The "Holy Smokes!" Edition of Post of the Week - May 17th, 2007

GreenBeans

What's with all of the wild fires on the east coast this week? We can smell (and actually see) the smoke from Florida all the way up here in North Carolina. And then I look at the news today at work and New Jersey is on fire, too. Max and JFBM must have been burnin' up the dance floor for that little mishap to have been started. I hope that those of you in either location are safe, sound, and getting some rain to help put that mess out. POTW this week is also "En Feugo" (PS - Dan Patrick is terrible!) as you will see starting right now - on to the good stuff:

-----

Topic: O.J. tossed from steakhouse on Derby eve

-----

Originally Posted by Max

The kids went in the pool again tonight. God Bless kids. They were taunting me to go in. I said it was too cold. They were like chicken. I had no problem admitting that I was chicken. That water was cold. And I am old. Never a good combination.

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

and from what Smizzy said you cant afford any more shrinkage

clip2ck8.jpg

(Editor's Note: Is it possible to have an innie, innie?)

-----

Topic: You know summer is here when...

Originally Posted by oktaren

...you walk into a woods and you are covered in ticks. then you go home and ticks are crawling out of your pockets. i hate ticks. i love the woods.

Originally Posted by joewilly

is you're body that repulsive that ticks choose to hang out in yer pockets?

(Editor's Note: Maybe the ticks see him as a shuttle service to the good food?)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

The kids went in the pool again tonight. God Bless kids. They were taunting me to go in. I said it was too cold. They were like chicken. I had no problem admitting that I was chicken. That water was cold. And I am old. Never a good combination.

Originally Posted by Smizzy

You have shrinkage in a hot tub...I'm just saying.

(Editor's Note: Smizzy+Max+hottub=egg drop soup - ewwwwwwwwww)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Apparently the POTW Nom criteria has been lowered. I swear it is like we are rewarding people for so-so posts. Potw Nom is being thrown around like a ribbon or medal for 4th place finishes. Say it ain't so!

(Editor's Note: It ain't so (you told me to say it)...)

-----

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

A 27-year-old man is selling his imaginary friend on eBay

....because he has grown out of him

Imaginary friend sold on eBay by real 'friend'

JOHN HIGGINSON - Tuesday, May 8, 2007

He has received 14 bids already.

The sales pitch reads: 'My imaginary friend Jon Malipieman is getting to old for me now. I am now 27 and I feel I am growing out of him. 'He is very friendly. Along with him, I will send you what he likes and dislikes, his favourite things to do and his personal self portrait.'

Seller thewildandcrazyoli, from Newport, has received questions including does he mind smokers?

Answer: 'No he does not mind them. But he does not like people smoking right next to him that much. He likes bonfire smoke though.'

And is he single?

Answer: 'Yes he is single at the moment. He used to be a bit of a player (well, a lot of one) but he has out grown that phase and is looking to settle down in a nice relationship.'

A picture of him is posted along with the sales blurb.

The highest bid currently stands at £3.20 with two days left till the auction ends. Postage is free.

Mr Malipieman was not available for comment.

He is thought to be considering his options.

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

We should chip in and buy this for Jetsrule. Might keep him off the net for 5 minutes.

(Editor's Note: The question to ask prior to bidding is if Mr. Malipieman likes to watch reality TV or not - it could be a deal breaker...)

-----

Topic: Lohan to play a stripper in next film.

Originally Posted by jetsrule128

YES

Originally Posted by joebabyny

And once you turn 18 you can see it

(Editor's Note: Turn 18 on what scale, age or IQ?)

-----

Topic: Roasted peanuts in the shell

Originally Posted by DHJF

Salted or unsalted?

Discuss.

Originally Posted by MrsTaborJet

I prefer to eat nuts 'au natural'....

(Editor's Note: God bless you MrsTaborJet, God bless you ma'am...)

-----

Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by Jimmy Carter

Topic: Roasted peanuts in the shell

I prefer to eat nuts 'au natural'....

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

WHOA! POTW!!!

i just gave rep to tabor for your post!

