Moustache March

Mavrik

So me and my roommates have decided for the hell of it that we are going to have a moustache competition to see who can grow the best stache. Starting today, can't cut the stache until the end of March. One of my roommates went from having a beard big enough to look like a Greek God to having a nice Fu Manchu going.

I like to affectionally call it the "Who can look like Bob competition."

Sounds stupid. I know. But we usually have fun with dumb s*** like this.

That's pretty funny, me and one of my friends down here are having a competition to see who can grow the best dirt stache. Of course he hasn't shaved his in a few months and I've only been going for a couple weeks, but I think I'm gonna win. :)

cool

so how was mardi gras?

Great time. Got there Friday night around 10, stayed on Bourbon Street from about 12 to 6 am. Then spent saturday at the Endimyon parade and then hit up some restaurants and blues bars. There was one bar we went to called the Funky Pirate which was a good time. Featured a 400 lb. Blues singer named "Big Al". For a guy as big as he was, had an amazing voice. Good times.

Only downers of the trip was that some of my friend's acquaintences in New Orleans were D-Bags and somehow Taylor Hicks was made Grand Marshal. Besides that annoying Ford Commercial, what the hell has this guy done?

So me and my roommates have decided for the hell of it that we are going to have a moustache competition to see who can grow the best stache. Starting today, can't cut the stache until the end of March. One of my roommates went from having a beard big enough to look like a Greek God to having a nice Fu Manchu going.

I like to affectionally call it the "Who can look like Bob competition."

Sounds stupid. I know. But we usually have fun with dumb s*** like this.

There's no such thing as a nice Fu Manchu.

I'm in. Just name the terms and conditions.

Alright, well I guess if I'm applying the "rules" (I guess you would call them that) that me and my roommates are going by. I guess these would be the ground rules:

1. can't have a beard, has to be moustache and moustache only. Sideburns or Muttons are fine.

2. Any style of moustache is acceptable and creativity is encouraged. If I could get the whole moustache to sideburn Civil War era stache going I would do it in a hearbeat.

3.This may be up for debate because I know you a lot of people have jobs and rules and s***. One of our rules is that you can't cut it until March 31st. It takes my roommate a lot longer to grow a stache' out than me and my other roommate, so he needs more time, but I think some sort of time limit should be set. But I say one month.

4. At the end of March, everyone post a picture in this thread of their staches and let posters decides who has the best stache'. Maybe make categories for best creativity, biggest stache, best overall stache, etc etc.

Alright, well I guess if I'm applying the "rules" (I guess you would call them that) that me and my roommates are going by. I guess these would be the ground rules:

1. can't have a beard, has to be moustache and moustache only. Sideburns or Muttons are fine.

2. Any style of moustache is acceptable and creativity is encouraged. If I could get the whole moustache to sideburn Civil War era stache going I would do it in a hearbeat.

3.This may be up for debate because I know you a lot of people have jobs and rules and s***. One of our rules is that you can't cut it until March 31st. It takes my roommate a lot longer to grow a stache' out than me and my other roommate, so he needs more time, but I think some sort of time limit should be set. But I say one month.

4. At the end of March, everyone post a picture in this thread of their staches and let posters decides who has the best stache'. Maybe make categories for best creativity, biggest stache, best overall stache, etc etc.

Sounds good.

Do we need a "before picture" to prove that guys aren't cheating?

There could be a slob out there who hasn't shaved in a week. That gives him a head start.

Sounds good.

Do we need a "before picture" to prove that guys aren't cheating?

There could be a slob out there who hasn't shaved in a week. That gives him a head start.

Nah. I'll stick to the honor code with these one. If you have some stuble where your stache is that's not that big a deal and I'd say if you've also got a thin moustache that's fine too. Obviously someone who hasn't shaved in like 3 weeks we'll want to cut it if they're going to participate. I've already got about a week's worth in on mine only because it takes a little longer for my stache to grow in and that was one of the rules my roommates established.

This should be fun. The 1st Annual JN Moustache March!! :character0050:

For the record, let's figure out who's actually agreeing to this besides myself, Gainzo, and I guess 124? Moustaches and Cops go together like fat kids and twinkies so I think GOB needs to officially enter himself into this competition.

So me and my roommates have decided for the hell of it that we are going to have a moustache competition to see who can grow the best stache.

Sounds cool. I had a goatee when they were cool in the 90's. Couldn't get past the whole smells-like-soup thing.

Standby for an official JN Mustache Contest Thread to be released later today detailing the rules of the competition.

My first order of buisness is to get Bob and NJ, 2 well-known mustache wearers singned up as judges.

Gotta love the offseason. Eyy Gob, is BOOM BOOM allowed to play?

I'm gonna have to pass on the contest, although I do have about an 8-month head start.

Can't shave the beard.

Understandable. Prior to yesterday, I had had a beard since the beginning of January. Was reluctant to say goodbye to it.

Standby for an official JN Mustache Contest Thread to be released later today detailing the rules of the competition.

My first order of buisness is to get Bob and NJ, 2 well-known mustache wearers singned up as judges.

Since the ladies of JN are possibly sporting various versions of a Van Dyke, do they also qualify as judges?

Archived