***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT THREAD***

ShadowJet35

I like barton and I really think that jmac is going to have a good year. I know he underperformed for what we gave up, but he is going to come out with a chip on his shoulder.

Did that DT who wears like a XXXXXXL T-Shirt get picked up ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OL is a MUCH bigger concern than not having a "burner" at WR. The obsession people have with us upgrading the WR corps is incredible. Until we get a big-armed QB, having WR's with 4.3 speed is completely unnecesarry. How soon we forget what happened to Santana Moss here.

Our OL was not "fixed" by Ferguson and Mangold; it is still a work in progress. Kendall can't push anyone around anymore at the age of 35. Moore is average. Clement cannot be anything more than a backup if we want the offense to succeed.

What would a burner at WR do without a big-armed QB and a solid offensive line to give the QB time? NOTHING.

I agree. But one good thing about an OL, even with some weak links is the more they play together the cohesive a unit they become. The better they become. Sure we still have Clement but this unit should be better cause the same five are here for a second season. Both rookies have a season under their belts. That being said. I would love for us to get a big ass G like Beekman, Alleman, Yanda, Jones or Ramierez. Maybe even a OT like Marten. One tackle that may go undrafted or rnd 6 or 7 is Daniel Parrish from FL A&M. He is huge.

I agree. But one good thing about an OL, even with some weak links is the more they play together the cohesive a unit they become. The better they become. Sure we still have Clement but this unit should be better cause the same five are here for a second season. Both rookies have a season under their belts. That being said. I would love for us to get a big ass G like Beekman, Alleman, Yanda, Jones or Ramierez. Maybe even a OT like Marten. One tackle that may go undrafted or rnd 6 or 7 is Daniel Parrish from FL A&M. He is huge.

The whole "they need time to gel" argument has been way over-used. Give me talent. Talent that Clement and Moore simply do not have, and which Kendall is quickly losing due to age.

Overall: Harris was redshirted in 2002. He appeared in two games in 2003 registering two tackles before suffering a season-ending knee injury against Houston (9/6). Harris saw action in seven games (one start) in 2004 at inside linebacker and on special teams making 10 tackles and one forced fumble. In 2005, he became a starter for the final 11 contests and recorded 88 total tackles, six tackles for loss, one sack, one fumble recovery, and two forced fumbles. In 2006 he started all 13 games and registered 103 total tackles, 16 tackles for loss, four sacks, one interception, and one forced fumble. A late-bloomer, Harris did not emerge as a starter until his junior season in 2005. We felt Harris was a bit of an underrated prospect heading into 2006 and he made even more strides as a senior. He lacks ideal fluidity and he still has room to improve ... in.gif For complete overview, strengths and weaknesses, login above or become an Insider.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

Sounds like a reg LB to me, I might be mistaking tho.

Amazingly I agree with you 100%.

Heh, that may be a first.

I just don't see why people think D'Brick and Mangold make this OL a done deal for years to come. They are the main pieces and they fill the 2 most important positions on the line. But the other 3 are ? marks right now, and it is still a work in progress.

We desperately need more picks via trade to fill these needs, PARTICULARLY the RT postion.

Heh, that may be a first.

I just don't see why people think D'Brick and Mangold make this OL a done deal for years to come. They are the main pieces and they fill the 2 most important positions on the line. But the other 3 are ? marks right now, and it is still a work in progress.

We desperately need more picks via trade to fill these needs, PARTICULARLY the RT postion.

I wanted Blalock sooo bad.

I really thought the Jets were going to trade down in this draft in order to get more depth at various positions, O line being one of them. Since they didn't do that, they must have a lot of faith in young/new guys like Adrien Clarke, N. Goddard and must like the way that Ed Blanton is developing.

We went quantity last year, and didn't use a few of our picks. This year we're going for quality. It's a good mix, especially since last year's draft class was considered the strongest in years, while this one isn't particularly impressive at all. A lot of last years Round 2s would be consensus top 10 picks this year.

Archived