Originally Posted by TaborJet

\:D/

:Nuts:

Originally Posted by greengal

you like crushed nuts also, mrs.T?

(Editor's Note: Crushed nuts sounds painful, but not nearly as bad as diced or sliced. That green guy there is has a stronger leg than Nugent!)

-----

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

GreenBeans told me he had to lower it because none of your posts would ever get nominated otherwise...kind of embarrasing for a mod....

Originally Posted by Max

Oh SJ you are such a funny guy. What would we ever do without you.

(Editor's Note: A JN without SJ is like an Oracle without pancakes and flip-flops...)

-----

Originally Posted by GreenScreen313

would you guys stop sucking your own schlongs and comment on the wisdom of Jetsfan? Get Nug as much competition and interaction with other kickers will hopefully give him another boost for the coming season.

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

Nobody was sucking anybodies schlongs until you came along and sucked Jetsfan's...

(Editor's Note: What did you say, ecurb? There is a guy in a #10 jersey blocking your face with his crotch...)

-----

my parents got into town last night, my dad said he dropped a massive bomb (2-flusher) at my house and once he got done wiping and washing his hands, he had a curtain call and had to go through the whole thing again. nothing worse than the old curtain call.

Originally Posted by L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

Encore ,Encore,..........Johnny wants an Encore SJ

i threw roses at him when he finally came out of the can.

(Editor's Note: Did you check the upper deck, you know, just in case?)

-----

Topic: Ricky does it again.

Originally Posted by DW10

NO WAY. I just don't believe it. No way. No way. No way. There's just no possible way this has happened. Ricky's gonna help bring me my much needed Superbowl before I die. No way.

i think you and ricky have different opinions on what a 'superbowl' is.

52-glass-weed-pipe.jpg

(Editor's Note: See folks - drugs ruin lives. In this case it just happens to be DW10's life, but...)

-----

Topic: how about a forum for the above 28 crowd...?

Originally Posted by G.O.B.

There's already an under 20 forum, it's called JI.

(Editor's Note: Come on, there isn't anyone that old over there (at least mentally) anymore...)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetsfan80

I think the age should be set at 25. After all, the prefrontal cortex (i.e. your decision-making center) in the brain does not fully develop until this age.

Originally Posted by greengal

uh yeah... but i think you need 3 years practice with your fully developed brain before you know what do do with it!

(Editor's Note: 13 years and counting and I still can't figure out what to do with that thing. Just give me the dopamine and I'm good to go...)

-----

First explain how a pic of two girls kissing is mysogynistic.

Originally Posted by Garb

You want honest? K -

And take this for what it is: MY OPINION.

You could be the nicest man on Earth - I'll never know - so this isn't about YOU....it's about WHAT you do.

Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Anyway, pictures of women in barely there clothing sticking their toungues out and licking some beer-bellied dude's man-boobs in a parking lot and bending over while making pretend she's shoving a hot dog up herself is disrespectful. It portrays disrepect. I find that a little mysongynistic. Just my opinion, Joe....and Lord knowns I'm not afraid of giving my opinion.

Oh, and the Pats fan on the Jets mb is a pretty lame comeback for you - seriously, you can do better than that.

(Editor's Note: I love when Garb gets all fiesty and worked up...)

-----

Topic: Dear Smizzy!

Originally Posted by Arsis

p_tWeFFPKGs&mode=related&search=

Love Arsis.

(Editor's Note: That boy has a purdy mouth...)

-----

Topic: I just talked to revis on aim

I just talked to God on AIM....

Smizzy: Hey God....Whats up dude?

God: Nada...just chillin.

Smizzy: You think you can help the Jets out a little this yr

God: F**k the Jets. Joe Namath banged 95% of the women up here.

(Editor's Note: God: And he told me he wanted to kiss me the other day, too. Freaked me right out...)

-----

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

ray_robillard_bigfoot.jpg

(The Nomination: "POTW for the mitch hedberg quote" - Arsis)

(Editor's Note: I'm sure that this picture will (and should be removed), but he's 100% right - he is blurry.)

-----

Topic: Quotes from JN that are repeated in conversation...

