What are u listening to right now?

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Erlier this week.  No music.  How many of you went to CBGB's?  

I could only dream of seeing these dudes at CBGB's, never even got to see them live.  Top 10 all favorite band for me, easily, so sucks for sure.  I did get to catch Byrne a handful of times, which was amazing and unique and brilliant each time.

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Erlier this week.  No music.  How many of you went to CBGB's?  

Good interview.  Thanks for posting.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I could only dream of seeing these dudes at CBGB's, never even got to see them live.  Top 10 all favorite band for me, easily, so sucks for sure.  I did get to catch Byrne a handful of times, which was amazing and unique and brilliant each time.

Saw them at Forest HIlls in the early 80s.  Was really hoping they would announce a reunion tour with all of this Stop Making Sense Anniversary talk.  But unfortunately, it does not seem to be in the cards.  But it is nice to see the 4 of them together even if it is just for talk shows and interviews.  I guess too much history for them to want to get back together to perform.

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2023 at 1:57 PM, Lith said:

Watched a biopic on Hendrix earlier this week and have been listening to a ton of his stuff ever since.  This is one of his last performances, couple of weeks before he died.

I had a Hendrix phase in my early 20s where I listened to him every freaking day. When the radio one CD came out I listened to it start to finish in one go and couldn’t believe the radio one jingle it was so heavy and it was more of less a gag he just made up for fun. Just otherworldly talent. The track on that record that kills me is hear my train a comin’. It was around Christmas and there were people hanging around the studio you can hear on track and it’s just like yes, inject this into my veins 

IMG_7682.jpeg

• Upvote 1

@JiF I'm not super familiar with this band but I've heard a few of their songs and I find them to be interesting.  Not sure if this is the best one of their songs to recommend (again, I'm new to them) but I'd still like your opinion (even though you're wrong about Orange Juice and Zach Wilson :) )

58 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@JiF I'm not super familiar with this band but I've heard a few of their songs and I find them to be interesting.  Not sure if this is the best one of their songs to recommend (again, I'm new to them) but I'd still like your opinion (even though you're wrong about Orange Juice and Zach Wilson :) )

Instrumentals were cool, neat change, fun groove, kind of cool, definitely didnt hate but definitely will never listen to it again or any real desire to hear more and wtf was that scream at the end of the song? 

• Haha 1