What are u listening to right now?

3 minutes ago, JagsFanJif said:

Yes, he's a ridiculous talent. 

Not familiar w/ The Q.

The Phil Lesh Quintet.  

Phil Lesh, Warren Haynes, Jimmy Herring, John Molo and Rob Barraco.

They don't play very often and tickets get very expensive.  I saw them like 10 years ago and they were great.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Phil Lesh Quintet.  

Phil Lesh, Warren Haynes, Jimmy Herring, John Molo and Rob Barraco.

They don't play very often and tickets get very expensive.  I saw them like 10 years ago and they were great.

Oh yeah got it.  Didn’t know them as The Q.

Back in the early 2000s they Alman Bros did a few tours with the Phil and Friends and the The Dead.   Molo and Barraco were there, Jimmy and Warren playing with both bands at times as well as Derek Trucks, which was IMO where he really began to come into his own.  Not that he wasn’t great but in that setting for those years really pushed him.

Those were awesome tours.  Saw like 5 on each.  Rented an RV and did the southern leg.  It was rad.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JagsFanJif said:

Never seen this, very cool, what a funky rendition. 

Goose is one of my favorite bands these days, hoping for a long happy career for them to fill my personal jam band show-going needs.

Billy Strings (good on ya for the Pink Floyd cover above btw!) is another.

So mad I had to work a rare weekend yesterday, or I'd have been at Goosemas in Hampton Roads VA Friday and Saturday :(  Damn responsibility.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Goose is one of my favorite bands these days, hoping for a long happy career for them to fill my personal jam band show-going needs.

Billy Strings (good on ya for the Pink Floyd cover above btw!) is another.

So mad I had to work a rare weekend yesterday, or I'd have been at Goosemas in Hampton Roads VA Friday and Saturday :(  Damn responsibility.

Goose is great.  The jam band scene needed some new blood, IMO and I think Goose really filled that void well.  I love Panic and think w/ the way Jimmy Herring is playing these days, they are the best version of themselves that they've ever been but still, need a little something new too.  I did get to see The Dead and Friends on this last tour and that was fantastic, not quite the tempo I like to digest my Grateful Dead songs but I grew an appreciation for John Mayer that I didnt have prior to joining Bobby and the boys, so kind of curious what his next steps are after playing the role of Jerry.

Billy does a 3 night run in St. Augustine, 30 minute drive from here every year, so I've seen quite a bit.  Dude is an incredible talent.  I like a Blue Grass song or 2, but hard to listen to a entire album or show for me...Strings is the exception.  Still waiting for the Derek Trucks invite but shockingly hasnt happened in his backyard!  lol

• Post of the Week 1