to get 6 yards in the NFL everytime he touches the ball!!!

Screw Rhodes,he's your typical Larry Brown,Desmond Howard,(or that guy from super bowl 1 who was drunk,lol) flash in the SB,sucks!.

The rest are old and we've seen what they could all do when starting,mediocrity.

Turner's young and,who the heck knows!!!!!!!!!

The draft is a crap shoot,right?Well,I'll roll the dice gladly on a late second/third rounder with three years of 6 ypc under his belt.

Put it all on 7's,baby!!!!!!!!

what a perfect compliment to Neon Leon!!

Since it seems those who schooled me are now MIA,I shall lead the charge,

Michael "the Burner" Turner!! or

M-"ike" Turner!!

what's going on???You guys spend weeks turning me from an ignoramus on the subject to a diehard Michael Turner advocate with one picture as a sig and his three year stat line,which by the way,Is as impressive as I've EVER seen,EVER.

Not one fluke year,not two fluke years,but three straight years,this guy averages 6 yards a carry!!!!excuse me???

an the answer to why isn't he starting is pretty obvious.

He's 235 pounds.

in the late second or third,show me a running back in the draft who is guarenteed to get 6 yards in the NFL everytime he touches the ball!!!

Screw Rhodes,he's your typical Larry Brown,Desmond Howard,(or that guy from super bowl 1 who was drunk,lol) flash in the SB,sucks!.

The rest are old and we've seen what they could all do when starting,mediocrity.

Turner's young and,who the heck knows!!!!!!!!!

The draft is a crap shoot,right?Well,I'll roll the dice gladly on a late second/third rounder with three years of 6 ypc under his belt.

Put it all on 7's,baby!!!!!!!!

what a perfect compliment to Neon Leon!!

Since it seems those who schooled me are now MIA,I shall lead the charge,

Michael "the Burner" Turner!! or

M-"ike" Turner!!

Turner is not garaunteed 6 YPC with us. It's a completely different situation than the one he is in now. Also, he will cost more than a late 2nd or 3rd round pick. The best we could do would probably be Washington's 2nd rounder.

Portis and Jones are still young and have shown a lot more than mediocrity.

Out of that list I'd probably want Portis first followed by Turner then Jones.

Wow lance, Rhodes has done a great job backing up edge and then taking the job for himself and then sharing time with addai. Where are you getting your info from. He has been productive back as any out there. Has he been more productive then Turner no. But he does have more carries and I think that is what the big debate is. Can turner carry a full load and still have 6 yard average per carry? If you think he will you are crazy. No way that is happening. Now before you say I'm hating on Turner just hold your horses. I do think that Turner can be a very good back. The thing is I don't want to give up a 1st round pick for someone when we can bring in Rhodes and it won't cost us any draft picks. Can Rhodes be as productive as Turner? I think yes.

whenever LT came out for a break, the defense went into nickel. mangold's sister could've gotten 5 ypc in those situations. not saying turner isn't it. just saying he'll cost a first, someone will overpay-- if not the jets than someone else. i agree with stop gap. i hope tangini doesn't get a big head, thinking they're football geniuses. stick to the plan fellas. build the line, don't blow your wad on one big time pickup and focus. we're not the redskins here. we're built in the patroit model. build the trenches, get guys who play their roles well, and DO NOT OVERPAY, EVER NEVER, and underpay when you can (i.e. Brady this year).

Wow lance, Rhodes has done a great job backing up edge and then taking the job for himself and then sharing time with addai. Where are you getting your info from. He has been productive back as any out there. Has he been more productive then Turner no. But he does have more carries and I think that is what the big debate is. Can turner carry a full load and still have 6 yard average per carry? If you think he will you are crazy. No way that is happening. Now before you say I'm hating on Turner just hold your horses. I do think that Turner can be a very good back. The thing is I don't want to give up a 1st round pick for someone when we can bring in Rhodes and it won't cost us any draft picks. Can Rhodes be as productive as Turner? I think yes.

