Patriots, Packers, Jaguars, Buccaneers & JETS interested in Randy Moss

They will only trade him for a QB and draft pick the radio out here said if its to the jets it will be for a second round pick and kellen clemens so they can draft calvin johnson.

No deal then No way in bloody hell.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would do that trade in a SECOND. Clemens will never be a franchise QB.

Right.

Does this mean you believe a guy whose started one full season and is 31 years old is a franchise Quarterback or is just every Quarterback the Jets have had since Broadway Joe a piece of garbage to you?

Right.

Does this mean you believe a guy whose started one full season and is 31 years old is a franchise Quarterback or is just every Quarterback the Jets have had since Broadway Joe a piece of garbage to you?

No and No. I would rather the jets get a QB of the future that isn't a midget. Trade up for a QB in the 08 draft.

I would do that trade in a SECOND. Clemens will never be a franchise QB.

How do you know? are you Nostradamus?

I'll bet you knew Brady was going to be a HOF QB after watching him on thanksgiving day in 2000 too?

Please

No and No. I would rather the jets get a QB of the future that isn't a midget. Trade up for a QB in the 08 draft.

Drew Brees ring a bell?

Being 6'3-6'5 doesn't mean you're going to be a great Quarterback as opposed to a 6'0-6'1 guy. If you really think that way then your evalution of Quarterback's is ****. C'mon, don't turn into another PeterNorth.

Oh and spare me the Drew Brees in a perfect situation. I wasn't aware that Marques Colston and Terence Cooper were perfect situations.:character42:

Drew Brees ring a bell?

Being 6'3-6'5 doesn't mean you're going to be a great Quarterback as opposed to a 6'0-6'1 guy. If you really think that way then your evalution of Quarterback's is ****. C'mon, don't turn into another PeterNorth.

Oh and spare me the Drew Brees in a perfect situation. I wasn't aware that Marques Colston and Terence Cooper were perfect situations.:character42:

Drew Brees is amazingly overrated and even if he wasn't he's one in a million for a midget QB to put up those numbers. Chances are Clemens isn't that guy.

totally off-topic here, but I love this board, it is the first time it has ever been implied that I'm a midget. As someone who is 6'2'' I know less than a dozen people taller than I am. I love that what is considered pretty tall to normal people is considered dwarf like in the NFL.

Drew Brees is amazingly overrated and even if he wasn't he's one in a million for a midget QB to put up those numbers. Chances are Clemens isn't that guy.

So he's under-rated for working wonders with these targets throughout his career:

Antonio Gates

Keenan McCardell (don't worry this list will get worse)

Joe Horn

Terrance Cooper

Marques Colston

Vincent Jackson

Reche Caldwell

Tim Dwight

Can you think of any more San Diego WR's who turned out to be nothing after 2-3 years in the league?

Comeon now. Drew Brees is not over-rated and is a very good Quarterback. Madmike, you've got some serious issues, I think you should take a break for a few weeks, collect your thoughts and come back around Opening Day for the Yankees and stay in the baseball forum until draft time.;-)

totally off-topic here, but I love this board, it is the first time it has ever been implied that I'm a midget. As someone who is 6'2'' I know less than a dozen people taller than I am. I love that what is considered pretty tall to normal people is considered dwarf like in the NFL.
Well you're still a midget compared to me but you're too short to start at QB in the NFL. Short QB's have ALOT going against them.

Drew Brees ring a bell?

Mike left PeterNorth in the dust about a week ago.

What a terrible trade that would be. Fortunately there is no chance this will happen, at least I'm assuming so because Tangini isn't completely INSANE. I'd trade for Moss for a 4th or 5th round pick maybe but definitely not for Coles AND and 2nd rounder. That would be utter lunacy.

HELL FCUKING NOO!!

Moss For COLES???

HELL NOO

I would do it without the pick. Is it a risk? sure but you can get a guy like coles, if Randy Moss comes here and is motivated to resurrect his career (and we have reason to believe that he will like playing with chad) he's a top 3 WR in the NFL. Thats a risk i'm willing to take.

