What are u listening to right now?

So I'm considering going to one of those concerts than only 60+ bother to attend.  Foreigner/Styx.   I wouldn't go unless Mick Jones is there for Foreigner (he will be, we are told) because IMO, he IS Foreigner. The replacement singer is as good as the original.  And then there is the soap opera called Styx.  Dennis DeYoung long gone (never liked him anyway). Band torn apart with him and the Kilroy Was Here disaster.  Great interview below.  No love lost for Dennis DeYoung.  As long as Shaw, James Young and Gowan are there, it is Styx.  And I hope they play nothing from Kilroy.  Not even Mr. Roboto.  

So I'm considering going to one of those concerts than only 60+ bother to attend.  Foreigner/Styx.   I wouldn't go unless Mick Jones is there for Foreigner (he will be, we are told) because IMO, he IS Foreigner. The replacement singer is as good as the original.  And then there is the soap opera called Styx.  Dennis DeYoung long gone (never liked him anyway). Band torn apart with him and the Kilroy Was Here disaster.  Great interview below.  No love lost for Dennis DeYoung.  As long as Shaw, James Young and Gowan are there, it is Styx.  And I hope they play nothing from Kilroy.  Not even Mr. Roboto.  

Suite Madame Blue, Grand Illusion,
Come Sail Away, and The Best of Times are a few of my favorite Styx songs. To me it isn't Styx without him.

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Some of those runs he was chipping off were amazing and what I like about his style is it's tasty, he'll chop off a nice riff and then stretch out one note at the end which gives the listeners a chance to say WHOA. I'm gonna send you a link here to my YouTube page. I have over 600 songs on it originals, covers, live and studio stuff

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Some of those runs he was chipping off were amazing and what I like about his style is it's tasty, he'll chop off a nice riff and then stretch out one note at the end which gives the listeners a chance to say WHOA. I'm gonna send you a link here to my YouTube page. I have over 600 songs on it originals, covers, live and studio stuff

Really nice work, SoFlaJets!  My man can both play guitar and sing (and do both at the same time very well)!

On 2/6/2024 at 8:02 AM, Dcat said:

Tom Jones w/CSNY.  He's actually not bad. @CSNY

Thank you Dcat for thinking of me. Yes I’ve seen this before but feel that Tom Jones was really out of his element in singing that song. Just can’t get the image of him singing “. What’s New Pussycat “ or She’s a Lady out of my head 

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2023 at 12:16 PM, JustInFudge said:

That said been on a bit of a kick since that interview:

I always loved this song but I feel like it's somewhat of a "deep cut".  Have you ever heard the 1975 CBS demos?  Great version of the song here (the xylophone really adds something, imo) but you should check the whole album out (it's on YouTube).

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2020 at 2:50 PM, JustInFudge said:

I'm a HUGE Talking Heads fans, love David Byrne.  American Utopia on HBO is awesome. Check it out. 

Just a sample;

I feel like this is a bit Zappa-esque.  Are you a fan of him at all?  I like a lot of the instrumentals.  Check out "Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar" (both the song and the entire album).  Outstanding stuff!

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2024 at 11:28 AM, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Thats me in 2012, at the arena under a VIP pass. I watched the stage get built, got to have a meal with Geddy and Alex before the show etc…. My buddy/client is a PGA pro and Alex took lessons from him.  Im standing on the stage in front of Neals kit before the show.  

sdc12095.jpeg

sdc12118.jpeg

• Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I always loved this song but I feel like it's somewhat of a "deep cut".  Have you ever heard the 1975 CBS demos?  Great version of the song here (the xylophone really adds something, imo) but you should check the whole album out (it's on YouTube).

I have not heard these, I will check this out.  I love this version.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Listened to Billy Strings for the first time today. Absolutely love the part from 8:30-14.

He's a talent, that's for sure.  I can only take so much Blue Grass but he's a little different.  

• Upvote 1