If we were to get Turner, I never would have thought he would still have 6 ypc after becoming a full time back for us. He may still have a really good ypc like around 4.5 iafter next season with us. Can Rhodes be as productive as Turner? I dont think so. We've always known Indy has a great o-line, so if thats the case, how come his avg ypc is only 3.4 while Turners is a crazy 6?

Rhodes was a starter in '01 and ever since then hes been sharing carries.

I agree hoping that Rhodes probably isn't going to be as good as turner. I just think he can be close and won't cost the first round pic.

True, its a tough choice. Sometimes I think about it as if comparing Rhodes and Turner to a BMW and a Maserati (BMW=Rhodes, Maserati=Turner). Their both not gonna be cheap and they will put a hole in our pockets. Both have speed, the Maserati is obviously faster, but the Maserati is also a sexier choice and may get you to your destination (Super Bowl) faster.

Well out of

Ahman Green

Julius Jones

Clinton Portis

Thomas Jones

Dominic Rhodes

Micheal Turner

who would be best for us?

Michael Turner - will be a good-very good back but will cost us a first rounder that we'd probably be better off using on a defensive player or trading up for a QB.

Julius Jones - injury prone and I don't know if Dallas wants to trade this guy.

Clinton Portis - nice resume but will cost us a couple draft picks including a first rounder and has only 3-4 good years left.

Thomas Jones - pretty good back but will cost us a pick plus I don't know if Chicago wants to get rid of him so easily.

Rhodes - product of the Indy system. Ron Dayne would put up good numbers with Manning spreading out the field like that. Would not spend money on him.

Ahman Green - had a contract year so he'll be expecting a payday. Has 1-2 good years left if he isn't finished already.

I'll offer two guys who may very well end up getting cut:

Jamal Lewis - has some mileage on him and he moonlights as a street pharmacist but he's still a good power back. Wouldn't give him anything more than a 2 year deal for reasonable money.

Lamont Jordan - rumor is Oakland is cutting him and he was a good RB here. Team him up with Washington in the backfield and they could provide a good 1-2 punch plus he won't cost us anything.

Lamont Jordan - rumor is Oakland is cutting him and he was a good RB here. Team him up with Washington in the backfield and they could provide a good 1-2 punch plus he won't cost us anything.

Isnt he getting paid crazy amounts of $$$? This is probably wrong but foxsports claims hes making $7.5 mil. If Raiders cut him, what does that mean wed have to pay him?

Im just asking because I think Jordan would be a good prospect for us too. I really wouldn't mind having him back in green and white. Our o-line is nothing like Oaklands and he'd be much more successful here.

Those guys won't get anywhere behind our OL. We need to get 2 G's and replace Clement first.

By two gaurds do you mean 1st and 2nd round? I am thinking our 1st Second round choice should be as good a guard as we can get. Play him at RG if he's ready, and pick a LG later in the draft and hope he can take over for Kendal in a year or two.

I really hope we can get rid of CLement.... He blows.

FIRST ROUND RT!!!

Isnt he getting paid crazy amounts of $$$? This is probably wrong but foxsports claims hes making $7.5 mil. If Raiders cut him, what does that mean wed have to pay him?

Im just asking because I think Jordan would be a good prospect for us too. I really wouldn't mind having him back in green and white. Our o-line is nothing like Oaklands and he'd be much more successful here.

What would we have to pay Lamont Jordan? Probably nothing. He'll have been cut after having a bad statistical season on an awful team.

If lynch falls to us on draft day I say pick him. If not we need to go DE or OG (Blalock might fall to us in the second though). Then with the second pick we take Irons (which I'm not fond of people have a hard on for him), Bush (But people like Trolly think he is a shelton clone), or Hunt (which I think is going to be just as good as the backs we already have). So then we need to look at what is left on the draft board and see who dropped. Who wants to trade up. Or if we can trade up. With the first three picks I say DE, RB, OG, not in any order. Just which ever is the top rated one at that pick. Provided of course if we can get a top notch cb in f.a. Anyone else's head hurt right about now???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Archived