What are u listening to right now?

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel like this is a bit Zappa-esque.  Are you a fan of him at all?  I like a lot of the instrumentals.  Check out "Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar" (both the song and the entire album).  Outstanding stuff!

Dudes amazing.  I dont appreciate all his work but like you some of his instrumentals are unreal, and yes, I love this album/song.

It's funny, his tone and approach, very similar someone we've chatted about before, Jimmy Herring.  Never really heard it till just now, at right around 1:30 on this track, I was like, waiting a minute...

the solo Jimmy starts at around the 3 minute mark turns, at some point almost sound like the same guitar 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Thats me in 2012, at the arena under a VIP pass. I watched the stage get built, got to have a meal with Geddy and Alex before the show etc…. My buddy/client is a PGA pro and Alex took lessons from him.  Im standing on the stage in front of Neals kit before the show.  

sdc12095.jpeg

sdc12118.jpeg

Damn that's sharing. Lucky. I never had the opportunity to see them live. Life, work or something always got in the way. I've seen plenty of their performances online and damn. Now there was interesting rumor floating around. Supposedly Paul McCartney suggested that Geddy and Alex do some shows with, drum roll, Dave Grohl. I know the odds of that are slim to none. But Dave could definitely hit it hard like Neal did. Thanks again for aharing.

14 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Damn that's sharing. Lucky. I never had the opportunity to see them live. Life, work or something always got in the way. I've seen plenty of their performances online and damn. Now there was interesting rumor floating around. Supposedly Paul McCartney suggested that Geddy and Alex do some shows with, drum roll, Dave Grohl. I know the odds of that are slim to none. But Dave could definitely hit it hard like Neal did. Thanks again for aharing.

Ive seen them 10 times or so and yes, Grohl inducted RUSH into the R and R HOF.  Watch Beyond the lighted stage… a video on RUSH.  It’s quite good.  

• Upvote 1

Danny Carey from Tool would be a much better replacement.