Patriots, Packers, Jaguars, Buccaneers & JETS interested in Randy Moss

RAIDERS BIDING THEIR TIME ON MOSS

At a time when a total of four teams have been linked to rumors regarding a potential trade of Randy Moss, it's our understanding based on discussions with league sources that the Raiders intend to take their time with this one.

Why? Because they don't owe Moss another dime until the start of the regular season, when his $9.75 million salary kicks in. Until then, the Raiders are in position to sit back, and field offers.

The teams linked to Moss are the Packers, Buccaneers, Jaguars, and Patriots. There are rumors (unsubstantiated at this point) that the Jets are in the mix.

And that would make sense; if Pats coach Bill Belichick has long been enamored with Moss, some of that man-love might have infected Jets coach Eric Mangini, who spent several years with Belichick in New England.

But while the Raiders hold the cards -- and in theory they could decide to pay him $9.75 million for the privilege of keeping him from getting his way -- we suspect that a deal will come, eventually. Moss, we hear, is unhappy playing on the West Coast, and wants to be closer to his adopted home of Florida, where his children reside.

Finally, the biggest potential obstacle to a trade will be Randy's readiness to restructure his contract. Will he want a big signing bonus? Will he insist on his full salary? Or will he accept a contract that allows him to pursue a Super Bowl title while he's still arguably in the twilight of his prime?

Stay tuned.

The trade rumor has been Laveranues Coles & the 63rd overall pick for Randy Moss, reportedly out of Oakland radio stations.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way would I trade Coles for Moss. Coles is great for Chad and is a tough MoFo. He also helped Cotch along this season.

Moss is a bit*h and he'd pout as soon as Chad underthrows one of this deep routes.

C'mon dude. Then why didn't he bitch at him in college?

C'mon dude. Then why didn't he bitch at him in college?

Most receivers, and players in general, don't act in college like they do in the NFL. Maybe it's the money, maybe it's the power and status within society, but something makes these players run their mouths. Was there ever an ego problem in college with TO?

Anyway, I'm looking for something more than "man love" to buy into this rumor.

Most receivers, and players in general, don't act in college like they do in the NFL. Maybe it's the money, maybe it's the power and status within society, but something makes these players run their mouths. Was there ever an ego problem in college with TO?

Anyway, I'm looking for something more than "man love" to buy into this rumor.

Moss never bitch in college because like he said a few years ago Chad is the greatest QB he ever played with.

Moss never bitch in college because like he said a few years ago Chad is the greatest QB he ever played with.

I agree that probably the best and only situation he can turn himself around is here with his buddy Chad who he loves. But I'd be shocked if the FO trades a second rounder or, even worse, Laveranues, who's coming off one of his finest years, for Moss, coming off easily his worst year while getting to the 30 year old mark. Maybe the reason he didn't bitch in college was because of Chad, but not a lot of college players have the personalities and egos that they become in the NFL.

I agree that probably the best and only situation he can turn himself around is here with his buddy Chad who he loves. But I'd be shocked if the FO trades a second rounder or, even worse, Laveranues, who's coming off one of his finest years, for Moss, coming off easily his worst year while getting to the 30 year old mark. Maybe the reason he didn't bitch in college was because of Chad, but not a lot of college players have the personalities and egos that they become in the NFL.

Those are great points. I'm not sure if the Jets would do this or not. I think they will depend on the opinion of the security staff in the end. In a way I think the right enviroment would help Moss the way it did when he entered the league and Chris Carter took him under his wing. Idk, but this will be very interesting to watch unfold.

First and foremost, it is complete insanity and total blasphemy for any Jets fan to even consider getting rid of Laverneus Coles. If there is anyone on the entire Jets team besides Chad that exemplifies exactly what this Jets team is all about, it is Laverneus. Are you crazy? The guy played through some serious bumps and bruises and layed it all on the line every down. He is heart and soul personified. Not only that but the Jets should be happy that they got as much production as they did out of him and Cotchery with no true threat of a running game for the last two years for any team in the league to fear. The chemistry between Pennington and Coles alone is enough to squash any idea of trading LC away. I do not have a problem with the Jets giving Moss a shot but there is NO WAY I let Coles go to do that. I think they can get Moss for a mid-round pick and maybe McCaerins. Look what they gave away to get Thomas Jones who has been a hell of a lot more productive and successful than Moss has been for a while now. I think that Moss is the most gifted receiver in the league or in the top 5 easily, but he has to do a lot more than ooze talent for the Jets to be sold on him in the first place. Re-uniting Randy and Chad could be a great thing if they can get him and keep the Coles/Cotchery tandem together, which I think they can. I'm sure they could work out a rotation with those three that would make everyone happy, most of all us fans.

sounds like he wants to go to Tampa-Coles has twice the heart that Moss has-no way I make that trade-in fact I really wouldn't like to see him a Jet anymore-I used to until I saw him on the sidelines the last 2 years against us not even caring

Its not coles its for clemens and a second rounder from what ive heard. the raiders want moss out and only for a qb and draft pick. they want to draft calvin johnson.

I highly doubt the Jets would do the deal with Clemens being involved.

Its not coles its for clemens and a second rounder from what ive heard. the raiders want moss out and only for a qb and draft pick. they want to draft calvin johnson.

Clemens?

Al Davis has finally lost his mind..the Jets aren't giving him up for that POS Moss.

I think Coles is only being mentioned from Oakland's side. Al Davis might want Coles, but he's not getting Coles. I can't see the Jets letting go of Coles.

What about a package of J-Mac and Barton? J-Mac and a #2?

The only thing is, if Moss is here, then Cotchery goes to the #3 position. Not a bad #3 IMO.

No way would I trade Coles for Moss. Coles is great for Chad and is a tough MoFo. He also helped Cotch along this season.

Moss is a bit*h and he'd pout as soon as Chad underthrows one of this deep routes.

Chad's arm was a lot better in college.

Im not sure what to think of the trade...

BUt Chads arm hasnt changed since college... he always has and still can throw the ball deep... just not like abullet so its always a jump ball... which is why he did good with Moss.

I think Coles is only being mentioned from Oakland's side. Al Davis might want Coles, but he's not getting Coles. I can't see the Jets letting go of Coles.

What about a package of J-Mac and Barton? J-Mac and a #2?

The only thing is, if Moss is here, then Cotchery goes to the #3 position. Not a bad #3 IMO.

They will only trade him for a QB and draft pick the radio out here said if its to the jets it will be for a second round pick and kellen clemens so they can draft calvin johnson.

If we traded Kellen Clemens to the Oakland Raiders I would go on a few days of mourning. Who the hell would be the heir to Noodle Arm? Brad Smith? Better yet, who would we then sign to be the back-up? Vinny!?:character42:

Archived