Randy's Radar: Pennington Reigns in P.M.

NY Jets Guy

I've been a huge critic of Chad's weak arm & poor decision-making under pressure. If he can put it all together & look like he did 5 seasons ago you won't hear a peep out of me about it. I just want to see a Jets superbowl.

What he said.

I have total confidence in his ability to throw the deep fade. The ones I'm worried about are the 20-30 yard crossing patterns. Not even the sideline routes. He's shown skill at those as well. But these passes need to have zip. Distance means nothing if it's floated out there.

i'm with you. can he throw the medium ones with some ziiiiip? many an article will say he can throw the deep ball, this we know.

I've been a huge critic of Chad's weak arm & poor decision-making under pressure. If he can put it all together & look like he did 5 seasons ago you won't hear a peep out of me about it. I just want to see a Jets superbowl.

When Pennington was brought in to start in 2002, I got a feeling every time he dropped back that I had never had from a Jet quarterback, and haven't had since that season: when Pennington dropped back, you were 100% confident that something good was going to come of it. I'm reeeeally hoping he can instill that in all of us the first few weeks of the season. A 100% healthy arm is what will make the difference.

Assuming all of that happens and I know you are not stipulating to that at this point, but assuming all of that does happen then I am sure you meant to say that we wouldn't hear a peep out of you except for the slurping noises associated with eating humble pie, no?

Assuming all of that happens and I know you are not stipulating to that at this point, but assuming all of that does happen then I am sure you meant to say that we wouldn't hear a peep out of you except for the slurping noises associated with eating humble pie, no?

LOL

Im very glad to hear Chad is doing well... but WTF is up with Coles... this is the second time its been reported he dropped a deep ball from Chad...

Now PLEASE fix the O-line Mangini... Chad came all this way... through 2 surgeries... and is now healthy with a good team, good RB, and good coaches... dont screw it up by getting him killed...

If Ihave to hear someone say the word ZIP one more time I'm going to scream. Most overused and misused word on these boards.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

My, oh my what a wonderful day!

Plenty of sunshine heading my way

Mister Bluebird on my shoulder

It's the truth, it's actch'll

Ev'rything is satisfactch'll

Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

LOL

Im very glad to hear Chad is doing well... but WTF is up with Coles... this is the second time its been reported he dropped a deep ball from Chad...

Now PLEASE fix the O-line Mangini... Chad came all this way... through 2 surgeries... and is now healthy with a good team, good RB, and good coaches... dont screw it up by getting him killed...

Elsie is money when it counts, I wouldn't worry about that. He is right up there behind Shuler, Chrebet and Al Toon in that category (with appologies to the pre-1982 players who I never saw play).

Elsie is money when it counts, I wouldn't worry about that. He is right up there behind Shuler, Chrebet and Al Toon in that category (with appologies to the pre-1982 players who I never saw play).

He dropped a deep pass in the Raiders game as well... I almost jumped out of my seat to smack his helmet... lol

Im sure he will be fine... but I think he is losing his hands on deeper passes...

He dropped a deep pass in the Raiders game as well... I almost jumped out of my seat to smack his helmet... lol

Im sure he will be fine... but I think he is losing his hands on deeper passes...

You're correct on that. I was thinking of all the tough ones he makes in traffic. Anyhow I thin Elsie is so-so about practice but real games get his juices flowing.

You're correct on that. I was thinking of all the tough ones he makes in traffic. Anyhow I thin Elsie is so-so about practice but real games get his juices flowing.

Sort of like Iverson... just not as stupid about. it... lol

Lighting it up in practice means jack. Talk to me when defenses are allowed to hit you and you still make all the throws.

(see me after weeks 1 and 2 this season)

Lets see...

He is doing better all around than last year... but it means jack?

I understand it doesnt mean that he will play this well in a game... but there is a noticeable difference in his play already this season...

Lets see...

He is doing better all around than last year... but it means jack?

I understand it doesnt mean that he will play this well in a game... but there is a noticeable difference in his play already this season...

Season hasnt started yet, lol.

Season hasnt started yet, lol.

Barton... saying that practice means Jack is pretty stupid...

Sure it doesnt mean that player will play that way in a game... but there are a lot of things that can be said about it...

Chad is doing better this year than he was last year already, he is building up confidence for himself and among his fellow players... that will go a long way come gameday...

Archived