Originally Posted by Bob

"Not tonight, Smizzy."

I have your wife saying it too?

(Editor's Note: Once they go Smizzy, they never go again...)

-----

Topic: Dear G.O.B - The JN Advice Thread

How did donuts manage to become the preferred food of policemen?

(Editor's Note: G.O.B. can't answer that right now, his mouth is full...)

-----

Topic: Dear G.O.B - The JN Advice Thread

How did donuts manage to become the preferred food of policemen?

Originally Posted by G.O.B.

It's actually one of the greatest secrets of law enforcement. They're actually c0ck rings. We want people to think they're donuts but when they're eating them they're actually tasting the johnsons of generations of officers. For those that enjoy chocolate glazed....well...hope you enjoyed it.

(Editor's Note: See, his mouth is full - and sticky.)

-----

Topic: Bruschi ... mindless blob of shock!

Originally Posted by DireJet38

TedyBruschiShocker.jpg

Originally Posted by Arsis

Is that what I think it is? a picture of Bruschi right after he gave Pksikh the shocker. Priceless.

(Editor's Note: Sikh doesn't take it up the ass in a "Full Tilt" Teddy jersey - he has a Brady jersey for that occassion...)

-----

So I click on this thread about iPods, and I see that ecurb has hijacked it with his PS3 Man Love?

Yeah... be carefull it might get sticky...

All you need now is some good Pennington talk, and it will be the perfect thread!

(Editor's Note: For some reason while reading this thread, my browser stopped scrolling up or down. Coincidence? I think not...)

-----

Topic: Jim Leyland on Dice-K

Originally Posted by Jim Leyland (by Matt39)

"I don't give a (expletive) about him," Leyland said. "I'm not getting into all that. I could give a (expletive) less. It's another pitcher."

(Editor's Note: Imagine whathe would have said if they still allowed booze in the locker room...)

-----

Im a post hawk... like the Kerry Rhodes of JN... always near the play...

Originally Posted by Max

I always thought of you as more the Eric Coleman type. You know a few steps late but you are there for the camera shot and the credit. Somehow your uniform never gets dirty though, lol.

(Editor's Note: EC = ecurb...another coincidence?)

-----

Originally Posted by Lil Bit Special

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meh

1.MehIndifference; to be used when one simply does not care.

A: What do you want for dinner?

B: Meh.

Meh meh-36641.jpg Tiger woods meh shrug. Meh "The verbal equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders." -quoth me

"(While holding gun to their own head) Give me one good reason why I shouldn't pull this trigger!"

"meh."

3.mehused in the greatest tv show of all time The Simpsons. in the episode Hungry, Hungry Homer, bart and lisa respond to a homer inquiry with "meh". mystery solved

Homer: Kids, how would you like to go... to Blockoland!

Bart & Lisa: Meh.

Homer: But the TV. gave the impression that--

Bart: We said "meh".

Lisa: M-E-H. Meh.

(Editor's Note: Meh.)

-----

Topic: Possible video of Mike Vick watching Dog Fights

Originally Posted by Thai Jet

They're going to keep pushing and digging till they finally have enough to charge Vick. It's only a matter of time. This Strouse woman sounds like a real pit bull.

(Editor's Note: A female pit bull, perhaps?)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

This Peters guy better be good. Because these fire dancing stories are painful to read. Seriously.

Originally Posted by jetfuel

If he's not good, maybe he and Schlegel can start some kind of new reality TV show on the Versus Channel. "Fire Dancing Boar Hunters with your hosts Anthony Schlegel and Leonard Peters..."

(Editor's Note: How long would it take Schlegel to get from the parking lot to the studio that is 40 yards away - 6.7 seconds or so, right? The flames would be out by the time he got to Peters...)

-----

Topic: jn neighborhood watch

here's a thought which can be taken with a grain of salt.

imo way too many threads are being ruined by a few.

I suggest we choose a poster each week & put them on ignore. If everyone sets their phasers to ignore, it could deter said poster from being a continued annoyance in the future.

who's with me?