Anyone remember a Simpsons episode from like 10 years ago or so when they went on vacation in NYC? In the background on a subway car you see a subway ad that says:

Can you throw a football? Call 1-800-1-NY-JETS

or something like that. Think it might have been around '96 when Reich was starting all those games for us. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the time. This thread just reminded me of that for some reason. .

Anyone remember a Simpsons episode from like 10 years ago or so when they went on vacation in NYC? In the background on a subway car you see a subway ad that says:

Can you throw a football? Call 1-800-1-NY-JETS

or something like that. Think it might have been around '96 when Reich was starting all those games for us. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the time. This thread just reminded me of that for some reason. .

They pulled that one from the rotation because it's all about the twin towers.

"Mountain Dew or clam juice? Yeeeech!! Give me a clam juice."

Did I miss something or is Chad Pennington still the qb of the Jets? what good is Moss whose game is all vertical while Chad is running the show? Coles fits this system better in terms of consistency and the routes that Chad excels in. If anything I hope this is to drive up the price for the pats

Did I miss something or is Chad Pennington still the qb of the Jets? what good is Moss whose game is all vertical while Chad is running the show? Coles fits this system better in terms of consistency and the routes that Chad excels in. If anything I hope this is to drive up the price for the pats

I think Moss would extend chads range since he can be aggresive in fighting for the ball when he wants to be. So Chad would be able to throw more deep balls and the higher arc he would have to put on it would not effect Moss as much as Coles.

Not to argue the Coles v. Moss comparo, (I'll keep Coles) but I don't see why people think a tall target (Moss/Calvin Johnson) won't fit in with Pennington. All you guys claim that teams can single the wr and put 8 men in the box because of Chad's weak arm. Well, how many corners can cover Moss one on one? Penny would be able to lob his floaters up there 40 yards downfield and there wouldn't be a damn thing most cb could do. Unlike McCareins who has to run away from guys Moss doesn't require seperation. So it would either help the running game or passing game or both. Sure a strong armed qb would throw more tds to Moss, but a great playmaker helps anybody.

Not to argue the Coles v. Moss comparo, (I'll keep Coles) but I don't see why people think a tall target (Moss/Calvin Johnson) won't fit in with Pennington. All you guys claim that teams can single the wr and put 8 men in the box because of Chad's weak arm. Well, how many corners can cover Moss one on one? Penny would be able to lob his floaters up there 40 yards downfield and there wouldn't be a damn thing most cb could do. Unlike McCareins who has to run away from guys Moss doesn't require seperation. So it would either help the running game or passing game or both. Sure a strong armed qb would throw more tds to Moss, but a great playmaker helps anybody.

I agree that Moss and Pennington would make a good duo, once again. However, Coles and the 63rd pick is not a good trade. I wouldn't even trade Coles straight up for Moss.

Agreed, Moss would get annoyed pretty fast here with the underthrows and such. Yes he would be an asset in the red zone and fighting for jump balls, but his game is vertical and that's not a good fit while Chad is the QB. I don't know if it would work and I don't trust Moss's attitude. IMO it's not worth it since we already have a good set of receivers.

Calvin Johnson is a little different, IMO, because he's closer to Keyshawn than he is to Moss. So I agree with you there. He has great speed for someone that size, but he's not the burner that Randy Moss is. His game is not all vertical and he would be just as effective in west coast type offense than he would in a vertical type offense.

Agreed, Moss would get annoyed pretty fast here with the underthrows and such. Yes he would be an asset in the red zone and fighting for jump balls, but his game is vertical and that's not a good fit while Chad is the QB. I don't know if it would work and I don't trust Moss's attitude. IMO it's not worth it since we already have a good set of receivers.

Calvin Johnson is a little different, IMO, because he's closer to Keyshawn than he is to Moss. So I agree with you there. He has great speed for someone that size, but he's not the burner that Randy Moss is. His game is not all vertical and he would be just as effective in west coast type offense than he would in a vertical type offense.

Calvin Johnson is closest to Terell Owens in my opinion, only with more speed and a great attitude

Archived