Teixeira to be traded

harris5214

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2947494

Executives with other teams believe that the Texas Rangers are definitely intent on trading first baseman Mark Teixeira before the July 31 trade deadline, which would make Teixeira the most prominent player dealt.

The rival executives say that the Rangers' demands for Teixeira have come down bit by bit. In addition, the Rangers feel they can get one or more of the targeted prospects that they can ask for from the targeted teams.

At the outset of the Teixeira trade talks, for example, the Rangers had insisted the Yankees include either Joba Chamberlain or Phil Hughes, one of the Yankees' top pitching prospects, and had asked the Dodgers for three top prospects. They had asked the Red Sox for pitcher Clay Buchholz and center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury.

The Angels, Braves and Giants are also involved in talks for Teixeira.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While the Texas Rangers are pushing switch-hitting first baseman Mark Teixeira hard on the New York Yankees, they aren't biting. Especially since the Rangers have eyes for stud pitching prospect Joba Chamberlain.

"They have told teams (Chamberlain) is untouchable," an AL talent evaluator said of the Yankees, who are very close to promoting Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy from Double-A Trenton to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Source: New York Pos

While the Texas Rangers are pushing switch-hitting first baseman Mark Teixeira hard on the New York Yankees, they aren't biting. Especially since the Rangers have eyes for stud pitching prospect Joba Chamberlain.

"They have told teams (Chamberlain) is untouchable," an AL talent evaluator said of the Yankees, who are very close to promoting Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy from Double-A Trenton to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Source: New York Pos

Cool..don't trade Chamberlain or Hughes.

Are you guys ****ing nuts

I trade an unknow Chamberlain for Mark ****kking Texiera in a NY second

This guy is a young stud everyday player

I make the move

Its not only that. Its also the fact that Teixeira is a free agent after the season and his agent is Scott Boras. Boras has already said that he is looking for 20 - 30 million dollars per year.

Are you guys ****ing nuts

I trade an unknow Chamberlain for Mark ****kking Texiera in a NY second

This guy is a young stud everyday player

I make the move

You can land a free agent corner power hitter in the offseason without giving up a stud starter. Maybe even texiera if the Rangers refuse arbitration or decide they don't wanty to pay the arbitrator's price-both possibilities. 13 HRs, .302 and 47 RBIs is not so great.

Doing that kind of stupidity-like pissing away Jose Rijo, Doug Drabek, Bob Tewksbury and Al Leiter in the 1980s for fool's gold is how the Yankees sucked before this run. Chamberlain has been favorably compared to John Smoltz. Besides, between Giambi coming back and Duncan's run, where does Texiera get ABs? Thankfully Cashman is running the Yankees, not you.

You;re out of your mind

Who's to say Chamberlain will turn out as well as you think

The Yanks are known to hype their prospects

I suspect this is the same

Fortunately you are not running the Yanks....we'd have a rotation of woulda shoulda coulda guys

You can land a free agent corner power hitter in the offseason without giving up a stud starter. Maybe even texiera if the Rangers refuse arbitration or decide they don't wanty to pay the arbitrator's price-both possibilities. 13 HRs, .302 and 47 RBIs is not so great.

Doing that kind of stupidity-like pissing away Jose Rijo, Doug Drabek, Bob Tewksbury and Al Leiter in the 1980s for fool's gold is how the Yankees sucked before this run. Chamberlain has been favorably compared to John Smoltz. Besides, between Giambi coming back and Duncan's run, where does Texiera get ABs? Thankfully Cashman is running the Yankees, not you.

What would it take for JonEJinx to run the Yankees? That's my dream right there!

Back to Teix...the Yankees are fools if they dont get this done. But where oh where would Johnny Damon be playing next year and the following year?

Melk Dud is probably gonna take Johnny's job for good one day soon. And if for some reason Damon remains an outfielder next year, where is Barry Bonds gonna play? Juicin' Jason will presumably DH if he doesnt get indicted between now and then?!?!?

Still, I make room for Teix if I am the Tankees.

By the way can he pitch? Can he set up Mariano by any chance?

I agree 100%

Steinbrenner once wanted to pull the trigger on a trade late in 1983 to ship Mattingly to Cleveland for Toby Harrah. thankfully he was talked out of it.

Fortunately you are not running the Yanks....we'd have a rotation of woulda shoulda coulda guys

So your solution is to get MORE offense?

Look at the rotation you have now!!! Then look at your bullpen! Bringing in Teix would be equivalent to when NYY brought in Matsui!

You;re out of your mind

Who's to say Chamberlain will turn out as well as you think

The Yanks are known to hype their prospects

I suspect this is the same

When Hughes, Chamberlain, Kennedy and Wang are the heart of the Yankees' rotation and Jose Tabata patrols RF, I'm bringing this post back.

Coulda, shoulds woulda-like Rijo, Drabek, Leiter and Tewsbury?All solid,servicable starter who, but for stupidity, would've been the Yankees rotation form the late 1980s until the mid-1990s.