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

One thing I hate that I've been seeing a LOT of lately is the old "you're a dumbass" type stuff-I thought we purged the site of that behavior.I mean,make your points withOUT having to resort to impugning the intelect of people who have an opposite viewpoint than yours

I can be just as guilty but I usually have to get pissed off from it happening to me first...

a simple yes or no would have sufficed.........dumbass

(Editor's Note: OOOOOOOOhhhhh, joe! - Joe! - JOE! - I got one of those bad posts you were talking about...oh, never mind.)

-----

Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC

LOL!! Chump!! The Buffalo curse is working at it's best!!

Originally Posted by McGraw38

Again, where are the Hurricanes?

Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC

Sitting at home, looking at their names on the Stanley Cup. Which, once again, Buffalo has no clue about!!

So they can sit at home, but at least they have 1 cup!!

(Editor's Note:

060619_stanleyCup_vmed_9p.widec.jpg

)

-----

Originally Posted by oktaren

i was homeless for 3 years or so and was in quite a few bad situations. on just one occassion a man wanted to go to a house party that one of my friends was throwing.

Originally Posted by Max

Homeless people throw the best house parties.

(Editor's Note: They sure do - you just never know where the house is going to be for the night...)

-----

In celebration if this guy makes the team, i will give a fire dancing demonstration in the lot for the opener. Wait, i don't know, maybe have one of my friends give a pole dancing demonstration instead.

(Editor's Note: Serious question - do you travel with your own pole?)

-----

Originally Posted by D'brickMangoldJets

Everything I said was factual. Saw how bad Bluejays pen was? They cut him cause he sucked yet Mets give him 3 years 12 million. And if you mean ban me for the jewish conspiracy I work with jewish people everyday and I have nothing against them or any race besides arabs. Not that you needed to know that. But even the Redsox signed Dice-K then went out and got Okajima. Noone knew he was going to be anygood even the Boston Herald said he's just there to be a friend to Dice K.

Suppose he's racist too?

Originally Posted by toon88

you are a ****in racist, anti semite doosh!

and to say you work with jewish people everyday is great....it's like the guy who blurts out the "N" word and says, oh it's ok, I have plenty of black friends!

a majority of your posts are racist, you should be banned immediately....mods, review this guys posts and step up!

(Editor's Note:

Tournament-Pole.jpg

)

-----

And this week's winner:

Topic: Common JETS myths... debunked...

Originally Posted by jetfuel

Chad Pennington being soft and fragile is a ridiculous myth fueled by the ignorance of the media. He was never injured in college and the injuries he has had in the NFL have been the result of bad luck and a premature return to action in the 2006 season.

When he broke his wrist in the pre-season against the Giants a few years back, he landed directly on it from a hit. I don't care if you were the most fit man on the planet and could lift a car over your head in that situation. No one landing like that is not breaking their wrist. Then the guy lands awkwardly on his shoulder, tears his rotator cuff and goes on to lead the team to the playoffs (further damaging it) despite the poor coaching of Herm Edwards and the offensive retardation of Paul Hackett. He comes back too early from the injury the next season and reinjures it (which is the fault of the coaching and training staff for allowing him to play and his eagerness to get back too soon).

Where the injury prone/soft label comes from is complete stupidity and it is not based in fact whatsoever. There is no one in those same situations, taking the same hits that would not have gotten hurt. Last year, Pennington took a bunch of vicious hits and probably missed one play the whole season. D'Brick, who looked more like a TE than a LT by the end of the year left him to die on many occassions but Chad kept bouncing back.

Being that Schottenheimer runs such a complex Offense I wouldn't want too many other guys behind Center and I think it's time that the fans of this team get behind the warrior that wears #10. Whether you like it or not, he is the leader of this team and it's heart and soul. Now that he was actually able to work out in the offseason as opposed to rehabbing and has a year of the new system under his belt (oh, and a feature back helps) Chad will shut up the haters real quick.

LET'S GO CHAD!!!

