***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT THREAD***

ShadowJet35

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree whole-heartedly. We can find a capable G to compete with Moore/Kendall. But not in the 6th round. It's essential that we try to get a 3rd-4th round pick by trading player(s) we don't need (Barton, McCareins, Kendall, Barrett, etc) to teams that do.

Also, I don't know if it is as easy to find good RT's in the later rounds. OT is a bit of a different beast than OG; you don't find all that many gems in day 2.

Someone is going to want Barrett, for some stupid reason, im sure. I don't really know why, i just really feel like he gets dealt. Kendall probably stays, and Barton too. With the 3-4 scheme, you need so many LB's to interchange that i just dont see the coaching staff letting an above average guy like Barton go. Of course i could be wrong, i usually am lol.

We can wait until June 1st cuts for a guard. The only "problems" we have is DT and a burner WR. If you look at the big picture, we went w/ quality over quantity at need spots. Tangini has really sured up some question marks this offseason. I love it.

Someone is going to want Barrett, for some stupid reason, im sure. I don't really know why, i just really feel like he gets dealt. Kendall probably stays, and Barton too. With the 3-4 scheme, you need so many LB's to interchange that i just dont see the coaching staff letting an above average guy like Barton go. Of course i could be wrong, i usually am lol.

Barton gets paid an awful lot just to be an "interchangable part". He's a better fit for a team that runs the 4-3, and he'll find a home there, eventually. It's just a matter of WHEN, and HOW MUCH we get for him.

I can see the Rams going WR in round 3, like Chansi Stuckey, etc.

Isaac Bruce is ancient, and Torry Holt is solid albeit he is aging.

Holt is a lot more than solid, he's one of the best in the league...lol

We can wait until June 1st cuts for a guard. The only "problems" we have is DT and a burner WR. If you look at the big picture, we went w/ quality over quantity at need spots. Tangini has really sured up some question marks this offseason. I love it.

I feel we don't need a NT, D-Rob has come up strong to finish of the year, and we don't need a burner WR because we lack the QB to throw the deep ball.

OL is a MUCH bigger concern than not having a "burner" at WR. The obsession people have with us upgrading the WR corps is incredible. Until we get a big-armed QB, having WR's with 4.3 speed is completely unnecesarry. How soon we forget what happened to Santana Moss here.

Our OL was not "fixed" by Ferguson and Mangold; it is still a work in progress. Kendall can't push anyone around anymore at the age of 35. Moore is average. Clement cannot be anything more than a backup if we want the offense to succeed.

What would a burner at WR do without a big-armed QB and a solid offensive line to give the QB time? NOTHING.

Cotchery will suffice as a burner for now

I feel we don't need a NT, D-Rob has come up strong to finish of the year, and we don't need a burner WR because we lack the QB to throw the deep ball.

That's why I put quotations around problems. I really don't see them as huge problems but they would be our weaknesses. BTW I don't think we need a WR that much only because I like the set of guys we already have.

Barton gets paid an awful lot just to be an "interchangable part". He's a better fit for a team that runs the 4-3, and he'll find a home there, eventually. It's just a matter of WHEN, and HOW MUCH we get for him.

I dont think i said it clearly, my apologies. What i meant was using him, along with the rest of our LB's the same way NE uses theirs. Keeping your defense fresh into the 4th quarter would be very nice, something that our D didn't really have in the playoffs last year against NE. Thats why i want him. I do agree he's better for a 4-3, but he's pretty dag on good in our 3-4 as well.

We can wait until June 1st cuts for a guard. The only "problems" we have is DT and a burner WR. If you look at the big picture, we went w/ quality over quantity at need spots. Tangini has really sured up some question marks this offseason.

OL is a MUCH bigger concern than not having a "burner" at WR. The obsession people have with us upgrading the WR corps is incredible. Until we get a big-armed QB, having WR's with 4.3 speed is completely unnecesarry. How soon we forget what happened to Santana Moss here.

Our OL was not "fixed" by Ferguson and Mangold; it is still a work in progress. Kendall can't push anyone around anymore at the age of 35. Moore is average. Clement cannot be anything more than a backup if we want the offense to succeed.

What would a burner at WR do without a big-armed QB and a solid offensive line to give the QB time? NOTHING.

Someone please update me, I just came from Philly and I am confused.

Just tell me everything that happened please

The Jets reached for a mediocre CB and took a good ILB from Michigan...

The Browns are Pwning the draft..

I'm to lazy to think about anything else.

Archived