So you give up a low walk, high K, big fastball and curve stud starter-the rarest of all commodities in baseball, and one in your farm system, so he's yours for several years on the cheap-for an aging, decent but not superstar 1st baseman, arguably the most available of commodities who will cost millions and probably break down like Giambi, Damon, Abreu and Matsui as you pay him a ridiculous salary at the end of his big contract. Also, Texiera broke down last year, so he's no Iron Horse.

What can I say? Yeah, go get'em! Great idea! Ask the Mets about Kamzir for the bad Zambrano, the Sawx about Biggio for Anderson, or the Tiggers about Smoltz for Doyle Alexander, or the Yanks about Leiter for Barfield. Yeah, go get'em! Give up that not even eligible arbitration 1/2 starter for someone you can get in November for a pen and your checkbook, if you're still so inclined. And you'll be the same guy to 2nd guess it when Chamberlain blossoms.

WHo else besides a few teams can pay that amount

Hello NY Mr Tex

I actually hope that the NY is going to be in Queens, not the Bronx. I wouldn't mind giving up a few prospects. We have plenty of OF prospects, thats for sure. And Delgado is getting old and I think that next year is his last year. I dont know where he would play, but I would like to have him. He is a beast.

When Hughes, Chamberlain, Kennedy and Wang are the heart of the Yankees' rotation and Jose Tabata patrols RF, I'm bringing this post back.

Never happen

Not all those guys will pan out

Nevermind we have the likes of Rasner (who I like very much) and you know Cash will make the move for another arm

Lets stand pat while the Sawx swoop up Tex

They have some help on the farm, and Gabbards stock will never be higher

Do you think the sawx trad Youk and Gabbard for Tex? In a heartbeat

They are the frontrunners for him anyway

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070724&content_id=2105789&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Help in the rotation is on the way

Kennedy

Sanchez

Hughes

WE have enough in the minors right now...for once the Yankee farm system is doing fine

I actually agree with you, now that I look at it.

Tex has another year left on his current contract, so a team has plenty of time to sign him to an extension.

He's 27 years old, presumably just entering his prime and he's a stud.

Youkilis and a prospect not named Ellsbury or Bucholz. I do that trade.

Tex missed about 25 games this year and normally tears the cover off the ball in the 2nd half. Duncan had a nice w/end against a staff that doesn't belong in the majors.....let's not go crazy and think getting Shelley AB's would be given a 1/2 second of thought in considering trading for Texeira......Giambi for that matter either.

We are talking about a 27 year old Gold Glove, star 1st Baseman who abuses RH pitching and is perfect for Yankee Stadium.

If Chamberlain is the price, kudos to Cashman for sticking to his guns and saying no.

I hope the kid is the real deal.....prospects are unkowns at the Major League level....Texeira is a given.

GS is angry the Yanks dont have an All Star at every position but he constantly complains about their payroll.

Unbelievable.

WTF are you talking about? The Yanks always shoot for a All-Star at every position.

This is a good discussion on whether trading for Texeira is a good idea. Grow up or STFU.

WTF are you talking about? The Yanks always shoot for a All-Star at every position.

This is a good discussion on whether trading for Texeira is a good idea. Grow up or STFU.

Me grow up?

Please. STFU about the Yankees all the f'ing time. Its pathetic. You talk about the Yankees more than anyone on this website.

Yankee fans are saying we dont need Teixera, for some reason that bothers you. But once the Yanks sign another big name youll be complaining about their payroll.

Me grow up?

Please. STFU about the Yankees all the f'ing time. Its pathetic. You talk about the Yankees more than anyone on this website.

Yankee fans are saying we dont need Teixera, for some reason that bothers you. But once the Yanks sign another big name youll be complaining about their payroll.

You're not signing him you are trading for him. It's a Baseball forum sport...Yanks included.... and the Yanks do have a extremely high payroll. Just because I think he is a great trade for candidate by ANY team in need a a 1B now and in the future has nothing to do with how Yank fans feel. Thats why it's called a discussion board.

You dont give up potential stud young pitching for Mark Texeira. Phillips has been doing fine anyway.

The Yanks have enough bats in their lineup as is. Dont need another power bat. The team is well balanced as is.

Fair enough point Matt. I just think Tex is worth it especially when the Yanks right now have multiple prospects at SP that are "projected" to be studs.

Don't let the "balanced" attack right now against some atrocious staffs fool you into thinking some of these guys will perform the same against the staffs of Boston, Detroit, Cleveland and Anaheim.

You dont give up potential stud young pitching for Mark Texeira. Phillips has been doing fine anyway.

The Yanks have enough bats in their lineup as is. Dont need another power bat. The team is well balanced as is.

Tex is a long term solution at 1st

You should be shot for mentioning Andy Phillips and Tex in the same breath

Archived