Post of the Week needed a good old-fashioned football post and it got one from this week's winner - jetfuel. Congratulations on your winning post, I'm rooting for Chad as well - mostly because he's going to have to play very good football for the Jets to win. If he's not, well then on to the next QB. T Anyhow, great post jetfuel, wear the badge with pride this week:

potw.jpg

The Assist of the Week goes to MrsTaborJet because she likes nuts. 'Nuff said right there, I do believe. :)

Make sure you all stop by and contribute to JetsWiki - there is some good stuff in there already, but we need more! You know you wanna...

Hope you enjoy the rest of the week and the weekend!

Y'all be cool -

gb

Great job as always, Beans.

Thanks Spermie.

A pro-Chad post wins it? Awesome. F the haters. #10 is the QB, and Jetfuel defends him superbly. Great post.

I'm with you, Tabor (you lucky dog) - #10 is the QB untill he's not.

Good selection in a weak week.

You play the hand you're dealt, or so says C.S. Lewis

First, I'd like to say that I am glad to have found this forum. I'm still new to it and new to message board/forums in general. I've been a Jets fan since I was a football fan which is somewhere around the age of 6 (1979) and have been through more bad times than good but I would not trade my Jets in for any other team. I still remember going to Buffalo back in '96 (the wonderful 1-15 season), with all my green & white on, getting harassed by all the Buffalo fans (to which I stood up and chanted things like "wide right" and "1 for 1 in the Super Bowl" which went over real well) in a 35-3 loss which made them 1-11 at the time.

Anyway, enough nostalgia here. I want to say that the Jet Nation is very well put together and I have enjoyed it a whole lot since happening upon it a couple of months back. Although I'm not all that happy about the overall attitude towards Pennington displayed by a large number of Jets fans, it's nice to be able to come here and debate these matters as well as others. The main thing is that we are in this together as fans and it is my belief that we need to support the guys who are out there on the field (even if we think Pat Ryan could do better). Anyway, cheers to all my fellow Jets fans and thank you to those who put this website together - you are the salt of the Earth.

:cheers:

J-E-T-S ... JETS JETS JETS!!!!

OK Fuel now post the POTW winner banner in your sig

Since I am a message board moron I have a question: When is the week up so that I change my signature before next week's winner gets the banner?

Since I am a message board moron I have a question: When is the week up so that I change my signature before next week's winner gets the banner?

it runs thursday to thursday jetfuel. I don't wanna pressure you any but no one has won it 2 weeks in a row. it used to be wednesday to wednesday but big brother airs that night & greenbeans usually heads over to 128's house so it got moved

it runs thursday to thursday jetfuel. I don't wanna pressure you any but no one has won it 2 weeks in a row. it used to be wednesday to wednesday but big brother airs that night & greenbeans usually heads over to 128's house so it got moved

As long as D'Brick isn't protecting my blindside I have a shot to elude the pressure. Just kidding, I love D'Brick and I think he'll turn out fine in time ... hopefully that time is NOW!

As long as D'Brick isn't protecting my blindside I have a shot to elude the pressure. Just kidding, I love D'Brick and I think he'll turn out fine in time ... hopefully that time is NOW!

please don't clutter the board with football talk ;)

since you mentioned it though, I think we'll see a much improved d'brick this year.

The Assist of the Week goes to MrsTaborJet because she likes nuts. 'Nuff said right there, I do believe. :)

gb

Ahhh, thanks man! I'm so proud. :deshade:

Still don't know why JGB gave rep to Tabor... ummm, I'm doing the work here folks.

I'll let that one go... I'm a lady afterall. :love0040:

My only complaint is that Green Beans' little pea pods ain't sportin' any Jets gear. What's up with that. Represent. :)

I'm lucky that either kid was alive after that picture - how often do you see brother and sister hugging nicely instead of in a death match (outside of the state of West Virginia)? :)

UNC gear,,

priorities my man ;)

Baby blue is a good color for the kiddies. ;)

Ahhh, thanks man! I'm so proud. :deshade:

Still don't know why JGB gave rep to Tabor... ummm, I'm doing the work here folks.

I'll let that one go... I'm a lady afterall. :love0040:

:) Boy that Tabor is a lucky fella. :D

Archived