Jet Fans:Herman Edwards Humiliation Date is set!

BP

If NY fans boo Arod... Herm better not be able to think the Boos are so loud!

sorry little buddy, i don't follow. i get what you were trying to say, and today is my third day speaking english, so maybe i'm missing it, but yeah, i have no idea what that means.

sorry little buddy, i don't follow. i get what you were trying to say, and today is my third day speaking english, so maybe i'm missing it, but yeah, i have no idea what that means.

If NY fans boo Arob (one of the best players in baseball)

They better Boo Herm so loudly that he cannot think...

What dont you get? :confused0082:

If NY fans boo Arob (one of the best players in baseball)

They better Boo Herm so loudly that he cannot think...

What dont you get? :confused0082:

I think he's confused because you're saying the booing will be so bad Herm won't be able to think,but it'll be at a football game herm is coaching,so that really won't be an issue.

Moving right along.

This will be fun to watch - but what will Herms expression be when Mangini goes for it on 4th and one in the first quarter?

I can't wait to see that completely dumbfounded look that Herm is so famous for when he has no idea what's going on, when Mangini executes a successful onside kick in the 2nd quarter and has the ball on back to back possessions.

If we actually do get to play at that time it will mean that we are having a good

season. This is the time of the year that if the Sunday nite game isn't meaningful

one that is can replace it.

Yeah senior, i have a feeling we will be fighting for a playoff spot and Herm might just be lucky enough to be fighting for one too. I want to see some masterful playcalling and just wreck those chiefs

If we actually do get to play at that time it will mean that we are having a good

season. This is the time of the year that if the Sunday nite game isn't meaningful

one that is can replace it.

Good point Senior,I forgot about the flex schedule..I expect it to be a prime time game though ;)

Good point Senior,I forgot about the flex schedule..I expect it to be a prime time game though ;)

i'm not sure this game will be meaningful for kansas city, since chances are larry johnson will miss most of the season due to injury while herm will be defending his riding him into the ground. another possibility is that huard will suffer a shoulder injury and herm will have a good excuse for kc fans why they didnt make the playoffs with all the talent they have. :)

why do people still care about herm, get over it hes gone everyone who keeps bashing him really needs to find a better way to spend their time...

Did you start watching the Jets last year?:lol:

why do people still care about herm, get over it hes gone everyone who keeps bashing him really needs to find a better way to spend their time...

It's still fun to bash Herm for the same reason we bash Parcells, they're both weasels who left town once they realized they were on a sinking ship. If Herm was half as good a coach as the rest of the country thinks he is he would have stuck around for the rebuilding process but he had to go job hunting mid-season.

I dont know why I enjoy bashing Herm so much....

I didnt bitch when John Calipari abandoned my UMass Minutemen after Marcus Camby got caught with his hand in the cookie jar...

I didnt bitch when Parcells waddled away...

I didnt bitch when Belichick stole a dead man's money and ran away to Foxboro

I didnt bitch when Al Groh disappeared (Is he still coaching???)

But Herm I just cant get enough of...

Maybe its because:

- he wasnt qualified to be a Head Coach

- the NFL forced the Jets to make a minority hiring

- the media (and most fans) loved him because he was a good soundbite

- his teams were rarely prepared to play

- his coaching skills were deploreable

- time management??

- the fact I knew pretty early on he was a snake oil salesman when everyone else was blinded by playoff appearances, not realizing we were nowhere near our potential

Maybe it's because I hold total disdain for anyone who has a really good job and isnt qualified to be in that position. And that applies in my real life also.

I am watching the KC situation because you know exactly whats going to happen, he's going to F that team up. We know how much of a joke he is, and we are waiting on others to realize it so we dont feel like the only suckers.

Other than that, he is super-awesome... mainly because he hired Dick Curl.

Maybe its because:

- he wasnt qualified to be a Head Coach

- the NFL forced the Jets to make a minority hiring

- the media (and most fans) loved him because he was a good soundbite

- his teams were rarely prepared to play

- his coaching skills were deploreable

- time management??

- the fact I knew pretty early on he was a snake oil salesman when everyone else was blinded by playoff appearances, not realizing we were nowhere near our potential

Maybe it's because I hold total disdain for anyone who has a really good job and isnt qualified to be in that position. And that applies in my real life also.

I am watching the KC situation because you know exactly whats going to happen, he's going to F that team up. We know how much of a joke he is, and we are waiting on others to realize it so we dont feel like the only suckers.

Other than that, he is super-awesome... mainly because he hired Dick Curl.

I agree with most of your reasons except two.

1) The NFL didn't force the Jets to hire a minority. The policy in place states that NFL teams only have to interview a black candidate (i.e Donnie Henderson was interviewed for several HC jobs last year but never got one_ and I'm not sure if that was even in place in early 2001. Herm got hired because of the Terry Bradway KC connection.

2) I don't think most fans loved him because he had a big mouth. The media sure did because it's their job to get soundbytes but most Jets fans found Herm's schtick annoying and a distraction.

Herm is a weasel and next year he will definitely get his. KC's offensive line is aging and falling apart, his defense there cannot stop the run, the AFC West is getting tougher every year (even the Raiders will be better next year) and his best player, Larry Johnson, hates him.

You already see Herm posturing himself for next year's disaster by talking about starting Broken Croyle. That way when his team goes 5-11 or worse he can say "Don't blame me, I'm trying to give our young qb some experience."

The ironic thing is, Herm was actually in a better situation here in NY. Jets had a high draft pick, a roster that was mostly the same as in 2004 when they almost went to the AFC Championship game and the easiest schedule in the NFL. Silly Herm.

Archived