Nugent hits on a 60 yard kick- Randy Lange

Kentucky Jet

Brad, Nooge Are Early Evening Stars

Published: Mon, August 13, 8:46pm EST

By Randy Lange

Lange is editor-in-chief of newyorkjets.com. He covered the Jets for 13 years for The Record of Hackensack, N.J.

File Under: Chad Pennington, Brad Smith, Marques Tuiasosopo, Mike Nugent, Kellen Clemens

change font email article 08/13

Brad, Nooge Are Early Evening Stars

Published: Mon, August 13, 8:46pm EST

By Randy Lange

Lange is editor-in-chief of newyorkjets.com. He covered the Jets for 13 years for The Record of Hackensack, N.J.

File Under: Chad Pennington, Brad Smith, Marques Tuiasosopo, Mike Nugent, Kellen Clemens

change font email article 08/13

It's nice and promising that Nugent hit a 60 yarder in practice, but the guy just can't seem to hit his kick off deep consistently.

For all the talk about him doing extensive exercises for his legs, weight training, etc Nugent still hit the ball poorly on Friday night vs. Atlanta. Unless he can force teams to field the ball deep in their endzone or hit more touchbacks, it will only put more pressure on this defense.

Did you guys really think by not responding to the thread that it would be burried in enough time where I would not see it? I will be there screaming for the Nuge tomorrow baby!

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!

FEAR THE NUGE!

NUGE MANIA 2007!

Did you guys really think by not responding to the thread that it would be burried in enough time where I would not see it? I will be there screaming for the Nuge tomorrow baby!

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!

FEAR THE NUGE!

NUGE MANIA 2007!

Would you have sex with Nuge if he wanted too?

It's nice and promising that Nugent hit a 60 yarder in practice, but the guy just can't seem to hit his kick off deep consistently.

For all the talk about him doing extensive exercises for his legs, weight training, etc Nugent still hit the ball poorly on Friday night vs. Atlanta. Unless he can force teams to field the ball deep in their endzone or hit more touchbacks, it will only put more pressure on this defense.

:banned:

Weren't his 1st 2 kickoffs touchbacks? (I think one rolled in). And I thought the 3rd went to the 4 in the air.

I could be wrong -- but if I remember it correctly that is much better than last year. Last year the 7 seemed to be his distance on kickoffs.

did you watch the ATL game? his first two kickoffs were touchbacks

Did you? One of them bounced into the endzone; lucky it didn't bounce out of bounds first.

That being said, if he buries 1 of 3 for touchbacks I'd be thrilled.

Regardless he says he is stronger this year. By all accounts in camp he is. And he had two touchbacks in the first game.

Seems like a good improvement.

Archived