***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT THREAD***

ShadowJet35

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man! Couldn't we have waited our turn and gotten Zach DeOssie, Buster Davis or Anthony Waters if we had to have an ILB? Is Harris that good?

Yes Harris is that good. He should have been a mid-late first rounder and can start immedietly.

I think Barton is gone... we now have 3 potential starting ILB on the roster...

So does New England most years. I think keeping all three is important, i realize they won't all get the playing time, but having depth at the inside means we won't get run over come the 4th quarter.

Revis, Harris, Thomas Jones, 6th, 7th. Not bad, imo.

I agree. CB was a weak spot, we addressed that in this draft. You need a ton of LB's in the 3-4, and we got one that could be VERY good in the system(something NE has been known for doing the past several years). We traded to get TJ, when it was obvious our running game was one of the weakest in the NFL, and the front office seemed to believe in some of their pickups for the D-line. An o-lineman would be nice, as would a slot reciever, but they arent dire needs by any means. I love this draft/offseason so far, very productive if you ask me.

Man! Couldn't we have waited our turn and gotten Zach DeOssie, Buster Davis or Anthony Waters if we had to have an ILB? Is Harris that good?

deOssie will be there much later. i hope we get him too, he's the real deal...IMO

At this point, I'd have to say we are SET on the defensive side of the ball.

My biggest concern at this point is on the offensive line. Are we relying on the June 1st cuts? Anthony Clement certainly CANNOT be our starting RT in week 1. And we still need a run-blocking G. We're pretty dependent on trading Barton and McCareins if we want to fill these needs in the draft.

My biggest concern at this point is on the offensive line. Are we relying on the June 1st cuts? Anthony Clement certainly CANNOT be our starting RT in week 1. And we still need a run-blocking G. We're pretty dependent on trading Barton and McCareins if we want to fill these needs in the draft.

what o linemen from the 7th would you have to start before him. Unless we trade a player that is it.

Why not? He's not good, but he can do the job as he did last year. i was hoping for Blalock to step into that slot, but i think he'll remain servicable.

Why not? He's not good, but he can do the job as he did last year. i was hoping for Blalock to step into that slot, but i think he'll remain servicable.

Clement is HORRIBLE. We need a new RT...

Leonard goes to a team i don't hate!!!! Awesome.

what o linemen from the 7th would you have to start before him. Unless we trade a player that is it.

Obviously, we have no picks to shore up the OL right now. Eric Barton has to be a goner, but unless a deal happens soon we will have a lot of difficulty finding a decent one.

The staff has shown they are willing to do what it takes to move up and get who/what they want in the draft....Im fairly confident that if they see a good opportunity, they'll take advantage of it.

Something i think we're forgetting too, is that you can pick up a good quality o-lineman in the later rounds. Keep in mind we dont need super elite guys(although ofcourse, that would be nice), we'd just like to get some upgrades. Shouldn't be all that hard.

Something i think we're forgetting too, is that you can pick up a good quality o-lineman in the later rounds. Keep in mind we dont need super elite guys(although ofcourse, that would be nice), we'd just like to get some upgrades. Shouldn't be all that hard.

I agree whole-heartedly. We can find a capable G to compete with Moore/Kendall. But not in the 6th round. It's essential that we try to get a 3rd-4th round pick by trading player(s) we don't need (Barton, McCareins, Kendall, Barrett, etc) to teams that do.

Also, I don't know if it is as easy to find good RT's in the later rounds. OT is a bit of a different beast than OG; you don't find all that many gems in day 2.

Archived